Just drove the new Mustang. V8 manual = love

Mikevv

Why do you think I have a 4x4, plenty of room, seats recline, privacy glass...............need I say more ;)

Perhaps Linus can elaborate :teeth:

Perhaps you can elaborate????

as much as this is a bit of a chuckle ............... the topic thread is a v8 mustang ? :wacko:

PS

Ms Katz - you're heading for another title change :stir:

Look Mr Already Abusing Your Power Too Much.......watch your step, you're already in my bad books!!

Why do you think I have a 4x4, plenty of room, seats recline, privacy glass...............need I say more ;)

:lol:

What she is trying to say is she's actually the pope and this is her car :)

pope.jpg

Oohh, good save ;)

Back on topic.......I think OP should get the mustang, to hell with boring mortgages :)

• Like 1

Perhaps you can elaborate????

as much as this is a bit of a chuckle ............... the topic thread is a v8 mustang ? :wacko:

PS

Ms Katz - you're heading for another title change :stir:

Look Mr Already Abusing Your Power Too Much.......watch your step, you're already in my bad books!!

:lol:

What she is trying to say is she's actually the pope and this is her car :)

Oohh, good save ;)

Back on topic.......I think OP should get the mustang, to hell with boring mortgages :)

No, worries, we can't let our secret out to the riff raff ;)

I say, save the money and come back and review the idea in 6 months. It's a big commitment and one that's does not seem 100% wise or the OP is 100% sure about. A lot can change in 6 months and something else might take his fancy. Plus, 6 months of hookers, cocaine and booze will be fun ride :)

• Like 2

^^ Its no secret ;)

I get new car ownership, especially new models, kudos etc, but, only when you can afford to be the one doing his nut on depreciation. You will loose 20% as soon as you drive of the forecourt and i cant believe anyone who earns £16k would want to give away a third of his wages in one sitting with the rest to promptly follow.

Put the £350 a month away towards the deposit and by the time you have saved that up, you probably wont be too far away from owning one outright ;)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

^^ Its no secret ;)

I get new car ownership, especially new models, kudos etc, but, only when you can afford to be the one doing his nut on depreciation. You will loose 20% as soon as you drive of the forecourt and i cant believe anyone who earns £16k would want to give away a third of his wages in one sitting with the rest to promptly follow.

Put the £350 a month away towards the deposit and by the time you have saved that up, you probably wont be too far away from owning one outright ;)

I know, I can't believe someone took photos let alone release the video on the Internet. Paris Hilton's got nothing on our skills :lol:

• Like 2

^^ Its no secret ;)

I know, I can't believe someone took photos let alone release the video on the Internet. Paris Hilton's got nothing on our skills :lol:

I believe the camera was your idea, darling ;)

• Like 1

Absolutely crazy to buy a new car at your age on your wage and living at home . These sort of decisions will end up costing you so so much in the future imo.

Whoever thinks buying a house is not a good idea then I completely disagree ..... In the long run its a wise decision , as in the end you will be paying a lot less for a mortgage than you would in rent , and actually own something at the end . I do however agree house prices are utterly crazy at the moment .

If you can't afford the to buy the car outright then don't buy it would be my advice . Save and then but one in a years time for under 30k I reckon .

Just my opinion though .... But saving and not ticking up stuff has served me very well over the years .

• Like 2

Absolutely crazy to buy a new car at your age on your wage and living at home . These sort of decisions will end up costing you so so much in the future imo.

Whoever thinks buying a house is not a good idea then I completely disagree ..... In the long run its a wise decision , as in the end you will be paying a lot less for a mortgage than you would in rent , and actually own something at the end . I do however agree house prices are utterly crazy at the moment .

If you can't afford the to buy the car outright then don't buy it would be my advice . Save and then but one in a years time for under 30k I reckon .

Just my opinion though .... But saving and not ticking up stuff has served me very well over the years .

Plus one on all of that. ;)

I didn't want to sell my supercharged Zed last year but it was the right (sensible) thing to do. I now own my own spacious 3 bed semi with my Mrs, ...we're paying the mortgage together and it's a lot less than rent being charged in Cardiff for poxy 2 bed flats.

I hanker for a nice car again but for now I must make do with what I have & save for a nicer car in the future. Good things come to those who wait. :)

• Like 2

Where did your car end up GM,I've not seen it surface on the forum?

Tradelink and from there who knows? :shrug:

I kept checking on it and watched it sell for more money than I'd been asking for it on here (nature of the beast though) but obviously it's never surfaced on here.

I did leave forum "spotted cards" in various places in the car as well but either when it was valeted they found them all (threw them away) or the new owner is not the sort of person to join car forums. :glare: Either way I hope it's in good hands & being enjoyed. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Sounds doable, but I still owe £5k on the Z and another £3k or so on other debts around the house like fancy tvs and toys ;) Credit cars are a bad influence!

Forget houses etc, your already £8k in debt and now want to finance a £30k+ brand new car!!!

I know your young, but surely you must see the financial madness of what your proposing.

Effective your proposing to put your self close to £40K in debt for on a car at the age of 22, if the banks/credit companies have any morals/codes of practice they really should refuse to let you finance a £30k+ car.

We all learn/live by our mistakes, what ever you do please don't put anyone else down as a 'guarantor' on any credit/finance you try and pull off to get a Mustang.

Edited by gangzoom

Sounds doable, but I still owe £5k on the Z and another £3k or so on other debts around the house like fancy tvs and toys ;) Credit cars are a bad influence!

Forget houses etc, your already £8k in debt and now want to finance a £30k+ brand new car!!!

I know your young, but surely you must see the financial madness of what your proposing.

Effective your proposing to put your self close to £40K in debt for on a car at the age of 22, if the banks/credit companies have any morals/codes of practice they really should refuse to let you finance a £30k+ car.

We all learn/live by our mistakes, what ever you do please don't put anyone else down as a 'guarantor' on any credit/finance you try and pull off to get a Mustang.

Most of the loans are interest free so I can, god forbid I lose my job, hold out a while. I know what you're saying, I won't be looking to buy for another year or so while I pay all this crap off and watch the Used market of stangs. Thinking pick up a used one for <£28k and put down a big ass deposit like 10-12k and just enjoy it - unless me and the mrs get more serious and look into housing properly ( she goes to med school for 7 years in September )

I would get I house if I were you my mum and dad basically pestered me into getting a house (mortgage) as I said "why don't I stay with you guys for a few years so I can buy a gtr" hahah so in the long run they talked me out of it and got a house when 21 years old and settled with a 350z wile I save up for a gtr but to be honest im having too much fun with the 350z and don't see myself selling up. (best decision I made much cheaper than paying rent)

Also don't think I could ever pay a car up cause to me it will feel like its not mine so guess I will never own a new car lol

Put your finances into a property mate.If you don't do it now when you are young it will become unreachable for you in the future.Cars can come later in life.Well done Ppod for showing some maturity and making the right but tough decision.

Edited by Payco

I would get I house if I were you my mum and dad basically pestered me into getting a house (mortgage) as I said "why don't I stay with you guys for a few years so I can buy a gtr" hahah so in the long run they talked me out of it and got a house when 21 years old and settled with a 350z wile I save up for a gtr but to be honest im having too much fun with the 350z and don't see myself selling up. (best decision I made much cheaper than paying rent)

Also don't think I could ever pay a car up cause to me it will feel like its not mine so guess I will never own a new car lol

My issue is I'm too irrational/spontaneous hahaha. I SEE, I WANT. That's why I take loans haha. Hate waiting around for savings etc. Figured just borrow the money, have my toys now and pay them off slowly :)

I just can't get a mortgage alone on my @*!# wages, barely afford a shed, let alone a damned house. UK housing market is pathetic, if only I had a green card for the states. Houses are cheap, as is the fuel (albeit bad quality) and they have all the guns you can ever wish for.

Just gotta wait for my big bro to hurry his move up so I can get it ;)