coldel

168 members have voted

1. 1. How are you likely to vote in the upcoming EU referendum

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Unsure
    • Not going to vote

Causing issues at work for one of our guys :D

Apparently he voted out this morning, but his missus voted in and then made the mistake of telling him. He's literally raging at her for this, and they're not even talking now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Causing issues at work for one of our guys :D

Apparently he voted out this morning, but his missus voted in and then made the mistake of telling him. He's literally raging at her for this, and they're not even talking now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant. My boss at work she is voting In, her bloke voted out, they are both fuming that their votes have cancelled each other out :lol:

• Like 2

Plenty of discussion in our household this week, Caroline is still undecided and I'm voting to stay in mainly for 2 reasons. Don't want to see a breakup of The U.K and I'm really worried about the financial consequences, better the Devil you know I suppose. My daughter even texted me this morning asking which way I was voting, first text I've had off her this year :surrender:

As a democrat I'll accept the result and get on with it but I fear that if we don't get a decisive remain vote then this will drag on for years and years.

Pete.

Edited by JetSet

it's quids in for me either way. Been taking advantage of cashback sites and online bookies deals and stand to make:

£6.50 for a remain result

£35.00 for leave

£105 for leave with 70%> turnout (turnout of population, not leave winning 70>%)

ok so I might sound like a complete mercenary but it adds a welcome distraction to the day!

S.

Edited by Squee
  • Like 2

Fortunately we are not spearheaded by a very angry little woman who just hates Britain, so think either vote will be basically accepted, well i hope. I am really not fussed either way, i doubt it will affect me one jot, probably the same as 99.9% of people on here.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

Looking from south of EU this looks like a good spin for UK to establish it's power in EU order. I really really doubt that masters of universe would allow for UK to step out as it would just add gasoline to fire and make a chain reaction of other countries fleeing from it. And that is something creators of this Union cant and wont allow. Looking at my country when was election whether to join or no majority of people I know where against and this was majority like 98%. And somehow we entered.

So im pretty sure i would put my money that UK stays

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Edited by Snjur
  • Like 1

Fortunately we are not spearheaded by a very angry little woman who just hates Britain, so think either vote will be basically accepted, well i hope. I am really not fussed either way, i doubt it will affect me one jot, probably the same as 99.9& of people on here.

Hopefully, you are right, but if the £ loses loads of value we'll have an interest rate rise to stabilise its value, that'll mean a mortgage rate rise. I'm certainly not saying that's going to happen but its a possibility. In fact some people would welcome an interest rise, people with no mortgage and savings like me.

Pete

Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Union’s (EU) unelected executive arm, has complained that too many EU officials are listening to “national opinion†rather than pushing for an unwanted European super state.

The UK has been a long-standing opponent of the creation of a European super-state. However, on the eve of Britain’s vote on its membership of the EU, Mr. Junker has reaffirmed his intention to undemocratically push for its creation.

“In former times, all those implied in the project were full-time Europeans. Now we have too many part-time Europeans,†he said, according to the Independent.

Adding: “That is a problem because some of our colleagues in the European Council are listening exclusively to their national opinion.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/23/eu-president-slams-part-time-europeans-national-opinion-slowing-ever-closer-union/

All those who argued the EU is democratic, and voted in....how blatant does it have to be before it sinks in?

I was once in favor of a United States of Europe but that was in the 1980's. My thoughts then were what would it be like if America consisted of 50 different countries, who would be the worlds policeman? I daresay that many States could easily survive as countries, Texas and California for sure. Texas still has a sizeable majority who think of themselves as Texans, not Americans. However, I don't see a united Europe as a possibility for hundreds of years,if ever, too many cultural and language differences, something that wasn't a great issue in America's case.

Pete

I was once in favor of a United States of Europe but that was in the 1980's. My thoughts then were what would it be like if America consisted of 50 different countries, who would be the worlds policeman? I daresay that many States could easily survive as countries, Texas and California for sure. Texas still has a sizeable majority who think of themselves as Texans, not Americans. However, I don't see a united Europe as a possibility for hundreds of years,if ever, too many cultural and language differences, something that wasn't a great issue in America's case.

Pete

I think that's the plan. They're trying to break the cultures down and end Nationalism with mass immigration. It's having the opposite. Far right parties are gaining ground in response to Far Left policies. Austria was within an inch of voting a Far Right group in a few weeks ago

Edited by Juggalo

Something that I must remark on. Why are those who wish to leave known as Euro Sceptical when they should be called Anti European. The definition of a sceptic is , Someone who is "not easily convinced, having doubts or reservations". Does that sound like Nigel Farage or John Redwood to you :lol:

Pete

Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Union’s (EU) unelected executive arm, has complained that too many EU officials are listening to “national opinion†rather than pushing for an unwanted European super state.

The UK has been a long-standing opponent of the creation of a European super-state. However, on the eve of Britain’s vote on its membership of the EU, Mr. Junker has reaffirmed his intention to undemocratically push for its creation.

“In former times, all those implied in the project were full-time Europeans. Now we have too many part-time Europeans,†he said, according to the Independent.

Adding: “That is a problem because some of our colleagues in the European Council are listening exclusively to their national opinion.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/23/eu-president-slams-part-time-europeans-national-opinion-slowing-ever-closer-union/

All those who argued the EU is democratic, and voted in....how blatant does it have to be before it sinks in?

He's one person, who won't be around for ever to push anything through on his own. It's no different to stupid people voting on the referendum based on whether they prefer Cameron or Boris: Completely irrelevant to the actual issue.

No different to the PM wanting everyone to wear pink socks on Wendesdays, but the rest of the HoP vote for green socks on Fridays instead.

• Like 1

Just been to vote. Very busy at the polling station, I first voted there in 1970 and have never seen so many people queuing to vote. Of course the absolutely beautiful day we're having up here helps :)

Pete