P1ssed off

TT350

Sorry. Another rant.

GF in Ibiza. Hen do.

Tells me the place is awful and loud and scary and loads of rowdy horrible people out.

Proceeds to night out 8pm.

I recieve garbled txt following day at 10am. "Hey Soz. Just got in. Was having fun dnt realise time"

I'm a little tired and a little annoyed that I didn't creep into her mind for her to let me know she was ok in those....14 hours partying. I was up but trying to forget it and just sleep.

I get the third degree if it gets past lunch time and she hasn't heard from me.

She thinks I'm trying to ruin her time away but all I'm asking is to know she's ok and to feel like she even cares. I don't want a summary of what she's been up to. Just a quick "Hey, I'm alive. Dont worry"

Am I a selfish controlling b@stard who's asking too much?

• Like 1

Organise a week long party out with your mates taking in strip clubs etc whilst she is there and update her every 36 hours or so...she will soon be messaging you more often.

On a more serious note, is she in San Antonio? I went there...blimey...when I was 17 which was 24 years ago...it wasn't all that nice a place but quite easy I remember to just go out and stay out all night no problem. Sure after a few nights she will get bored of how utterly tripe the place is and contact you more frequently :)

• Like 2

Organise a week long party out with your mates taking in strip clubs etc whilst she is there and update her every 36 hours or so...she will soon be messaging you more often.

Oh man. I'd LOVE to. But all my mates are currently doing the baby thing and look down their noses at me for being immature. Often I get "Well maybe you should grow up, Gareth"

Really? I have a 4 year old and like nothing more than to take that sort of opportunity to go out and have a bit of a blow out!

Ditto! I got a 6 week old and couldn't agree with this more. :D

Really? I have a 4 year old and like nothing more than to take that sort of opportunity to go out and have a bit of a blow out!

My mates are all besotted with their bambinos. Completely changed. Their wives/gf's go out though lol.

I get berated if I go round and I'm talking a tad too loud.

Dave cradles his 2 year old in his arms the whole night just looking down at her. I'm like "Dave. Dave. Dave.....DAVE"

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

If she expects you to behave in a certain fashion, I.e be in contact, she should behave the same, its basic manners, treat others as you expect to be treated, especially in a relationship with someone you are supposed to care about. How long does it take to send a quick text, 30 secs top, she could do that whilst sat on the toilet.

Sorry dude, 2nd post about your relationship/girlfriend, i am sure you dont need me to spell it out you :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

Sorry. Another rant.

GF in Ibiza. Hen do.

Tells me the place is awful and loud and scary and loads of rowdy horrible people out.

Proceeds to night out 8pm.

I recieve garbled txt following day at 10am. "Hey Soz. Just got in. Was having fun dnt realise time"

Am I a selfish controlling b@stard who's asking too much?

Not at all. Tbh I'd be so pi**ed off by that too. :thumbdown:

I bet you she'd be pi**ed off at you for doing it to her & probably even start asking you if you were bangin' some other girl & that's why you didn't text/ring her.

Doesn't take much just to send a text saying "I'm ok, miss you" or similar and I don't care what other people say as being drunk or high or whatever is no excuse imo.

Oh man. I'd LOVE to. But all my mates are currently doing the baby thing and look down their noses at me for being immature. Often I get "Well maybe you should grow up, Gareth"

Maybe you should get some better friends, Gareth.

:p

Maybe you should get some better friends, Gareth.

:p

I do try but it's hard in your mid 30's.

Sorry dude, 2nd post about your relationship/girlfriend, i am sure you dont need me to spell it out you :)

OK, but I will

"GTFO this relationship before you end up married and a few years later you will be thrown in jail for murder

I was being dipolmatic, strange for me I know :)

Prison might actually be a better option though ;)

I think your being to obsessive to be fair.

Nothing worse than going for a night out and a friend keeps looking at their phone to reply to the other half. Even more I don't want to go for a night and think oh no I've not messaged the other half. She knows where I am and who I'm with so no need to message when I'm out.

If you are that worried it seems like there might be some trust issues in your relationship that you need to sort out or it will drive you crazy.

• Like 2

The question is, do you trust her?

If the answer is "Yes, it would just be nice if she'd let me know she's ok...". The best thing is to let her enjoy the hen party holiday. When she's back just let her know "...glad you had a good time, sounds like it was a real laugh. I was a bit worried as you'd said it was a bit rough out there. But I knew you girls would look after each other.."

That does sow the seed, "glad you had a good time, I worry about you, just let me know you're ok."

If the answer is "Yes I do trust her, but what if..." then you don't trust her and that's your issue which you need to sort out. It's not her, it's you.

If the answer is, "No, I don't trust her..." then you need to think about whether the relationship is the right one for you (and her).

Most girls / women I know, when they get together, they just want to have a laugh, enjoy each other's company, have a few drinks and have a bit of a dance and unwind. That for the most part is what they want to do.

Now consider this, she's on a hen do, lots of chatting, dancing, drinking, more dancing, chatting, drink, eat, chat, dance, sit down, dance drink, sit down, feel a bit queasy, dance, think about a drink, sip some water, dance, forgot to eat!...dance, eat, 5h1t! Phone home!!! etc, etc.

She did get in touch, she did let you know she was safe (although a bit later than you would have liked) and she did apologise.

It's a question of trust, that's all it is

Edited by Bockaaarck
  • Like 4