Race Me sign on my Z

kbad

I don't personally tend to back down from a bit of traffic light Grand Prix, unless it's one of those dodgy junctions which narrows to one lane really quickly and I can tell the other driver will do anything to win. All good clean fun IMO.

I think you lot need to start representing TBH, or we're going to get a reputation as a bunch of wusses :p

if you're in a national, on a dual there's no laws as to how quickly you get to that 70 limit...

As with all things there's a time and a place, little bit of a play pulling away from traffic lights is fine, wouldn't be bothered with kids in hot hatches but something like a cayman which deserves a bit of appreciation then why not!

Because your insurance instantly becomes void when racing on the highway perhaps?

Edited by Wayne370Z

Every time I go out near enough I get someone wanting a race or right up my bumper. I like it though seems to be old boys in bmw's now a days challenging me hahah must be scared or something. Or the good old white van drivers willing to right off your car.

I wonder if its something we bring on ourselves though? I would say people that own a 350z are more likely to be say in the outside lane of a motorway than on the inside, out there you are more likely to encounter tail gaiters giving it some for example. Clearly doesn't account for all incidents, but I am sure plenty of people on here drive in a way that encourages these encounters...just taking a cold hard look at ourselves maybe ;)

I don't personally tend to back down from a bit of traffic light Grand Prix, unless it's one of those dodgy junctions which narrows to one lane really quickly and I can tell the other driver will do anything to win. All good clean fun IMO.

I think you lot need to start representing TBH, or we're going to get a reputation as a bunch of wusses :p

if you're in a national, on a dual there's no laws as to how quickly you get to that 70 limit...

As with all things there's a time and a place, little bit of a play pulling away from traffic lights is fine, wouldn't be bothered with kids in hot hatches but something like a cayman which deserves a bit of appreciation then why not!

Because your insurance instantly becomes void when racing on the highway perhaps?

no one said anything about racing, just a spirited getaway from traffic lights up to the legal speed limit.

Half the cars on this forum probably have void insurance to start with :stir::lol:

• Like 1

We used to have 2 GTI-6's at the same time, one badged up and one debadged. The debadged one didnt even get looked at while the badged one constantly had a Saxo 2 ft away from its bumper, says it all really. :lol:

Didnt get much racey attention in my Zed but Ive found nothing other than supercars wants to play with my 1 Series nowadays. Which is nice. ;)

"We used to have 2 GTI-6's at the same time, one badged up and one debadged. The debadged one didnt even get looked at while the badged one constantly had a Saxo 2 ft away from its bumper, says it all really."

I had a similar experience when I had a Sierra XR4i, (I know, it shows my age!) often from the boys in blue, as the Sierras were often involved in criminal activities, here in the North West at the time.

Matt blacked out the rear badging, no further problems!!

Now, in my Zed roadster, I just very pointedly turn the dashcam round to face the rear and the tailgaters disappear

• Like 1

I had a guy in a Berlingo trying to goad me this afternoon, I just let him get on with it. I saw him nearly lose it on a blind bend, idiot :lol:

Probably my son in a rental. He'll race anything in anything.

And he's still baffled why the ST I sold him was 100% reliable for me for 3 years, now needs constant repairs. Kids :blush:

• Like 1

I understand why someone in a performance car would try and instigate something. Never quite understood why people in proper sheds do tho, had one today, this time someone in a standard passat. I passed him safely on the third lane on the motorway then watched him aggressively move to the first lane to undertake the cars behind me. He swung in right behind my back bumper and proceeded to tail gate me even tho I had traffic infront of me. We had slowed to about 30mph due to the traffic but it soon thinned out, i couldnt help myself and nailed it (up to national speed limit of course ;) ) and litteraly left him standing. I slowed and moved back into the slow lane, he caught up and over took me while making as much noise as possible and giving me a proper dodgy look.

I realise reacting to these idiots isnt clever but im only human at the end of the day, always has me scratching my head and thinking "wtf where they thinking". Great way to embarrass yourself, he had his mrs in the car too :lol:

• Like 2

Guest marcw79

I drive my zed at weekends and a company car during the week and I do seem to attract disproportionately more 'attention' in the zed ... I get overtaken in a 30 or 40 every so often for no reason ... Tailgated semi frequently ... Usually by "ambitious" individuals without the means to match their ambition ... On the other hand I drive my 63 plate Merc A class diesel - and barely see a thing ... Mind you I think that there may be a tendency to notice it more when in the Zed ??

