168 members have voted

1. 1. How are you likely to vote in the upcoming EU referendum

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Unsure
    • Not going to vote

rather than on interfering with other countries internal affairs

You mean like the EU?

Eh... You know what I mean, you're just playful now :) The trouble caused everywhere we went alongside USA...

As at 23 July 2015, a total of 454 British forces personnel or MOD civilians have died while serving in Afghanistan since the start of operations in October 2001. Of these, 405 were killed as a result of hostile action. 49 are known to have died either as a result of illness, non-combat injuries or accidents, or have not yet officially been assigned a cause of death pending the outcome of an investigation. The balance of these figures may change as inquests are concluded. Following a helicopter crash on 11 October 2015, 2 further UK personnel have died while serving in Afghanistan, taking the total number of military deaths to 456.

https://www.gov.uk/g...ion/afghanistan

It is with very deep regret that the Ministry of Defence has confirmed the following fatalities suffered during Operation TELIC. A total of 179 British Armed Forces personnel or MOD civilians have died serving on Operation TELIC since the start of the campaign in March 2003. Of these, 136 were killed as a result of hostile action. 43 are known to have died either as a result of illness, non-combat injuries or accidents, or have not yet officially been assigned a cause of death pending the outcome of an investigation.

https://www.gov.uk/g...-operation/iraq

What for? :surrender:

Nobody mentions here about the money WASTED on wars in Afghanistan, Irak, Syria etc: https://www.gov.uk/g...stry-of-defence

Why not use the billions of GBP on domestic issues, rather than on interfering with other countries internal affairs, trying to make them democratic and failing miserably, while we have our military personnel coming back in metal coffins :(

Britain's economy is great in comparison with other countries in Europe or anywhere else in the world, but we still have a lot of internal issues, way more costly than "immigration" the way it is seen today.

How about the billions of GBP spent on the NHS IT system that failed? http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-24130684

I don't think anyone's about to applaud the Government for wasting money on anything, but that's what Governments (and plenty of other organisations) are like. It doesn't mean that the amount of wastage that being in the EU causes us shouldn't be debated, as this is one of the issues that affects the referendum.

We can't cap EU immigration. We can cap non-EU immigration. We could halve the net migration to this country overnight if we wanted to, but we don't want to do that.

Migration is a tiny, tiny fraction of the problems we have in this country. It's almost non-existent in terms of importance.

Even if immigration doubled next year (which it wont), you are looking at it going from 0.5% to 1% of total population - I find it quite bizarre that this is seen as such a huge issue, that we are willing to risk economic impacts which if they happen will take money from your pockets for the sake of a relatively small group of people coming into the country each year, many of which are well qualified and paying into the system.

You know very well why it's an issue, or you're playing dumb.

It's been spelt out over and over and over again why mass migration is an issue, not just by people opposed to immigration, but by people pro-immigration, but who see the need for control. Even by experts on migration that have no dog in the race.

The reason why you won't admit that it's an issue is because you know full well it can't be solved if we stay in an organisation that allows mass migration. When leaving that organisation means that we can, if we wish, stop it.

So you sit there and play it down as hard as you can, because you can't win the argument.

How many EU migrants came here last year, 280,000? So the equivelant of Newcastle Upon Tyne moving into the country each year. That's not tiny, not to the schools, hospitals, doctors and welfare system and certainly not to the British people that get told they can have an appointment in 3 weeks, lose school places to foreigners, find their communities transformed overnight, or can't find work because of the influx of competition.

It's a massive deal, huge.

Edited by Juggalo
  • Like 2

I wont argue with you Jug because clearly any argument will never make you look at it from any other perspective. For you this is massive, for others it isn't for all the many reasons outlined in detail previously.

• Like 1

Jug - so - if we have more migrants, more people working, more people paying taxes the government has more money, services should be scaled up. That's our fault (UK) not the people coming to the UK

And you still trust parliament to have 100% power... with Boris or Farage in the first term :thumbdown:

No thanks

If migrants are taking our jobs, then bigger shame on us for having the wealth of opportunities from school age and not taking advantage of them, people are interviewed and given jobs based on skill and likeability. If your not willing to be competitive in the job you do you might as well hang up your boots.

• Like 2

Is not like that nivelc!

My wife was due to return from maternity leave last week, but a senior VP called her to offer her another job in a different department, same company. Most important criteria was: you must be a bloody immigrant, preferably Eastern European (not going to say Romanian as people will think I'm being xenophobic). As she fitted the criteria (they didn't care about her knowledge and experience!) they've offered her £9k more than she was earning in the other department.

She's moving into the next job in 3 weeks, as her old department is trying to recruit somebody else to fill her old job.

