The little things you love about your Zed?

HEADPHONES

I was reminded today how much I love the Zed horn.

Snowing in Manchester today.

Driving to work on a dual carriageway and some dumb bint with snow covered side windows decides to try to cut in front of me without indicating obviously not seeing me in the left hand lane.

Immediately banged the horn and she aborted her manoeuvre :thumbs:

Had I one of those daft horns on the indicator stalk I would have probably snapped it off as I slammed it!

What little touches in your Zed have you come to appreciate?

Edited by HEADPHONES

I like the way it inspires confidence over my dire and vastly overrated M3 (E46).

Still suprised about the vast difference in opinions regarding the e46!

IMO the 46 felt heavy even though the Z is similar in weight it feels lighter. The rack wasn't quick enough and was only really sorted in the run out CSL and CS models.The standard brakes were shocking and needed uprating. The engine sounded like a tractor on tick over even after a Vanos rebuild. I looked after it, dealer inspections done to schedule etc etc.

I literally swapped it for the Z, couldn't wait to get rid of it. I do however like the E92 M3 and thought it was a vast improvement all round.

The Z makes me look out the kitchen window constantly, it's a damn fine looking car.

The seats support me just right, the wheelbase is short enough for rear end slides to be caught like a go cart. The steering feel and lock aren't the best I've experienced but it's damn close.

The noise on the HFC and Miltek sounds great.

Some say the Z seating is to high, coming from the M it feels like I'm sat on the floor which is great.

I love the rear haunches viewed through the mirrors, it's reminiscent to a Porsche or the Racing Puma I once owned, lovely.

It's a positive car and attracts nice comments, in the M people thought less positive thoughts I'm sure.

The Z forum is one of the best I've used, Cutters was a less pleasant experience.

• Like 1

The way it makes me feel. The attention people pay when you drive past.

EG; I was refuelling one time and a guy driving off after filling up pointed to my Z and gave thumbs up.

Always turns heads.

Then there's the sound the V6 makes.

It has a lot of road presence and timeless looks. You wouldn't think it was 13 years old!

• Like 1

the fact it makes me giggle like a little girl when I put my foot down, not exactly a 'touch' but it's still epic :teeth:

I get to drive through 3 tunnels when I drive to my office in Welwyn Garden city.

And like a 12 year old I still wind the windows down to listen to the noise it makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The Zed forum and the member thus far that ive met with!!

Back to the car:

Arches all round i think are sexy as F**k!!

Driving position and low scuttle panel

R34 GTR brakes

Aluminum hood

The low end lb-ft from the BIG V6

When parked up after driving in the rain once the water spots have dried, you can actually see how the car's aero directs the air flow/rain mist neatly around the car - i think thats cool.

The very lightweight RAYS 18's alloy wheels *why ever change?

The fact that it has a carbon prop

All the little Z detailing on the 350z and - - - designs everywhere

Digital speedo option

David

Edited by davey_83

I love the compliments its been getting recently like last week went to tesco and a woman in her late 60's goes oh my god love the look of your 350z. I was shocked to be honest as most people even younger have no clue what it is (also was debadged haha) then she brought her husband out his car for a look and he was like give us a rev please haha no way would I get this with any other sports car.

• Like 1

I like the fact I have a button that, when pressed, makes the exhaust and engine sound come alive. It's awesome.

I'm surprised more people didn't have this fitted when they bought their Zeds.

Edited by Juggalo

I like the fact I have a button that, when pressed, makes the exhaust and engine sound come alive. It's awesome.

Is it a mod or factory fitted?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Is it a mod or factory fitted?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Factory. I press this and it suddenly sounds awesome B)

2m4dr9h.jpg

• Like 3

I love how driver focused it is. I was never a confident driver until I test drove a Z, I fell in love :). I love the comments it gets, it's definitely a head turner! People are always surprised when I tell them it's 10 years old, because my Z is immaculate and the design doesn't make it look old.

Edited by Ukeraa
  • Like 1

I love my zed, I've never had a car which I have looked back at whilst walking away so many times. And not only me, these are all from the past two weeks:

-I drove through Welshpool and everyone I looked at was looking back!

-After washing the zed yesterday, three boys playing on bikes were mouthing 'wow' and came over to ask questions.

-a Lorry driver at work came over to compliment the zed.

-a girl was looking at it at tesco and looked at me and smiled (much to Rhians disgust!)

-went to the green machine (Aqua scaping shop) and the boss came out to see what the fuss was about when all his staff were outside!

-man at service station gave thumbs up.

It's not just us driving them who feel giddy, the zed is loved by everyone!

..expect a skiddy couple in Oswestry who when walking past the woman goes 'it's just a Nissan. It's a shed' naturally I was quick to ask what she drives - public transport lol