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

LOL - yes it happens

my favorite trick with them is is to rev at the traffic light etc encouraging them and then when it changes to green just pootle along or turn off in a different direction - they just look silly then

Hahahahaha

I live in a little village, just now got tailgated then overtaken by a clapped out mondeo easily approaching 100 in a 30. Nob.

Driving through a 30 the other night, cabbie in a prius ripped along in the bus lane up the inside at least 60 undertaking me, 10pm at night. Utter muppet.

I have to confess I opened up the Popemobile (my Z) this evening an left a blue estate standing on a dual carriage road 😱 honestly I feel sometimes it's prudent to differentiate the mighty 😜Z from rep mobiles and warm hatches as well as aspiring white van drivers - also a great opportunity to clear the tail pipes 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The thing that annoys me most of all. People that deliberately speed up as I overtake on the Motorway

i get that too and it's so annoying and actually dangerous driving - really don't get it 😳

I've not had much experience of people trying to race me but I've had a few people overtaking in totally unnecessary/inappropriate situations, as though they're trying to make a point. It's usually middle aged blokes in bog standard Audis/BMWs.

• Like 1

I've not had much experience of people trying to race me but I've had a few people overtaking in totally unnecessary/inappropriate situations, as though they're trying to make a point. It's usually middle aged blokes in bog standard Audis/BMWs.

I'd say that is trying to instigate a race, all be it in an aggressive and unsportsmanlike manner .....

As taboo as it is to say it on here the way I see it there's two ways to go about having a "race" on the road. The respectful way, IE someone who pulls up beside you and smiles, gives a thumbs up and rev's his/her engine before doing a drive by etc. Or the jealous d*ck head way IE dangerous driving, tailgating aggressively and overtaking dangerously.

Tend to find it's the people in rubbish cars with something to prove to themselves that tend to do the latter, proper enthusiasts are normally much more friendly.

• Like 2

All nonsense to me, was out this saturday, and had 4 guys in a BMW coupe on my case from the turn, driving like idiots tailgating, It was a long straight, they tailgated me then tried to go round me i was already in 4th gear, I floored it. I was approaching a traffic light and some guy was pulling out and saw the bmw on the wrong side of the road and stopped. I was already back on legal limit, so i wasnt coming in fast, It was a red light going green, I scooted out the way so they could get lost.

At first they hesitated, but I waited and didnt move and they went their own way putting on his hazard light, not sure what for as I already thought he was a ****,

The only reason I pulled over is it was getting out of hand, and police wont see him they will only see me, plus someone steps in the road its over. The fact that someone pulling out a side road had to halt to see what the idiots would do next.

I get it all the time. But how much petrol are you going to burn leaving idiots behind.....it gets tiresome.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

All nonsense to me, was out this saturday, and had 4 guys in a BMW coupe on my case from the turn, driving like idiots tailgating, It was a long straight, they tailgated me then tried to go round me i was already in 4th gear, I floored it. I was approaching a traffic light and some guy was pulling out and saw the bmw on the wrong side of the road and stopped. I was already back on legal limit, so i wasnt coming in fast, It was a red light going green, I scooted out the way so they could get lost.

At first they hesitated, but I waited and didnt move and they went their own way putting on his hazard light, not sure what for as I already thought he was a ****,

The only reason I pulled over is it was getting out of hand, and police wont see him they will only see me, plus someone steps in the road its over. The fact that someone pulling out a side road had to halt to see what the idiots would do next.

I get it all the time. But how much petrol are you going to burn leaving idiots behind.....it gets tiresome.

Some one tailgates you and then tries to go around and your response is to floor it? In 4th so presumably to well above the legal limit, and then you have to slow down to the legal limit because there are other road users about who are obviously being put in danger!

You describe him as a ****, and driving like an idiot.

I wonder how would you describe your driving on this occasion then?....... :blush: