Any heavy readers out there

andybp

I stumbled across The Diary of The Displaced series recently and I've nearly read every word the guy has put to paper.

The author is glynn james who's not all that well known but seriously I've enjoyed these more than any books I've read in recent years.

Sci-fi with a very nostalgic tinge to it. Wouldn't go as far as saying its steampunk but not a million miles away

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I used to read a lot. Mainly autobiographies as I find it really interesting finding out how people got to where they are in life, and finding out a bit more about peoples characters/backgrounds.

I just havent had the spare time recently to read much. But on my honeymoon the other year I actually managed to get through 8 books in 2 weeks as there wasnt anything else to do. :(

• Like 2

Surprised at the cussing of Cussler, Ive read all of the Fargo, NUMA and Im just starting on Dirk Pitt, they are hardly great literature but knock along at a good pace, see also Jack Reacher series, NYPD Red series too :thumbs:

Michael Connolly books are great (Harry Bosch, Mickey Haller) and the Private Series by James Patterson are along similar lines - pacey, exciting and very easy to read. Im assuming youve read all of the Stieg Larsson, Jo Nesbo and Dan Brown books too, if not get them done :)

Most of my reading material would be no good to you as it's all thriller, murder type stuff but I was once recommended the most bizarre series of books that I thought sounded like a load of rubbish which I actually couldn't put down - not my usual thing at all, called Clan of the Cave Bear. Google it, you never know you might like it! I also started reading the books that Game of Thrones is based on and that was good as well, but I did understand it a bit more having seen the series!

• Like 1

If you can sway away from the sci fi. I've been reading the Clive Cussler - Dirk Pitt adventures.

I enjoyed the Dirk Pitt books, they get a little samey after about the 700th book in the series though.

Jim Butcher - The Dresden Files (16 books so far)

I enjoyed those as well, good reads.

I'm currently reading the Century trilogy by Ken Follett, fiction but set around real events (WWI, WWII etc), currently on the last book and enjoyed both the first ones.

Most of my reading material would be no good to you as it's all thriller, murder type stuff but I was once recommended the most bizarre series of books that I thought sounded like a load of rubbish which I actually couldn't put down - not my usual thing at all, called Clan of the Cave Bear. Google it, you never know you might like it! I also started reading the books that Game of Thrones is based on and that was good as well, but I did understand it a bit more having seen the series!

Clan of Cave Bear .......... rocks :thumbs:

I have a copy of IT you can borrow Nixy :lol:

I enjoy a good read when I get the time . . anything Thriller, Horror or SciFi.

Last book I finished was the Martian . . . book is way better than the film., although I am bias as I used to work with Andy Weir.

Currently about half way though Stephen King's Doctor Sleep