Replaced Nismo seats....very happy!

sipar69

When I dropped off my Black Edition 18 months ago and picked up the Nismo I loved the new car but instantly realised I was going to miss the Black Edition's interior. The Mk1 Nismo seats aren't bad, but I never really felt they did the car justice (presumbly Nissan felt the same since they upgraded them for the MK2).

Well......................problem solved. I now have my favourite Z interior in my favourite Z. :teeth:

Massive thanks to Adrian (Octet) for bringing them over and fitting them for me. I'm over the moon with the result - I really feel this completes the look of the car and the colour works really well with the red accents on the Nismo. :)

DSC00153_zpsh3fwgk9g.jpg

DSC00152_zpsms3bydlh.jpg

DSC00154_zpsxsamkju3.jpg

DSC00155_zpskdtujs4p.jpg

• Like 9

Yeah, they look amazing, definitely the best Zed seats of all time and suit the car amazingly well. So I guess the question is, what happened to the Nismo seats? :teeth:

Hi Damian :)

Thanks - I'm v happy with them.

Adrian took the Nismo seats and door cards to put in his 370, which he's returned to stock and has sold.

The MkI Nismo seats aren't very good. They're designed for 400lb Americans and have minimal bolstering as a result, making those 2G corners pretty challenging. The MkII Recaros are much better although they're also thinner too and less comfortable over long journeys (apparently). I think the red seats and door cards look fantastic so well done with the upgrade Sipar. I'd also like to change the sh*tty silver plastics in teh cabin with the MkII dark plastic inserts, looks less Argos Hi-Fi circa 1994...

• Like 1

The MkI Nismo seats aren't very good. They're designed for 400lb Americans and have minimal bolstering as a result, making those 2G corners pretty challenging. The MkII Recaros are much better although they're also thinner too and less comfortable over long journeys (apparently). I think the red seats and door cards look fantastic so well done with the upgrade Sipar. I'd also like to change the sh*tty silver plastics in teh cabin with the MkII dark plastic inserts, looks less Argos Hi-Fi circa 1994...

Cheers fella. I hear you re the plastics. :)

Sorry mate, those "stock" seats are awful in a Nismo, IMHO. Nice colour and all that, but they just don't suit. The Mk1 seats are fantastic on a long journey (2+ hours), the 'stocks' are pretty uncomfortable on longer journeys (my mrs always complained, although I could stick it out a bit longer).

You would have been cheaper keeping your black edition and just adding the body kit (although all the suspension goodies would have been lost)

As long as your happy, that's all that counts.

The Recaros in the Mk2 look the part, but other than track use, possibly, are a fairly cosmetic, more uncomfortable solution.

Just my honest opinion, hope you return it to what it was like when you come to move it on.

Did you retrofit the heated element?, switches etc? One thing that I initially missed, but not at all now, was the heated seats (no need, obviously with the cloth)

Sorry mate, those "stock" seats are awful in a Nismo, IMHO. Nice colour and all that, but they just don't suit. The Mk1 seats are fantastic on a long journey (2+ hours), the 'stocks' are pretty uncomfortable on longer journeys (my mrs always complained, although I could stick it out a bit longer).

You would have been cheaper keeping your black edition and just adding the body kit (although all the suspension goodies would have been lost)

The Recaros in the Mk2 look the part, but other than track use, possibly, are a fairly cosmetic, more uncomfortable solution.

Just my honest opinion, hope you return it to what it was like when you come to move it on.

Did you retrofit the heated element?, switches etc? One thing that I initially missed, but not at all now, was the heated seats (no need, obviously with the cloth)

Thanks for your thoughts G Man - obviously I don't agree, but we all have an opinion. :)

According to Adrian it should be easy to fit some switches for the heated seats as all the connectors are there. Doubt I'll bother though as I very rarely used them on the previous Z.

I definitely won't be returning to the cloth seats when I sell the car - I think the seats will be a selling point for most people.

• Like 2

Thanks for your thoughts G Man - obviously I don't agree, but we all have an opinion. :)

According to Adrian it should be easy to fit some switches for the heated seats as all the connectors are there. Doubt I'll bother though as I very rarely used them on the previous Z.

I definitely won't be returning to the cloth seats when I sell the car - I think the seats will be a selling point for most people.

It would be for me! those cloth nismo seats don't do it for me

• Like 1