look what a firework done!

jumping350

Ouch :console:

My gut tells me you'll never get anything out of them, and it'll probably be less hassle just to suck it up and re-do the vinyl. Trying to prove that it was their fireworks that did it will be next to impossible; who's to say you didn't just drop a fag on it?

DB

i found the firework and have taken a picture of it before i picked it up its also got red plastic broken of it which some of which is in the vinyl roof have i got more of case now?? put you off vinyl?? why?? if i didnt have vinyl that would be my roof paint!!!!

I would've thought if it was paint/clear coat/wax you'd probably have a little mark that could be polished out. BTW, when they say "things in place", you would've thought that they'd need pretty hefty insurance (to cover public liability etc), while the guys dealing with it may sound nice they'll probably pass it to the insurance company who may or may not be as useful.

If it was a bit of firework, its gonna be hard to prove it was them and not there for 2 years and u decide now u can blame someone. One of those crap situations mate. Worth a go and say, if its not went into paint work (which vinyl probably stopped), just get 60quid for more vinyl.

yeah i was angry earlier may not have made much sense, i have the whole firework its pretty intact looked like the end just exploded on the roof! can see who manufactured them and where they are from and the barcode who knows may be able to trace were it came from...they said they cant control the wind and where things go so they have insurance in place to cover damage within certain distance of the event

i know what everyones saying just suck it up which i probably will do but just seems ridiculous my car gets damaged and no one compensates i didnt ask them to put a display behind my house or for them to damage my car!! dean looks like im heading up again soon :lol:

Edited by jumping350

It seems theres alot of "no one compensating" going around. My mate just wrote off his megane r26 because the axle fell off.... bought from official volvo garage 2nd hand and hes been blamed for it. Unless you have a higher authority, nothing ever gets done :(

But yeah, if you get some vinyl pop round and ill give you a hand :) Hexis or 3m this time yeah :p

Given the good fortune of having the firework remanents including the bar code, I reckon you might well have a very case to make a successful claim.

They will (and certainly if the event was Council sanctioned) be required to have PI in place for 'x' milions - and given this last year:

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2012-10-20/man-charged-over-motorway-deaths/

Go for it :thumbs:

thanks they just popped round and said it 'maybe' one of theres they wanted to take the firework away and check, i said hell no, told them to bring there list back another day and can check the numbers against it in front of me ...someone will ring me tommorow about it, least its a start

Yeah go for it, I would push it as far as you can, clearly you are not guessing its a firework and its clear the ruddy thing came down and was burning as it hit the roof. Vinyl isn't like paper, it takes a fair amount of effort to punch a hole like that through. If you got the firework and photographic evidence then usually a council is covered for it, not like someone launching one out a milk bottle in their back garden.

You are just down in Surrey somewhere aren't you? I have some time on my hands if you need an extra pair of hands recovering the roof let me know, done some wrapping myself so have some idea and how it all works.

thanks coldel might take you up on that will see what vinyl i end up with maybe can take a trip up to see dean... :lol: your brother must of been impressed dip did it cost a lot to fix??

I wish i had a garage!! seem to have more incidents when im no were near the car then in it driving!!

• 4 years later...

As we wait again to learn the injury numbers caused by Firework Night.. was once only on fifth of November... it is long past time that the private sale of fireworks and their detonation is confined to organised events with a government license. The whole experience is surely mainly for kids so safety must be paramount. There are many fields still in this country at least quarter of a mile away from houses. Commiserations to all who have suffered damage to cars.

• Like 1