Just drove the new Mustang. V8 manual = love

Mikevv

Hey Dan, thought you hated it?, biggest disappointment etc, etc :lol:

Well, it's still far too quiet, but it's obviously one of those cars that's very colour-sensitive. Like I say, the orange is rubbish but the black looked lovely. :)

Hey Dan, thought you hated it?, biggest disappointment etc, etc :lol:

Well, it's still far too quiet, but it's obviously one of those cars that's very colour-sensitive. Like I say, the orange is rubbish but the black looked lovely. :)

Yeah, anyway, how olds your mum ;). I couldn't handle another black car, the OCD nearly broke me :)

Edited by The G Man

Well after some exciting maths and confusion, I worked out once I'm debt free I can officially afford one :)

My only issue is I can't seem to work out what's cheaper - getting a lower mileage limit and paying a fee for going over, or just getting the higher limit in the first place. I don't know what sort of mileage I will be doing but I'd estimate around 10k a year. I'm thinking of just getting the 9K limit at then paying the fee's for going over as and when it happens, what do you think?

My other issue is that I can only afford PCP , and the balloon figure at the end scares me - Can I refinance that? I won't be able to run and live with the mustang as well as having to safe up £15k or so in 3 years.

Anyone more familiar with PCP?

Ideally I only want to spend at most £350 a month on this , meaning around a £12,750 deposit to start with - so around £7500 from the Z when it sells and then save £5k or so in general.

Sounds doable, but I still owe £5k on the Z and another £3k or so on other debts around the house like fancy tvs and toys ;) Credit cars are a bad influence!

What do you think people? Can I have one by this time next year? a kickass (albeit late) new years resolution perhaps??

Forget it and keep the zed :)

I CAN'T!!! That V8 is intoxicating hahaha and the fact it's a brand new car, cheap maintenance ( relatively speaking of course, a 1.1 corsa is cheaper but no thank you sir! ) and warranty etc is just a bargain.

The fact I'm 21 and the insurance is cheaper than my 350z is just a bonus :D £140 a month is a bit steep but it comes down soon ish to around £75 for the Zed and nearer £80 for the 'Stang :teeth:

You not a fan of the mustang, or just thinking like a responsible adult?

My parents want me to buy a studio flat instead, which I can't afford lol :angry::bang:

Edited by Mikevv

Remember, you're only 21, you have the whole life ahead, don't rush into a decision that you might regret it later. Only buy what you can afford or stick to what you have. The depreciation will be serious on these cars, another factor to consider.

Your money, your life, your choice, but IMO, stick to the zed for now, clear your debts, buy a house / flat. The hype will be over in a a few days and you'll start thinking clearly again, ha ha.

• Like 2

You can change the mileage on a pcp contract i think up to 3 times as they appreciate you could change jobs nd drive more etc

Also

The balloon at the end some company's can refiance it best call up Ford and ask

The wait time is 10 months for a v8 so better put a deposit down now lol

Have you test drove a gtr?

You can change the mileage on a pcp contract i think up to 3 times as they appreciate you could change jobs nd drive more etc

Also

The balloon at the end some company's can refiance it best call up Ford and ask

The wait time is 10 months for a v8 so better put a deposit down now lol

Have you test drove a gtr?

Oh wow I didn't know that! I figured once it's set at a certain mileage that's the contract formed, so most people over estimate it to be safe.

I will call Ford some point during the week, thinking of just taking a loan, depends which is better APR etc

I was told the wait for a V8 is around that yes, but I can't commit just now, might be moving jobs soon and not sure on how fast I can save up £9k hahaha

I haven't driven a GTR no, they are out of my price range, and I can't afford to run one, but maybe one day ;)

Don't get into massive debt over a car, it's not worth it! Especially if you need to save for a house.

Rob a bank instead ;)

Pahaha the kind of houses for sale locally to me for £100k/mustang money I think I'd rather live in the car pahaha utter crap!!!

I do however own multiple shotguns and figure if I ask nicely they'll give me money? Just hope they don't ask for it back ;)

Although having said that, they might give me free housing and food for 10+ years!!! Haha

Remember, you're only 21, you have the whole life ahead, don't rush into a decision that you might regret it later. Only buy what you can afford or stick to what you have. The depreciation will be serious on these cars, another factor to consider.

Your money, your life, your choice, but IMO, stick to the zed for now, clear your debts, buy a house / flat. The hype will be over in a a few days and you'll start thinking clearly again, ha ha.

I can afford it quite comfortably, but not at the moment, so I'll still have about a year with the Zed I reckon ,without making my life hell to only pay bills and not go out etc :p

I plan on keeping the 'Stang for a damn long time, always dreamed of having one, just with the S550 it's not physically possible :D

I doubt the cars will lose money in the first 9 months or so, due to the short supply and huge demand, but look at the BMW 4 series, they didn't budge an inch for the first 3 months, and now they are cheap as chips!

My heads focused on clearing the debt at the moment, then depending on what the other half is doing with her life, house might be more possible and then that will be the better option.

Each to their own, but, the only way I could justify buying a new car is if I was in a position to comfortable loose the depreciation over however many years, regardless of whether the payments are affordable. In no way is it it going to be "cheap" motoring, if you sat down and worked out how much it will actually cost you and I am not talking about £350 per month, it would probably scare the sh*t out of you.

Lets say you keep it 5 years, £21k of payments, £12k of deposit gone and possibly a defecit on the balloon. It wouldn't be for me thats for sure.

Edited by Jetpilot

Each to their own, but, the only way I could justify buying a new car is if I was in a position to comfortable loose the depreciation over however many years, regardless of whether the payments are affordable. In no way is it it going to be "cheap" motoring, if you sat down and worked out how much it will actually cost you and I am not talking about £350 per month, it would probably scare the sh*t out of you.

Lets say you keep it 5 years, £21k of payments, £12k of deposit gone and possibly a defecit on the balloon. It wouldn't be for me thats for sure.

Well we have different definitions of cheap haha but I know what you're saying. The depreciation is a hard hit, but the fact it's quite a rare car/hard to get hold of should help keep prices quite high, I'm thinking they'll be similar to a 370z for resale to be honest.

Not too bothered to be honest, I know it's a lot of money but it's worth it in my eyes. We'll see anyway, it's a long way away ;)

Mate don't do just yet, get on the property ladder first IMO. As said previously after a few months it will just be the norm and not an excitement. At least with the property market you will be making money instead of pissing away a shed load on a depreciating asset. I was in the same position but decided to keep the zed and stay debt free now I have just bought my first place and can now look into getting something else. And getting into debt makes a massive difference on mortgage applications etc.

hes right you know... in the 4 years I've owned my flat it has increased in value so much I could now nearly afford to buy a new mustang outright (not that I would ever buy a new car due to depreciation!) wheras a car will almost always go down in value.

if you want a V8 do the sensible(!) thing and get a bmw 5 or 6 series, can pick them up for peanuts these days.

Edited by brillomaster
  • Like 1

Cripes, an SMG one! They're even rarer than the manual 'box, that's a great find! :D

Here's my take on everything, for what it's worth. The sensible thing to do is to get on the property ladder, as house prices and interest rates are only going one way from this point. It's NEVER going to be cheaper to get into the market now, and by doing so you set yourself up for life if you do it even vaguely sensibly.

That said, cars are a hobby, a passion. If you can afford it and know the downsides, then just do it as you're only young once. I spunked a fortune on cars before buying a decent sized house, but I wouldn't swap those memories for anything.

Im with Ekona on this although being of a mature age now my advice would be house first, car second. Stick with what you have and get yourself on that property ladder before it becomes unreachable.