coldel

168 members have voted

1. 1. How are you likely to vote in the upcoming EU referendum

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Unsure
    • Not going to vote

<a tabulated list>

I'd prefer to listen to Peter Hargreaves actual opinions rather than just a list of names, anyone who has £2B personally in the UK stock market has to be doing something right:

Q: Would leaving the EU impact savings and investment?

A: I have more money in the stock market than any other person in the U.K., I have 2 billion pounds in the U.K. stock market. No one has anything like that. Do you think I would be intent on leaving if I thought that was going to endanger my wealth?

Read the full Q&A on Bloomberg here (you have to scroll down a little):

http://newsletters.b...b2rp7i/front-1p

We joined the EU nearly sixty years ago, so rhetorically no of course not (although at the time it was seen by the majority as a good thing as the UK was not performing well), but then again did you vote for us having two main competing political parties, did you vote for VAT to increase to 20%, did you vote for Wembley twin towers to be knocked down? You can't vote on everything, you vote in a party that you believe will best represent your views and needs.

What punishments are you referring to as to remaining in the EU?

They don`t represent you mate, they Govern you in the way they see fit. As that is the system we have you just have to get on with it..

We joined the EU nearly sixty years ago

Don't, just..don't.

What little credibility you had is flushed with that statement.

The EU was established in 1985 and 1986 on the signing of Schengen and the SEA. What came before it was acceptable. What came after it, was most definitely not. Nobody in the this country consented to those two land mark agreements. The EU.

I can't wait for the bloody BREXIT to finish, so we can take back control and allow British farmers to grow all my favourite fruits: bananas, pineapple, watermelons, passion fruit, papaya, lychees, physalis, mango and walnuts.

Enough with the bloody foreign fruits and veggies!

Let's also ban Parmigianno, Camembert, Brie, Pecorino, Gouda and so on! Our Cathedral cheese is the best! We don't need their cheese here!

I think the weather will also be better if you come out the EU, must be the bloody bureaucrats in Brussels allocating us the shite weather every year, because they want more funds from us!

:lol:

Oh no... I didn't realise that we'll only be able to buy English produce here if we leave. Better vote in then :p

We joined the EU nearly sixty years ago

Don't, just..don't.

What little credibility you had is flushed with that statement.

The EU was established in 1985 and 1986 on the signing of Schengen and the SEA. What came before it was acceptable. What came after it, was most definitely not. Nobody in the this country consented to those two land mark agreements. The EU.

Little credibility? So all the issues I bring to the debate, which to be quite frank many people were unaware of prior to this are not credible, your rantings, with little factual basis apart from your own formed opinion make you the most credible voice in the room? Listen mate, I am not going to rise to ranting, happy to discuss numbers and economic approaches but not paranoia around immigration.

• Like 1

Vote out. For the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vote stay for best of the best ;)

Also do you think you're getting the best out of your health service?

I don't think so.

Leave campaign has already stated that this huge sum of money we will save when we leave will go towards the NHS, increasing annual spend by nearly 4%. Question back, do you believe this will make a significant difference to the health care you receive?

I believe the quality of the care with increase, the waiting times reduced, and the pure fact we won't have doctors or nurses striking is probably the biggest factor! If you look at the reports on Stafford hospital where there has been numours deaths I believe the funding will stop this.

A hospital is where you go to get better!

Any sensible business person will tell you that a cash increase of 4% will not suddenly create huge changes in your business. 4% will not be sufficient to open dozens of hospitals and staff and spec them out, sorry, but thats just not going to happen.

4% is better than 0% mate.

No denying that of course. Whether the rest of the economy remains in status quo though is debatable. It could improve as some Leave people claim, but it could also worsen which would wipe out that 4% very quickly. This is the risk assessment I am weighing up really - I am still sitting in the In camp, but could well be swayed last minute if I see something positive from the Leave camp. I was waiting for their plan to appear on their site and was disappointed, was hoping it would be something I could take on board and consider.

• Like 1

Vote out. For the best.

Vote stay for best of the best ;)

Also do you think you're getting the best out of your health service?

I don't think so.

Leave campaign has already stated that this huge sum of money we will save when we leave will go towards the NHS, increasing annual spend by nearly 4%. Question back, do you believe this will make a significant difference to the health care you receive?

