Made the purchase 350z HR 313

post-28104-0-58270700-1454575306_thumb.jpg

Hello

I picked this beauty up last Sunday. Very happy with it, its the GT pack with all the extras.

72000 miles

Full service history

Motordyne TDX2 exhaust system

Rear diffuser

Kept clean, had its P3 service a few months ago which is always nice to know I haven't got that expense so soon.

But, there is always a but, Id really appreciate any advise or ideas anyone can give me?

The car has been fitted with a Fidanza lightweight flywheel and a uprated high clamping clutch in 2014!

When I test drove the car it all drove beautifully. And driving it home on the motorway it was spot on.

At first I noticed a noise coming from the car when it was sat in neutral, parked with the clutch pedal fully out. It was a chattering noise, slight rattle, which I know can be common, would just like to know what causes this and if I need to worry about it in the near future.

On top of that after going for a good drive in it last night, giving it a bit of stick on the a roads from time to time, was out for a few hours with stopping a few times. The car was obviously quite warm and the clutch was put to work, but that's what its built for. From pulling away slowly and releasing the clutch slowly I get a grinding noise until the clutch pedal is fully out. To me it sounds like it could a knackered release bearing? Would anyone agree.

I also get quite a bit of transmission noise when generally moving along? Is this common? Or could this be part of my problem?

• Like 1

Just had a look on youtube and I get the same chatter as everyone else it seems, so that's all good.

I imagine the transmission noise I'm getting is not the gearbox and would be the flywheel again. What are the gearboxes like on the 350's? I know the s14 gearbox's were quite weak but they were made originally for Reps.

• Like 1

Lovely looking car looks great in black Its exactly the same as mine. HR313gt in black As for clutch noise , as you know by now it is normal for these. Just to add mine has just passed 10'000 miles and it chatters like crazy in neutral even with such a low mileage Also i did read a post somewhere about the 350z being thrashed and abused in the making of the fast and furious films and apparently the drivers of these cars reported that the 350z was pretty much impossible to break because the engine and gearbox were so strong

. Anyway congrats with your new car

• Like 1

Lovely looking car. I've got a black HR too. I spent the first few weeks stressing about my clutch. - The transmission noise and some grindy sensations when I pressed and released the pedal. Appears to be normal though.

Enjoy, they are awesome cars!

• Like 1