The 'Coolest' 4x4 on the market?

jonty88

This might be a little contentious. ......but don't buy a 4x4.

Unless you live in a field and own a horse

Buy a proper car!!!

Where I live most 4x4 are owned by school run mums. Total PITA when they clog up the roads in their RR evokes or X5's dropping little Jonny off at school or whatever

Humph

Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explain how they block the roads up, to say a normal Mondeo?

I'm sure this picture will offend you of my driveway lol (2 on the left aren't mine)

Let that anger build up lol

IMG_1817_zpsh6jsjfn5.jpg

For me the coolest 4x4 would have to be my 2004 lifted 4.0L Jeep Wrangler fitted with 33in tyres,

Which will soon be on the market as I'm looking at going the other way from 4x4 to a 370z.

post-28005-0-97421100-1456179237_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigfoot
  • Like 3

For me the coolest 4x4 would have to be my 2004 lifted 4.0L Jeep Wrangler fitted with 33in tyres,

Which will soon be on the market as I'm looking at going the other way from 4x4 to a 370z.

I do love the Wranglers, especially the newer shaped ones. Saw some just like yours in Canada but the LWB versions, just a shame they are so damn expensive!

I do love the Wranglers, especially the newer shaped ones. Saw some just like yours in Canada but the LWB versions, just a shame they are so damn expensive!

That would have been a TJU model you saw in Canada Jonty,

I've owned the newer shape it was a top of the range swb petrol version called a JK Rubicon on a 2009 plate and it leaked like a sieve when it rained, so i got rid of it and went back to an older TJ model.

All Wranglers hold there money really well even a 2007 diesel JK costs over £10k,

The downside is all JK'S since they were launched in 2007 have a 50/50 chance of leaking when it rains,

its a design fault on the door seals Jeep could never bother to rectify,

Hence why i won't be spending in the region of 20+k on another but instead looking at buying a 370z.

Edited by bigfoot

Nice Jeep B) I have a 2012 JK too

The downside is all JK'S since they were launched in 2007 have a 50/50 chance of leaking when it rains,

its a design fault on the door seals Jeep could never bother to rectify,

. . . and mine doe this too. Its been back to the garage a couple of times to get the leak fixed patched :lol: . . . seems ok at the minute. But I know as soon as I take the HT off and put it back . . it will start again round the doors.

Wow didnt know this at all! Thank you for sharing your experiences and I can certainly see why you went back to the older model. Even though they leak I still cant believe the prices of them!

The girlfriend likes the new Kia Sportage, not sure what to think on that.