The 'Coolest' 4x4 on the market?

jonty88

Am I allowed to say BMW X6

No. Unless you're Stevie Wonder.

Disagree. For me the appeal of a 4x4 is to be as obnoxious as possible, as in reality very few people actually need one. So Cayenne and X6 fit that brief perfectly. There's literally no point in either of them. Thats why i love them!

=1 for the Pajero here especially if you can get hold of the Evolution version, that's a serious piece of kit. I'm also a big fan of the VW Tourag and there's aV10 TDI too :teeth:

An evo pajero?! WHAT! Never knew there was such a specimen. My dad had an early Tourag when I was younger, it drove like a boat and sounded like a tractor, although a V10 would put that right! ������

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.autospeed...&A=3081����Read and weep :lol::D

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mitsubishi/shogun-pajero/mitsubishi-pajero-evolution-tiptronic/5220281?v=b

Oh jeeze you got me at it now :wacko:

Edited by Floydbax

Disagree. For me the appeal of a 4x4 is to be as obnoxious as possible, as in reality very few people actually need one. So Cayenne and X6 fit that brief perfectly. There's literally no point in either of them. Thats why i love them!

Trouble is, the current Cayenne is a good looking car. The new X6 is better, but still suffers from that stupid bootline.

Am I allowed to say BMW X6

No. Unless you're Stevie Wonder.

Obnoxious = 5.7 ltr V8 Jeep Commander with a custom built cat back straight through exhaust like mine. Love it's huge boxy aggressive style and very rare on uk roads, plenty of the little boys 3 ltr diesel versions, but the daddy is the V8 model. 0-60 in just over 7 secs, impressively smooth auto box and the first real mass produced 4x4 cars were jeeps, land rovers are just bad copies of the original :stir::p.

On the serious side though, GREAT cars and I've (touch wood) never had any issues with mine and comfy as anything I've ever sat in. Bought mine used on 56k miles and fully loaded with all the media and goodies. Cost the previous owner £55k new in 2006, I bought in 2013 for £8500 ....... bargain in my eyes and that V8 rumble is narvana. Spend a few bob on lowered stiffer springs and it completes the ride quality, oem is just too soft for uk roads

=1 for the Pajero here especially if you can get hold of the Evolution version, that's a serious piece of kit. I'm also a big fan of the VW Tourag and there's aV10 TDI too :teeth:

An evo pajero?! WHAT! Never knew there was such a specimen. My dad had an early Tourag when I was younger, it drove like a boat and sounded like a tractor, although a V10 would put that right! ������

http://www.autospeed...&A=3081����Read and weep :lol::D

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mitsubishi/shogun-pajero/mitsubishi-pajero-evolution-tiptronic/5220281?v=b

Oh jeeze you got me at it now :wacko:

Omg that Pajero is awesome!! Any idea on the price?? So cool 😉

Some great 4x4's being called out by you guys, if people start throwing pickups in the mix though there is going to be a serious list! Early Ford F150s are pretty cool, great v8 rumble

The G wagon has attitude but they are so expensive. I find it hard to tell also wether the ones I see are brand new or 20 years old 😆

I think every mainstream 4x4 has been mentioned now, kind of defeats the object!! Different perceptions of what's cool I guess!!

I mentioned 3, I wouldn't call any of them 'mainstream' they are all relatively rare and very good 4X4s that were cool when 1st introduced, haven't aged and are still (IMHO) cool now :) - That and I'm the coolest person I know with the coolest taste makes any of them a great choice. Then that and the fact that I don't give a flick what anyone else thinks :lol:

I thoroughly enjoyed my rental X3 x-drive V6 oil burner in Denmark/Norway/Sweden. Not pretty to look at but it was brilliant for the 2k miles I did by A road, B road, mountain pass and motorway. Fast enough (0-60 in 6s), economical enough (45mpg), spacious enough for two tyres in the boot plus my luggage and a nice place to sit and crunch miles and take in the scenery. Even in the fun sections it was a laugh, if a bit unpredictable on loose gravel at speed :scare:

image_zpsby0kh07v.jpg

And it went all the way to the Arctic on summers. Couldn't fault it apart from a lack of charm.

I thoroughly enjoyed my rental X3 x-drive V6 oil burner in Denmark/Norway/Sweden. Not pretty to look at but it was brilliant for the 2k miles I did by A road, B road, mountain pass and motorway. Fast enough (0-60 in 6s), economical enough (45mpg), spacious enough for two tyres in the boot plus my luggage and a nice place to sit and crunch miles and take in the scenery. Even in the fun sections it was a laugh, if a bit unpredictable on loose gravel at speed :scare:

image_zpsby0kh07v.jpg

And it went all the way to the Arctic on summers. Couldn't fault it apart from a lack of charm.

You see, to me that's cool. Its a shXbox BMW, it did everything that was asked of it, probably thrashed within an inch of it's life, ugly as sin and would you buy one? NO. please for F's sake NO. It's cool because it's a rental :lol: No sane person would part with hard earned cash for one of those for keeps :lol:

• Like 1

Remember guys, the fastest car out there is always a rental 😉

The Bowler is also another awesome 4x4 but I dont think the lack of fold flat seating would be of any use to me ðŸ˜

This might be a little contentious. ......but don't buy a 4x4.

Unless you live in a field and own a horse

Buy a proper car!!!

Where I live most 4x4 are owned by school run mums. Total PITA when they clog up the roads in their RR evokes or X5's dropping little Jonny off at school or whatever

Humph

Rant over

• Like 1