I believe the quality of the care with increase, the waiting times reduced, and the pure fact we won't have doctors or nurses striking is probably the biggest factor! If you look at the reports on Stafford hospital where there has been numours deaths I believe the funding will stop this.

A hospital is where you go to get better!

Any sensible business person will tell you that a cash increase of 4% will not suddenly create huge changes in your business. 4% will not be sufficient to open dozens of hospitals and staff and spec them out, sorry, but thats just not going to happen.

4% is better than 0% mate.

No denying that of course. Whether the rest of the economy remains in status quo though is debatable. It could improve as some Leave people claim, but it could also worsen which would wipe out that 4% very quickly. This is the risk assessment I am weighing up really - I am still sitting in the In camp, but could well be swayed last minute if I see something positive from the Leave camp. I was waiting for their plan to appear on their site and was disappointed, was hoping it would be something I could take on board and consider.

So have you gone through a decision making process or were you always going to vote remain? A lot of people are ruling out 1 side or the other but I've weighed up both and have come to a decision. I'm finding people to be very cynical in there decision making process. Boils down to people not knowing the real importance of this vote.

I started off as very open minded, I didn't vehemently start one way or the other, we are as a country 'In' at the moment and personally I am doing fine, happy in my job, family etc. Its up to the Leave campaign to convince me that its in my interests to vote Leave. I want them to position it in a way that I can see clear benefits that offset the clear issues of doing so. I haven't been convinced enough that its worth it, there is still time though, although remains to be seen what the tactics will be over the last couple of days.

• Like 2

The one sided bollox that people are coming out with from both sides is boring the crap out of me. it shows how petty minded ,many are, bombarding a discussion thread with propaganda videos and literature from remain or leave doesn't sway vote, it just wastes space, i've taken to skipping posts now as they are filled with one sided BS.

most have made their mind up early on and no amount of PR is going to make them switch either way. those on the fence probably know deep down already; you know when you make a choice but your disappointed you made it like choosing crumble over sticky toffee pudding. if you make a choice and you feel sad about it, then it probably means you need to pick the other one.

I don't mind a discussion

• Like 2

I started off as very open minded, I didn't vehemently start one way or the other, we are as a country 'In' at the moment and personally I am doing fine, happy in my job, family etc. Its up to the Leave campaign to convince me that its in my interests to vote Leave. I want them to position it in a way that I can see clear benefits that offset the clear issues of doing so. I haven't been convinced enough that its worth it, there is still time though, although remains to be seen what the tactics will be over the last couple of days.

Honestly best mind set. This is the intelligent to make your decision. Be more like coldel.

Edited by harryjackson
  • Like 1

Really good debate tonight, disappointed by the LEAVE camp arguments, the sounded like a broken record: TAKE BACK CONTROL AND VOTE LEAVE on repeat...

Faith restored, it's going to be a REMAIN vote :D

You should vote leave so we can hopefully deport you ;) hahaha I joke 😀😀😀😀

I haven't been convinced enough that its worth it, there is still time though, although remains to be seen what the tactics will be over the last couple of days.

Judging by what the campaigns have been like so far, the only progression I can see happening is that they start insulting each others mums.

• Like 2

I've switched off FB tonight and probably for the rest of the week, am sick of the bombardment of Referendum twaddle that people repost.

the sooner Thursdays out the way, the sooner they can get on with bitching over why who ever lost of won wasn't fair and then we can all get on with life.

I have a strong feeling that we'll vote to remain anyway. It's been alright for comedy value I guess. I'm not sure I can bring myself to vote for anything in future, seeing what modern politics has become.

The suprise for me is that one of the few politicians i actually have respect for is Corbyn, i respect his integrity the fact that he sticks by his beliefs and he when he talks he isn't a highly polished PR turd. he is himself.

that said i don't agree with a lot of his policy ideas,

i just hope a Corbyn style candidate comes to the forefront in the future that offers another alternative, even better would be if 2 or 3 more came out. and offer the public something worth voting for.

The suprise for me is that one of the few politicians i actually have respect for is Corbyn, i respect his integrity the fact that he sticks by his beliefs and he when he talks he isn't a highly polished PR turd. he is himself.

that said i don't agree with a lot of his policy ideas,

i just hope a Corbyn style candidate comes to the forefront in the future that offers another alternative, even better would be if 2 or 3 more came out. and offer the public something worth voting for.

Definitely. It's good to see a politician saying what they actually think, regardless of whether I agree or not.