Race Me sign on my Z

kbad

It comes with the territory of owning a quick car, and while there are fast cars on the road it will never change.

in 2016 im not sure this car is considered quick lol, when there are 500-1000 hp cars on the road, it does fly though coming from a civic :D

car doesn't need to be 500bhp or a above to be considered quick IMO.

Actually, that's a really good idea about using a friend to practice overtaking. You could film it that way too, to see how your driving actually looks/sounds to others.

I seem to remember being on track with you once, sadly I couldnt give any feedback about overtaking as you didnt go past anyone :p

How was my overtaking though? :p :p

As for driving, I think you would look much better going sideways a bit more often :p

Actually, that's a really good idea about using a friend to practice overtaking. You could film it that way too, to see how your driving actually looks/sounds to others.

I seem to remember being on track with you once, sadly I couldnt give any feedback about overtaking as you didnt go past anyone :p

How was my overtaking though? :p :p

As for driving, I think you would look much better going sideways a bit more often :p

LOL - trolled :lol:
  • Like 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My poor little MX5 couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, much less overtake anything :(:lol:

I feel you ðŸ‹ðŸ‹ my poor little 1.8 litre struggled with anything hotter than a corsa 1.2 🙈😱

I agree with zeezee- just how much quicker you can go than our cars now has obviously increased, but the Z's still quicker than easily 95% of the other cars on the road.

Last I checked, just because 'hyper cars' these days are breaking the 3 second mark in 0-60 times doesn't mean they're putting V8's in fiestas hahaha.

I consider any car doing sub 7 seconds to 60 mph as quick, sub 5 seconds fast and sub 4 seconds as unaffordable :)

Just had a look at <4s cars and its an interesting list, some of the more affordable cars include Lotus Exige, C63 and SL65 Mercedes, Evo 8/9, 996/997 Turbot, RS6, RS7, 2012 Impreza WRX, CLS63 ........ a Nismo GTR is under 3 seconds too :o

• Like 1

Well, it had to happen. I've only had the car 5 days and last night a Punto Turbo was giving it the beans trying to undertake me on a roundabout and today on my way home a Porsche Targa 4 did the same.

Porsche driver did NOT look happy.

I love the Exige, to be fair the Elise is a belter anyway.Even a Vx220 is a proper tool, love em.

VX220 NA version is just an S2 Elise with a more reliable and powerful engine 😉 look past the badge and its a better deal than the Lotus equivalent ðŸ‘

I love the Exige, to be fair the Elise is a belter anyway.Even a Vx220 is a proper tool, love em.

VX220 NA version is just an S2 Elise with a more reliable and powerful engine 😉 look past the badge and its a better deal than the Lotus equivalent ðŸ‘

Yes I know mate, a friend of mine is a drivetrain and chassis engineer at Hethel.

We met when he bought an old Racing Puma from me some years back. He created an awesome track weapon out of it and utilised some lotus cast offs to enhance it.

• Like 1

I consider any car doing sub 7 seconds to 60 mph as quick, sub 5 seconds fast and sub 4 seconds as unaffordable :)

When I got my first car, 1969, anything under 10 seconds was pretty quick. For example, affordable sports cars like the Triumph Spitfire and M.G Midget took around 14-15 seconds, a Lotus Europa around 9.5. If you were a pop or film star you could get a Lamborghini Miura which took a fairly pedestrian by todays standards 7.0 seconds. By the 80's quick had dropped to 8 seconds, like the Capri 2.8i which just broke the 8 second barrier and at the current rate sub 4 second cars should be fairly affordable in 25 years :):lol:

Pete

• Like 2

if i win the lottery ill have a flying car by 2035, only used at night ofcourse so i cant be spotted, with f22 type coating to minimise radar detection, call me batman,

0-60 miura, those cars were grown up though, and had superior top speeds, so you might get left today, but youll be in a unique motor

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1