/sarcasm over

• Like 3

I'm no fan of war but siting the cost of war as a wasted expenditure is a little difficult. you still have to pay your armed forces if they are at war or not. they still fire ammunition if they are at war or not, they still burn fuel and use resources. its an on going cost.

i do how ever agree about sending them in to conflicts we should never have been involved in as its a waste of life on both sides.

Jug - so - if we have more migrants, more people working, more people paying taxes the government has more money, services should be scaled up. That's our fault (UK) not the people coming to the UK

And you still trust parliament to have 100% power... with Boris or Farage in the first term :thumbdown:

No thanks

If migrants are taking our jobs, then bigger shame on us for having the wealth of opportunities from school age and not taking advantage of them, people are interviewed and given jobs based on skill and likeability. If your not willing to be competitive in the job you do you might as well hang up your boots.

That simple eh? You should definitely tell your MP, because they clealry haven't got a clue that 280,000 migrants per year can be taxed several billions per year to build new hospitals, equipment, staff, schools, equipment, staff, surgeries, equipment staff and pay them benefits too.

And with our infinite supply of jobs, we can just keep doing this forever!

Vote out. For the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vote stay for best of the best ;)

Vote remain to be sanctioned and punished. Question to you,

20 years ago did you have a vote to JOIN the EU in the first place?

More of a rhetorical question as NO you was not.

Vote out. For the best.

Also do you think you're getting the best out of your health service?

I don't think so.

We joined the EU nearly sixty years ago, so rhetorically no of course not (although at the time it was seen by the majority as a good thing as the UK was not performing well), but then again did you vote for us having two main competing political parties, did you vote for VAT to increase to 20%, did you vote for Wembley twin towers to be knocked down? You can't vote on everything, you vote in a party that you believe will best represent your views and needs.

What punishments are you referring to as to remaining in the EU?

Vote out. For the best.

I don't think so.

Leave campaign has already stated that this huge sum of money we will save when we leave will go towards the NHS, increasing annual spend by nearly 4%. Question back, do you believe this will make a significant difference to the health care you receive?

We joined the EU nearly sixty years ago, so rhetorically no of course not (although at the time it was seen by the majority as a good thing as the UK was not performing well), but then again did you vote for us having two main competing political parties, did you vote for VAT to increase to 20%, did you vote for Wembley twin towers to be knocked down? You can't vote on everything, you vote in a party that you believe will best represent your views and needs.

What punishments are you referring to as to remaining in the EU?

There are plenty if you've read and done research. Biggest one is farming. There is UK farmers throwing away produce as we import fruit, vegetables and milk from foreign countries. When do you go into your local Tesco or Sainsburys and see English produce on the shelves? Tomatoes from Spain, lamb from New Zealand.

If you're pro British you'll vote out to take back control of the 23rd June. )Boris borrowed my phone ;) )

Vote out. For the best.

I don't think so.

Leave campaign has already stated that this huge sum of money we will save when we leave will go towards the NHS, increasing annual spend by nearly 4%. Question back, do you believe this will make a significant difference to the health care you receive?

I believe the quality of the care with increase, the waiting times reduced, and the pure fact we won't have doctors or nurses striking is probably the biggest factor! If you look at the reports on Stafford hospital where there has been numours deaths I believe the funding will stop this.

A hospital is where you go to get better!

I work indirectly for Sainsbury's and am over at their head office in Holborn Circus regularly, I can tell you most of that post is not true at all and something that you might find in the Daily Mail (sorry).

So when you have control back, are you going to change the 10% of UK legislation that is dictated to us by the EU. (rhetorical question of course).

What else are you going to do with this control, excluding immigration caps?

Vote out. For the best.

I don't think so.

I believe the quality of the care with increase, the waiting times reduced, and the pure fact we won't have doctors or nurses striking is probably the biggest factor! If you look at the reports on Stafford hospital where there has been numours deaths I believe the funding will stop this.

Any sensible business person will tell you that a cash increase of 4% will not suddenly create huge changes in your business. 4% will not be sufficient to open dozens of hospitals and staff and spec them out, sorry, but thats just not going to happen.

Vote out. For the best.

I don't think so.

Any sensible business person will tell you that a cash increase of 4% will not suddenly create huge changes in your business. 4% will not be sufficient to open dozens of hospitals and staff and spec them out, sorry, but thats just not going to happen.

4% is better than 0% mate.

I can't wait for the bloody BREXIT to finish, so we can take back control and allow British farmers to grow all my favourite fruits: bananas, pineapple, watermelons, passion fruit, papaya, lychees, physalis, mango and walnuts.

Enough with the bloody foreign fruits and veggies!

Let's also ban Parmigianno, Camembert, Brie, Pecorino, Gouda and so on! Our Cathedral cheese is the best! We don't need their cheese here!

I think the weather will also be better if you come out the EU, must be the bloody bureaucrats in Brussels allocating us the shite weather every year, because they want more funds from us!

:lol:

• Like 1