Why are zeds so cheap?

SherlockH

Don't know if I should of posted in spotted on eBay thread, but Jesus can't believe how cheap there going and with so little miles, was just having a casual nosey on eBay to see if I could see any bargains and came across these, all I can think of is people are real tight on cash for Christmas but that cheap wow

05 GT4 = £4700

08 HR = £6000

Don't know if these are false advertisements but I just don't understand why the zed sells for so little money

Dont think the 08 HR at 6000 is a legit price. Ive checked them this week as I always want to know if mine has gone down in value or not. Theres a couple that look far to good to be true, then at the other end you have dealers pricing them at around 12,000. A 2008 HR with low miles is still at least 10,000+

Edited by jonty88

Surely these false adverts are devaluing our cars more though ?

How so, most people searching will know the prices and will realise its a scam, so it wont affect genuine adverts.

I really dont think viewing for sale ads is any indication of pricing, until you are actually standing in front of the car looking at condition or selling a car and see what people are offering or paying its as good as guess work.

There are a load of scam adverts for Zeds at the moment, I was scammed 6 months ago where I thought I was paying a holding deposit and turned out they piggybacked a legit company website and stole the money. Luckily my bank refunded me the money. Due diligence all the way!

I got my '04 plate with GT Pack for £3800.

OK it's high mileage (127k) from commuting on the M3 every day for the past 5 years but the only issue was a wheel bearing needed replacing. Cost me just over £200 to replace. Apart from that the old girl seems solid and touch wood, everything works!

There are some bargains out there, finding them seems to be the challenge!

• Like 1

I dont know about 08's but I personally wouldnt pay more than 5K for a DE engined car these days, but then Im not really fussed about miles or service history. If that GT4 is on 100K+ miles then its perfectly feasible, if the 08 is Cat C or has 120K mile then its not a stretch by any means.

At the end of the day they are impractical, difficult to mod (for power at least), dont have the cult following that Supras and Civics do, theyre a bit thirsty and have had 3 facelifts/new versions supercede them as well. When you consider how similar a DE is to an HR then Im with Ekona, the older cars are a bargain rather than cheap.

Id imagine they will do an S2K/200SX and drop down to £2500/3K at the bottom end before coming back up to about £5K, the roadsters will be a bit more as theres less competition but any 350 with decent miles on it is going to suffer in value.

When I was looking there was very little for less than £6k that didn't have excessive miles, cat d/c or was in ropey condition - either crap paintwork, lack of history, worn brakes, the stuff that if you cared you would get done rather than think 'aah I can still drive it'

Ultimately you get what you pay for and if you're happy buying a performance car with 125k on the clock and no history then go for it and you'll pay less but you'll be paying less for a reason

Yeah, You see a cheap looking one and its usually been ruined with some dodgy mods, is an import, high mileage, automatic or Cad C/D, decent UK GT's with sensible miles seem to still attract high prices, not sure what they sell for though.

I think, if you want something that isnt in the list above, entry level is six grand for most offered.

Wondering what mine is worth, will advertise it when I have accrued enough (non spamming) posts :)