380Rs

Davectr

Ah didn't think it'd be long before someone spotted it at Jurgens. :-)

The 380RS is the rarest fairlady Z they ever built - 300 units to homologate the engine so the Z33 could race in GT300 series. It's basically a balls-out track car although this one hasn't been abused or modified at all :-)

Rick who trades under racecarparts on this forum helped me secure it - he can find virtually anything over there. :-)

• Like 7

Thanks Ceejay

I'm honestly not sure if it's the only one in the UK - but certainly the only one I know of after trawling uk forums.

There were rumour's of one being imported not long after the initial launch but if there was, it's a well kept secret or perhaps languishing in someone's private collection.

Car will be at as many shows as possible this spring \ summer for anyone wanting a look :-)

• Like 4

very very B) i do like a white motor

On a related note - expect to pay about £5k extra for a white one over any other colour regardless of mileage. For some reason the Japanese adore white cars and it shows when you're shopping for them...

• Like 1

Thanks Ceejay

I'm honestly not sure if it's the only one in the UK - but certainly the only one I know of after trawling uk forums.

There were rumour's of one being imported not long after the initial launch but if there was, it's a well kept secret or perhaps languishing in someone's private collection.

From a 2010 thread on this forum.

someone on NS had a genuine white one of these for a short while that he imported, back in like 2008/2009. Was gorgeous. He didnt keep it long, but worth a search for information for anyone interested.

Pete

very very B) i do like a white motor

On a related note - expect to pay about £5k extra for a white one over any other colour regardless of mileage. For some reason the Japanese adore white cars and it shows when you're shopping for them...

I believe it has something to do with purity in their culture (more so than here) and is their racing colour of choice, a lot like britsh racing green is to our motor racing heritage.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Not jealous at all B)

Are they any different engine wise to UK spec ones?

Easy answer is yes, although in truth, there were no Nismo's ever released in the UK. There were a handful of Nissan 350z GT editions that had optional nismo aero on them (v2 kit I think, someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and ran the standard VQHR engine with 3.5 Litre kicking out 313bhp

USA & Japanese "Version Nismo" edition cars came with the same 3.5L engine at 313 inclusive of nismo exhaust, suspension, dampers, fully welded chassis etc - all finished off at Autech.

The 380RS engine (VQ38HR) was developed for Super Taikyu series racing - it's the same VQHR block as the old nismo, but with lighter / stronger cranks cams etc. It's stroked to 3.8 over the original 3.5 and tuned to 400PS.

Because nissan did so well, they wanted to use the same engine in their GT300 cars so needed to build a certain number of road cars with the same engine to allow that to happen, In essence the 380RS is a homologation special.

The 380RS wasn't built at a Nissan plant & finished-off at Autech like the other Version Nismos were, they were all built at Nismo's Omori factory then tuned at Autech once assembled.

• Like 3