Race Me sign on my Z

kbad

It appears there is an invisible sign on the back of my Z that invites all wannabe ford fiestas with oversized exhausts, tired looking Subaru imprezas and GTis to want to race , sniff my tail pipe :rant:. - I am fairy new on the Z space but do others experience gauntlet throwing too or is it just me :boxing:

• Like 4

LOL - yes it happens

my favorite trick with them is is to rev at the traffic light etc encouraging them and then when it changes to green just pootle along or turn off in a different direction - they just look silly then

• Like 6

Comes with the territory. Had a fud in a porsche 911 turbo tailgate me and try to get me to race him once so this behaviour isn't limited to drivers with underpowered cars.

My dashcam holds a compendium of horrendously discourteous drivers.

• Like 3

Fairly common occurrence and tbh it's not limited to the Zeds. Any performance related car will always attract attention from the "wannabe racers". :yawn:

Used to happen to me in the Zed, happened to me in all my previous cars (EP3 CTR, JDM Impreza, ST24, VR6 etc) and heck I get it fairly regularly still these days in my CTR. :dry:

That's why really a good sleeper car is the best to own as you have all the fun of a powerful engine when you want it but 99% of the time people won't bother to try & race you on the roads as your car just looks slow/standard or lacking in power. ;)

• Like 1

Used to get a lot of this when I had my RS Turbo , I remember one day a BMW (they all look the same to me so don't know which one) pulled up alongside me on The A55 on my way to Chester at about 70 mph. He then put his foot down and vanished into the distance. 5 minutes later he was stopped in a pull in with an unmarked police car keeping him company :lol:

Pete

• Like 6

Comes with the territory. Had a fud in a porsche 911 turbo tailgate me and try to get me to race him once so this behaviour isn't limited to drivers with underpowered cars.

My dashcam holds a compendium of horrendously discourteous drivers.

I was trying to goad a 911 Turbo into a little fun today but he was having none of it :D

• Like 2

I was trying to goad a 911 Turbo into a little fun today but he was having none of it :D

See you saying that Jumzo just makes me think that if you search on the Porsche forums you'll probably find a thread like this one with someone saying this as below...

It appears there is an invisible sign on the back of my Porsche 911 Turbo that invites all wannabe racers in their Nissan 350Z's with over sized exhausts to want to race, sniff my tail pipe! :rant:

:lol:

Oh and if it was a new Porsche 911 Turbo, bear in mind that it'll do 0-100 pretty much as quick as you'll do 0-60 so you'd have no chance anyway. :blush:;):D

• Like 3

Oh and if it was a new Porsche 911 Turbo, bear in mind that it'll do 0-100 pretty much as quick as you'll do 0-60 so you'd have no chance anyway. :blush:;):D

Can always try :D

You'd have to try bl**dy hard. :lol:

Tbf though the Porsche is almost £150K odd when new & fully kitted out. :scare:B)

Anything that doesn't look like a boring saloon car gets this, its not a Zed thing don't worry. People wanted it when I had my Zed, when I had my R33 and now in the Celica even more so as it looks a bit boy racey with its huge rear wing. Funnily enough never got any bother from people when in the VX220...

• Like 1

Ah yeah. Bgw. My old Celica had a modest factory spoiler and that somehow gave wee chavs in Micra's the impression I was up for a race.

I'll have to put up with even more unwanted attention when the 380 lands. Not subtle at all in how it looks.

Funnily enough never got any bother from people when in the VX220...

I'd guess they either didn't know the car and thought "pffft it's a Vauxhall, probably slow as poo!" so didn't bother racing you,

...or they did know the car & thought "yep, not going to bother racing that bathtub with an engine bolted on it as I've no chance!" :dry::lol:

;)

• Like 3

Yep, happens a lot, just ignore them or if it does annoy you take your Z along to 1/4 and it'll give you an indication (driver 'talent' in mind) just what cars can and cannot bother you lol Focus ST's, CTR's etc need not apply in my own personal 1/4 mile experience haha...although I'd think twice about the new one (CTR)...

Mind you I did get beaten by a modded and stripped out Lupo once...but shhh

Edited by AMT

I have managed to out drag a few wannabes but find I run out of road to stretch the Z 😳😳😬🙈 especially in Milton Keynes where their is a roundabout every 2 miles 😇😇🔥😎

Where I live it's mostly school age looking kids in not-hot hatches, but I had an MG ZT 160 showing me what his rover was made of.

I do exactly what someone said above, rev and act like I'm up for it then when they go full beans I just roll off the line or turn off at the junctions hahaha.

Hopefully they go away thinking they can beat 350z's then get slapped by someone here a little racier than me haha.

Either that or reach over to your passenger seat, put on the fireproof balaclava and crash helmet, flick a load of switches installed on the dash into the ON and DRAG MODE positions, then see what they do... :lol:

• Like 2

I don't personally tend to back down from a bit of traffic light Grand Prix, unless it's one of those dodgy junctions which narrows to one lane really quickly and I can tell the other driver will do anything to win. All good clean fun IMO.

I think you lot need to start representing TBH, or we're going to get a reputation as a bunch of wusses :p

I don't personally tend to back down from a bit of traffic light Grand Prix, unless it's one of those dodgy junctions which narrows to one lane really quickly and I can tell the other driver will do anything to win. All good clean fun IMO.

I think you lot need to start representing TBH, or we're going to get a reputation as a bunch of wusses :p

if you're in a national, on a dual there's no laws as to how quickly you get to that 70 limit...

As with all things there's a time and a place, little bit of a play pulling away from traffic lights is fine, wouldn't be bothered with kids in hot hatches but something like a cayman which deserves a bit of appreciation then why not!