Car Sales at Junction 17

gumpy000

I personally have had no dealings with them so cannot comment on them but they have been mentioned of in a few threads on here before. Two to get you started...

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/95950-junction-17-cars-peterborough-a-review-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/89155-junction-17-nottingham-questionable-gearbox-comments/

:thumbs:

As long as you get EVERYTHING in writing and aren't afraid of a battle including court when things go wrong, I'd buy from them. The consumer has a hell of a lot of power these days, it's just that most fail to get the correct evidence or follow the correct procedures that allows J17 to allegedly get away with the things they do.

I bought mine from them about 12 months ago, personally have no issues with them, probably didn't get a great deal on the car, but that was my fault for being impatient and trading in an undesirable wagon.

As for after sales, I had the standard leaky boot vent seals, they replaced both no problem (admittedly they're only cheap parts). They left me the keys to prod and poke around the car for as long as I wanted, test drive again left me to it with my old man so I could have been out for hours if I wanted.

They clearly have a bad rep and people do have bad experience s but as long as you go in with a clear mind of what you want, get things in writting as ekona says if there's anything you're not sure about. I'd happily use them again....waits to get shot down :D

Unless you are Superman (x-ray vision, super hearing) or somewhat similar......get everything documented.....might want to record your conversation too........then go for it. Else walk away as there are plenty more out there. Having said that, you should be careful anyway when buying B)

the sales service might be poor, but no reason to believe all their Zeds are poor examples.

id rather buy a good car from a poor trader, than a crappy car from a good trader.

david

My point exactly.

Traders no matter how crap don't go out looking for bad cars to sell.

Provided you assume zero after sales service or protection (which in fact Dan has pointed out you have a legal right to) you'll be going in with your eyes open.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the title and went "here we go..." haha. Only ever heard reviews about them but they all seem to be bad, but people are right every dealer can be crap so when buying from a non-manufacture or big brand dealer, take someone with you and know what you need to do and find out. When I got my Z from Lotus Newcastle they were just a small garage and I got the usual 3 month warranty. Drove up thinking...ahh Lotus..big name... dealership looked a bit of a shed despite having some Ferrari's and Bentleys haha, but they were nice and helpful enough. Everytime you see Junction 17 the cars are polished to the hilt and flashy showroom type pics, DB9's, Z's etc the lot, just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover... in this case...they look good but absoloutely SUCK lol. :lol: :lol: Keep looking I think... Despite all dealers having 'risks' theres enough on this forum to pass them by... certainly not 'one off' bad reviews anyway!

I wonder if there aware of us and this view haha

Edited by AMT

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my 2010 370z from Junction 17 back in February & I had no problems with them whatsoever. The car has performed well & proved itself to be reliable on a 3,000 mile trip around France & Germany during June & July. I had a problem with the cover over the dashboard storage pod & they paid for a replacement without question. I don't know whether or not the complaints about Junction 17 were in relation to Nottingham or Peterborough, but my experience with Nottingham was only ever positive.

Taff I would assume as you were buying a 4yr old, low mileage car not long out of its warranty period that minimised your exposure/risk to their "aftersales" treatment which is where the majority of the issues are raised.

Edited by Sargara

That is true Sargara, but I can only speak from personal experience which was of their Nottingham dealership. It would be interesting to know if the poor aftersales service relates solely to one of their dealerships or whether or not it permeates throughout the whole company. There is obviously a problem which they need to take on board & rectify or eventually it will catch them out. I wonder if customers whom have bought other makes of car from them have also had bad experiences.

I don't think its right to say that it's ok to buy from them as long as you are ok with no aftersales back up. The reason people tend to buy from dealers - and pay inflated prices is due to purchasing peace of mind that if it should go wrong, you will be provided with a service that assists you putting it right. What other reason is there to pay the extra and then not expect something in return. It would be like buying an insurance policy that you could never make a claim on. J17 advertise a lot of Zeds, all of which are far more expensive than at most other places (or were earlier this year when I was looking to buy) and if you get nothing extra for the increase in price, why go there?