Is Trump really going to win?

Banz

US election  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the US election?

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • I don't care.

I can't see Clinton winning. Even the traditional Left has turned on her thanks to Benghazi and the Emails, and esecially since the FBI decided not to charge her with anything. It just underpins the entire belief that politicians are crooks.

And that exactly why Trump has so much support.

And as for the Trump fear mongering. Well, we all saw how the Remainers constant fear mongering backfired on them.

Yeah, can't believe all those Remainers kept going on about how the pound would plummet in value and we'd all be skint when going on holiday this year.... Oh.

Behave. Only voted out 3 minutes ago. Come back in 5 years.

Well for sure I'm cancelling my holiday. Was going to take a 3 weeks holiday before I start my next job. I would make a huge lost due to exchange rates. Saving it for next time when the pound rise back again.

I think the key words there were "this year".

You know...in the lead up to the Spanish Armada attack on England, all Elizabeths advisors were begging her to placate that super power or we'd be defeated and broken for years to come.

Anyway, she was defiant, and determined to go our own way and do the things we wanted, not the way someone else wanted.

And we prevailed.

For years the English economy suffered. But as a direct result of that point in history, we became the worlds largest Empire (two Empires in actual fact) . Invented everything, ran everything, and colonised everything.

You're the guy on September 8th 1588 saying "Uh @*!# this, I was gonna go on holiday to Spain this year too"

Moral of the story? Don't expect any country to make pivotal decisions based on your holiday plans. :)

• Like 1

My pint is going to cost more next week when I'm drinking it on the beach. I'm holding you directly responsible for that.

A small price to pay for freedom :)

free from what exactly ? even the leave campaign agreed nothing much is going to change

But as a direct result of that point in history, we became the worlds largest Empire (two Empires in actual fact) . Invented everything, ran everything, and colonised everything.

Don't forget carried out countless massacres of civillians in the far east and africa. Drew up boarders that meant nothing to the people on the ground resulting in years of conflict. Stole valuables from around the world and still refuse to give them back.

Trust me the 'empire' is hardly seen as a good thing in most parts of the world. Especially in places in India and China. Look up the partition of india, the opium wars, and the boer wars.

2 million people died in India as a direct result of British rule, the British fought to legalise opium trade in China for the sake of increasing profit for the empire which left millions addicted to heroine, and now the British want far east countries to invest in the UK....Good luck with that.

Edited by gangzoom

My pint is going to cost more next week when I'm drinking it on the beach. I'm holding you directly responsible for that.

Poor Dan has to result to ash tray lager like fosters or carling now.

*heaves*

You'll be telling me I'll have to drink Stella next!

I actually prefer Sapporo direct from the can. Pop it in the fridge until chilled, then in the freezer approx 15mins before you want to drink it. Remove from freezer and drink straight from the can.

It's such a good quality can that it seems to add to the experience, and super-chilling it briefly before use brings out the bitter flavours better.

Still, its just fizzy pop lager at the end of the day. You can buy Sapporo cheap as chips out of vending machines in Japan :stir:

Have moved into chilled ales/craft beers and never looked back, feel almost aggrieved to have to drink something mass produced generic fizzy lager like Peroni or the like nowadays - Meantime Yakima Red :yahoo:

Edited by coldel