The 'Coolest' 4x4 on the market?

jonty88

Inevitably as some of us get older, we look to change our rides for something more spacious. I personally will most likely look for a 4x4 in the next couple of years due to work, but as fellow fans of the Z im interested to here your opinions on your favourite 4x4 (if any)!

Il start off with one of my favourites: Toyota FJ Cruiser (rare in the UK and pretty cool IMO) 😆

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For an every day car, a Macan S would be my pick. For something that's truly special, the FF is on another planet.

If we're talking more sensible, then I still really like my 3.2L Ranger. Gearbox is a bit duff, but it's got a huge towing capacity and because there's no weight over the rear axle most of the time it makes slidey slidey time a cinch to start ;)

• Like 1

I cant help think that the FF is just a hot hatch when I see it Ekona 😂 but the Macan S is hot!

Always been a fan of the Pajero as well Bradders, my old Geography teacher at school had one, thought it was the don of the teachers car park ðŸ˜

Exactly. As good as the Defender was for it's intended purpose, there's an awful lot of stuff out there these days that will do 80% of the work with 200% more usability.

If you ever get the chance, go drive the Cayenne at the PEC in Silverstone. I had no idea just how bloody capable that thing is off-road, and the angles we were driving on were simply ridiculous!

Exactly. As good as the Defender was for it's intended purpose, there's an awful lot of stuff out there these days that will do 80% of the work with 200% more usability.

If you ever get the chance, go drive the Cayenne at the PEC in Silverstone. I had no idea just how bloody capable that thing is off-road, and the angles we were driving on were simply ridiculous!

Merc ML and GL are too, was mega impressed with them when I worked for MB.

For some odd reason, the older ML's have really grown on me! The higher specced versions can look quite mean on the road IMO.

Also i still love the 'controversial' box discovery. However our little evoque does the job more than well for what we need.

Merc ML and GL are too, was mega impressed with them when I worked for MB.

Copy cat

Maybe not the coolest but I have a 2015 Hyundai Tucson. Went for 4x4 version because I want/need a 4wd not something pretending to be a 4wd.

So far very happy with it. It looks good, well specced, and if you barter hard can be had quite cheaply. And economy (diesel) is very good indeed.

Looked at Evoque because they look good but interior space is rubbish. Like the look of Macan but too much money for something that I, or the kids, may wreck.

• Like 1

Some pretty good shouts being made here guys! Never even thought about Tesla. I think it would be a 'poncy school run' 4x4 ide end up getting as it would need to be practicle / comfortable, although on a recent trip in Canada I saw some mean looking high spec 5 door Jeep Wranglers, its truck city over in British Colombia!

Edited by jonty88

Also saw a super cool new gen RR Sport, midnight blue with black alloys in Chester at the weekend (typical Wag car though)

They're all WAG's cars really though, except for the one or two which aren't intended primarily for the school run :stir:

• Like 1

=1 for the Pajero here especially if you can get hold of the Evolution version, that's a serious piece of kit. I'm also a big fan of the VW Tourag and there's aV10 TDI too :teeth:

An evo pajero?! WHAT! Never knew there was such a specimen. My dad had an early Tourag when I was younger, it drove like a boat and sounded like a tractor, although a V10 would put that right! 😉