Just drove the new Mustang. V8 manual = love

Mikevv

I bought a brand new mk2 3.2 v6 tt when they first came out in 2007, 14 months later i sold it and I lost 11 grand on it. Still makes me feel sick thinking about it, never again. It's boring but buy a house the car can come later on.

A few wealthy mates have done scarey amounts on cars and even though they can afford it, it still smarts, £30k on a R8 with 1500 miles on the clock, £40k on a bentley flying spur and that was 2nd hand, £20k on a Boxster to highlight a few.

I bought a brand new mk2 3.2 v6 tt when they first came out in 2007, 14 months later i sold it and I lost 11 grand on it. Still makes me feel sick thinking about it, never again. It's boring but buy a house the car can come later on.

A few wealthy mates have done scarey amounts on cars and even though they can afford it, it still smarts, £30k on a R8 with 1500 miles on the clock, £40k on a bentley flying spur and that was 2nd hand, £20k on a Boxster to highlight a few.

Unfortunately I'm not wealthy :lol: I don't know why I did it really, I suppose I just wanted to own a brand new car just once. Turned out it was a pile of sh1t too but that's another story :lol:

I never have owned a new car but did own a new bike, Kawasaki ZX7R, but at £7.5k it didnt seem too bad :)

Great bikes I've had a few zx7rs, first brand new bike I ever bought was a gsxr1000 k8 and someone ran me over whilst I was on it after only a few months.

I never have owned a new car but did own a new bike, Kawasaki ZX7R, but at £7.5k it didnt seem too bad :)

Great bikes I've had a few zx7rs, first brand new bike I ever bought was a gsxr1000 k8 and someone ran me over whilst I was on it after only a few months.

Ouch :( Were you ok?

Nothing wrong with that at your age dude imho, but, however cool you think it will be to own one, all kudos points will be lost when your parking it on mum and dads drive ; )

I can solve your problem for a fraction of the cost, get a decent exhaust for your zed, they sound awesome with the right system.

Hahaha I'll park it in the living room! Don't need a tv for entertainment, just let the V8 idle ;)

But tbh the Zed to me doesn't do it in the sound department. It's fairly good, but nothing matches an American V8 - Especially the LSx variety from GM

Listen to your elders, we all have twice your age :cry:, so we're supposed to be wiser :lol:

You say this, today my dad has driven his company car through a small stream but by doing so the engine has cut out and cannot be started... he's due a new car ( lease ) on Friday... Not looking good for him haha. PLEB!

or just be happy with the car you've got! most guys your age have to make do with a 1.2 corsa - the only reason you can afford the insurance on a zed is because you aren't yet paying any rent, food or bills.

if you get a V8 when you're 21 then where do you go from there? V12 by the time you're 25? I suspect it'll be more likely at some point you'll have to downgrade, which nobody every likes doing.

then again, if you are able to live with mum and dad, why not spunk £400 a month on a flash car for 3 years, then give it back when the deal ends? you'll be no better off than you are now, but you'll be no worse off either.

Most people my age don't research costs of things... they call up one insurance company for a 1.2 @*!# box and then accept that is the norm. My first car was a 2003 318i - nice car, boring as hell to drive, but cheap to insure surprisingly - £1600 for an 18 year old with no experience or NCB lol a 1.1- 1.4 @*!# box was only about £200 a year cheaper and I wasn't willing to drive any of those - Again I paid the price for that, but was actually £100 a month more than what I'm paying now for the Z, and I was on higher wages but had more tax and expenses like fuel to deal with - A tank 14 work days or so.

So my logic is, I've done it before, and I can do it again :D Like you say, why not, while I can.

Just gotta wait it out and be patient for once...

No one is saying you cant afford it, but spending a couple of hundred extra on insurance is nothing to buying a car twice your income. What happens if you loose your job after a year or two, you wont be able to make the payments, you will have a car worth less than the settlement figure, sure fire way to getting in debt and bad credit rating very very quickly, so mum and dads is where you might be for a very long time.

I am not saying a v6 does sound better than a v8, but have you heard any 350, in the flesh, with a decent exhaust?

or just be happy with the car you've got! most guys your age have to make do with a 1.2 corsa - the only reason you can afford the insurance on a zed is because you aren't yet paying any rent, food or bills.

if you get a V8 when you're 21 then where do you go from there? V12 by the time you're 25? I suspect it'll be more likely at some point you'll have to downgrade, which nobody every likes doing.

then again, if you are able to live with mum and dad, why not spunk £400 a month on a flash car for 3 years, then give it back when the deal ends? you'll be no better off than you are now, but you'll be no worse off either.

Most people my age don't research costs of things... they call up one insurance company for a 1.2 @*!# box and then accept that is the norm. My first car was a 2003 318i - nice car, boring as hell to drive, but cheap to insure surprisingly - £1600 for an 18 year old with no experience or NCB lol a 1.1- 1.4 @*!# box was only about £200 a year cheaper and I wasn't willing to drive any of those - Again I paid the price for that, but was actually £100 a month more than what I'm paying now for the Z, and I was on higher wages but had more tax and expenses like fuel to deal with - A tank 14 work days or so.

So my logic is, I've done it before, and I can do it again :D Like you say, why not, while I can.

You shouldn't just accept that price as the norm ;), £700 to insure the Zed and I'm 21 too :D

You shouldn't just accept that price as the norm ;), £700 to insure the Zed and I'm 21 too :D

When I get my 2nd year of NCB it'll be around that too, also there's a lot of variables to insurance :/

Yeah I'm only kidding mate, but just to throw in my 2p as a fellow youngster - don't get the car YET, get in a house then when the mustang prices tumble you can pick one up cheap...buy one now and you'll probably be living at home till you're 25+ and no one wants that! "Is that your dads mustang?"

A lad your age and having a Mrs, it's no fun having to say "ssshhh my folks are asleep in there".

Get the flat keep the zed and get a sex swing ;)

Pahaha brilliant! At least you didn't suggest car sex! Never going to happen in one of my cars!

A lad your age and having a Mrs, it's no fun having to say "ssshhh my folks are asleep in there".

Get the flat keep the zed and get a sex swing ;)

Pahaha brilliant! At least you didn't suggest car sex! Never going to happen in one of my cars!

It's ok with leather seats ;)