Just drove the new Mustang. V8 manual = love

Mikevv

SOOOOOOOOO I'M EXCITED!!!!!!!

I just got back from a test drive at Eastleigh Ford in the new mustang. God I need one!

I only got a short 15 min spin or so, and couldn't hammer it, cause rain and a £2,500 excess!!!!

But wow, it's like a Zed on steroids. Lovely and comfortable with a nice tone to the exhaust/engine, yet lay into it a little and it's waves of torque and noises are fantastic!

Got a thumbs up and a honk from a trucker at the lights, made me feel good!

I don't have much else to say, I'm too excited haha but it was definitely an eye opener. Sorry but anyone going from a 350z for an upgrade to maybe a 370z or sub £40k car, please consider it!

The interior finish is a damn side better than pictures have lead me to believe, and there's something about it, it's special :)

Just PLEASE no 2.3 Ecoboost.

• Like 5

Photobucket isn't working right now :/

Ummm I saw Chris Harris' review and agree with the points he made. It is a big, fun, feel good car :)

I can't comment on the GTR as I personally haven't driven one, but you can't go wrong with either!

But wow, it's like a Zed on steroids. Lovely and comfortable with a nice tone to the exhaust/engine, yet lay into it a little and it's waves of torque and noises are fantastic!

We're currently in LA, and curising around in a Camero. Wanted to try a Mustang but these were all they had as a convertible at the hire car place.

Have to say the similarity with my old 350Z is remarkable. The noise, the slight reluctance to rev all the way to the red line, the lack of luggage space, the way the fuel gauge drops. It's even got a V6 that pumps out around 300bhp. I now see why the Z got comapred to these 'muscle' cars.

It's all good fun, especially when a Mustang, Charger pulls up at the lights and eveyone pretends they are in Fast & Furious....Than my wife reminds me she's 30 weeks pregnant :)

I bet the V8 Mustang must be some experience, but I'm a old man these days, fun for a bit but after a few miles much prefer the silent running of EVs to all this drama!!

24509437905_bf687146cf_z_d.jpg

Edited by gangzoom

I just got back from a test drive at Eastleigh Ford in the new mustang. God I need one!

I only got a short 15 min spin or so, and couldn't hammer it, cause rain and a £2,500 excess!!!!

I don't have much else to say, I'm too excited haha but it was definitely an eye opener. Sorry but anyone going from a 350z for an upgrade to maybe a 370z or sub £40k car, please consider it!

The interior finish is a damn side better than pictures have lead me to believe, and there's something about it, it's special :)

I drove the same one at Eastleigh. How did you leave without ordering! I couldn't do it. Got a Blue one on order for delivery in August/September. I'm so excited!

I drove the same one at Eastleigh. How did you leave without ordering! I couldn't do it. Got a Blue one on order for delivery in August/September. I'm so excited!

Cause I'm lacking in the funds department haha got too many other commitments going and I'm planning on leaving my job soon :)

But dear god it was tempting! That V8!!!

I found the brakes uncomfortably sensitive, what about you?

Cause I'm lacking in the funds department haha got too many other commitments going and I'm planning on leaving my job soon :)

But dear god it was tempting! That V8!!!

I found the brakes uncomfortably sensitive, what about you?

Yeah exactly the same. Heel toe will be hard with it, especially at the go peddle is a lot lower than the brake.

It's official, Dan has the coolest mum ............ EVER :)

Cooler than me.......no way, not possible lol Only the other week, someone at work said I'm the coolest person they'd ever met. Must have been their first time out in public haha :D

Haha you have another title linked to the world mum ;)

Edited by Linus27

I'll let you know how it is as a daily on or around the 23 April ;)

Hey Dan, thought you hated it?, biggest disappointment etc, etc :lol:

Your mum is cool though if that's a fact on what she drives :), any chance she would want to meet up? :lol: