Brexit 23rd June..?

coldel

168 members have voted

1. 1. How are you likely to vote in the upcoming EU referendum

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Unsure
    • Not going to vote

So the answer is, its not been mentioned anywhere, your just trying to fluff up your argument for Britain to stay with scare tactics.

I feel absolutely sure EU citizens will be able to stay and work in Britain, they are not all going to be shipped out on the first boat/plane the morning after and dare i say, if the EU citizens dont like it here after, they have a choice ;)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

"Because an exit from the EU on 23 June would represent possibly the most right-wing exit imaginable. Even a fanatical optimist cannot believe that the values of internationalism and equality will be reinforced by a Brexit in these circumstances.

The last four weeks have witnessed a re-emergence of views on a mass scale that seemed safely assigned to the past. The mainstream campaign to leave the EU has pandered to nationalism, has built a wave of anti-immigrant sentiment and has fostered a notion that outside the EU we can return to an age when Britain was the world’s foremost ‘great power’. "

http://www.independe...e-a7075021.html

When all else fails throw down the race card eh.

I think you'll find that old chestnut has run out of steam with the British.

What I find truly abhorrent is the media and pundits for remain are implying if you want to leave that you are complicit in the murder of Jo Cox by that lunatic....b...stds I'm out

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm still weighing up the data, the information, trying to get in to as many facts I can. I genuinely believe this may be the most important thing I will ever have to cast a vote on.

For me there are many arguments for each side, both good and bad. There are certainly risks and potential benefits for remain and leave.

For me it's not just about economics or trade. Neither is it about the negatives or positives of immigration. Only part of it is about sovereignty, self determination or the commitment to work collaboratively with other nation states.

For me, as someone of mixed heritage, although born and bred in England / The United Kingdom / Great Britain. As much as anything, it's about what is and what will become the prevailing social and political views / leanings of my fellow countrymen/ women. Should we remain or leave.

I think that has become what wil be the biggest factor in my vote. What sort of country do I want to live in and with what kind of people. It requires a great deal of long term thought

Edited by Bockaaarck

I found this video interesting and helpful in terms of providing some background to some of the pro's / cons of leaving / staying in the EU.

It's a short lecture by Professor Michael Dougan, from the Liverpool Law School, an expert in European Law, about 20 mins long

He's an independent academic who's professional career has been based on the EU, its laws and regulations and how they don't or do work.

Took a drive to see a mate in the countryside today, I was genuinely surprised by the amount of vote leave signs on peoples property, noticeable on farms, obviouly they arent getting the eu subsides ;) note one vote in though.

Not a good start, the Union Flag is upside down.

not necessarily, depends which side the flagpole is, if it's on the right then all is OK, if it's on the left then you are correct

Took a drive to see a mate in the countryside today, I was genuinely surprised by the amount of vote leave signs on peoples property, noticeable on farms, obviouly they arent getting the eu subsides ;) note one vote in though.

in Suffolk near me some one has been busy with the remain placards. several bridges and sides of the road. and near my workplace a badly hand painted sign saying "F off Farage Vote remain"

As for the right to remain in the country as an established EU citizen it will be no different than the right to remain for a well established Commonwealth citizen. having just helped my mum (Australian) sort her application for right to remain. even after she's been here for 40 years and served in Her Majesties Royal Navy.

The issue for some to remain will be meeting the current changes that the current government has made to expected salary requirements after 3 years. I know this because a lot of Foreign teachers, not just EU, actually predominantly from the Common wealth won't be earning enough to be able to secure a permanent right of stay.

from memory the benchmark salary is about £36,000 which a lot of teachers aren't on and those newly qualified aren't close to after 5 years. (might be 3 years).

peoples ability to vote; or lack of vote in the referendum is no different to the lack of vote the English had on the Scottish referendum, or the lack of vote ex pats have outside of the UK.

Not a good start, the Union Flag is upside down.

not necessarily, depends which side the flagpole is, if it's on the right then all is OK, if it's on the left then you are correct

Flags are always shown left to right, not right to left. It's international standard.

Interestingly this feels like its going the way of the Scots vote - getting closer nearer the vote. I have been keeping more of an eye on the bookies now, they very rarely get it wrong, they put remain as favourites still...much closer than it was though.

But as far as Warsi's 'defection', this is just about publicity for her as well. If she had any integrity and truly believed in Brexit, she'd campaign herself about what she thought were the real issues with EU membership - maybe she could even provide some genuine facts which would help the voters. Switching to support Remain just shows that it's not about what she believes is best for the country, but getting to hang with the crowd that benefit her - I'm struggling to believe that she actually changed her mind about what's best for the country based on a dodgy poster. It's the same as the last MP to switch that I posted about - her reasoning was that she didn't like the lies that were being told by the Leave campaign (specifically the £350m for the NHS figure IIRC).

Yes the Warsi thing is now what its all about (Farage probably grateful for it) although plenty of stories going around how apparently she has been disgruntled for ages, others saying she never attended a single leave meeting etc. etc. All about damage limitation at the moment from both sides.

The whole campaign by both sides has been shocking, I think we had better more informed debates here, and we aren't the 'experts'.

The sad thing is I read a couple of news stories on Sky News website over breakfast out of interest to see what 'the masses' were posting in the comments section and some of it is just so much utter garbage that they really shouldn't be allowed near a voting booth :surrender:

Yes the Warsi thing is now what its all about (Farage probably grateful for it) although plenty of stories going around how apparently she has been disgruntled for ages, others saying she never attended a single leave meeting etc. etc. All about damage limitation at the moment from both sides.

The whole campaign by both sides has been shocking, I think we had better more informed debates here, and we aren't the 'experts'.

The sad thing is I read a couple of news stories on Sky News website over breakfast out of interest to see what 'the masses' were posting in the comments section and some of it is just so much utter garbage that they really shouldn't be allowed near a voting booth :surrender:

Well I guess you could say that the campaigns have at least been of the appropriate level for some of the public :D

As the FTSE dropping was mentioned as an indication of how bad Brexit is for the economy, it's now bounced back up to 6220 (a huge gain of 199 points today), so does that mean that Brexit can now be seen as a good thing for the economy? :p

• Like 1