Fireworks disaster!!!

Paul K

So last night my neighbours decided to have a firework party

So when I woke up this morning I was presented with this

post-27038-144759014381_thumb.jpg

And this

post-27038-144759016173_thumb.jpg

All of our cars ( my Zed, the family Jag and sons fiesta) covered in a nasty rusty ash

Haven't done the full polish. Just a good was and dry off and it's seemed to have mostly done the job

However on closer inspection it's left little marks similar to bird poop or water marks all over the car

Hopefully a good clay, Polish and wax in a couple of weeks should sort it

So beware of fireworks going off!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paul K

That sucks. One of biggest fears I have is a rocket (firework variety :lol: ) falling on the car and denting it - especially when you see the size of some of them :scare:

Yep same here. :surrender:

I have a garage with a corrugated metal roof and after fireworks night last weekend I found a 3.5ft long stick on it from a rocket. :scare: If that had hit my car roof it definitely would have caused some damage. :thumbdown:

I think it was one of them multi shot cake things. But because it was quite windy last night they weren't reaching their full height so exploding at just above roof level covering most of the surrounding cars in corrosive crap.

It is amazing that you can send up soemthing the size of a washing up liquid bottle attached to a garden cane and let it fall on people property.

About 3 years ago on bonfire night I found a Chinese Lantern no more than 50 yards from my house :scare:. There's been a couple of incidents in Flintshire, a farmers barn burnt down and one landed on a house 2 miles away that caused some light fire damage.

Pete

It is amazing that you can send up soemthing the size of a washing up liquid bottle attached to a garden cane and let it fall on people property.

About 3 years ago on bonfire night I found a Chinese Lantern no more than 50 yards from my house :scare:. There's been a couple of incidents in Flintshire, a farmers barn burnt down and one landed on a house 2 miles away that caused some light fire damage.

Pete

Have those things not been banned now, I could understand a few years ago thinking those things are safe but with all the publicity nowadays anyone who sends one up should be prosecuted, so dangerous.

Pete

Have those things not been banned now, I could understand a few years ago thinking those things are safe but with all the publicity nowadays anyone who sends one up should be prosecuted, so dangerous.

They won't get banned until a few people lose their lives I'm afraid. Here's what they can do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-23123549

Pete

When people can walk round the countryside loosing off firearms, fly 10KG of drone about without any prior training or drive 3 tonnes of car at 70mph whereveer they like its probably not that bad relatively speaking ;)

When I first got the Zed I had the unfortunate bad timing to drive through a local bon fire event with fire works, one scudded my roof so when I got to my mates we both jumped out in the dark with torches to see but luckily not a bit of damage. Hope you get it cleaned up ok!

• 11 months later...

Soooo. After last years firework incident and having spent a good deal of time today cleaning and waxing. My one concession for the year is I have put the car cover on !!! No firework crud on the car tonight!

Its not on really is it. When people are allowed to let off fireworks the size of mortar shells, and no care where they come down or what damage they do. I say organised displays only, and they should carry insurance to cover damages. On second thoughts do what Guy Fawkes attempted.

I like welsh cakes.

One behind my house is an organised one happens every year and new year also, they carry insurance and when one landed on my zed few years back they said they "couldn't prove it was theirs and they carry all the serial numbers for there fireworks"...I said that was great but when the firework exploded it blew up where the serial number was so how am I ever supposed to prove where it came from?? my tough luck apparently :wacko: