Replaced Nismo seats....very happy!

sipar69

Sorry mate, those "stock" seats are awful in a Nismo, IMHO. Nice colour and all that, but they just don't suit. The Mk1 seats are fantastic on a long journey (2+ hours), the 'stocks' are pretty uncomfortable on longer journeys (my mrs always complained, although I could stick it out a bit longer).

You would have been cheaper keeping your black edition and just adding the body kit (although all the suspension goodies would have been lost)

As long as your happy, that's all that counts.

The Recaros in the Mk2 look the part, but other than track use, possibly, are a fairly cosmetic, more uncomfortable solution.

Just my honest opinion, hope you return it to what it was like when you come to move it on.

Did you retrofit the heated element?, switches etc? One thing that I initially missed, but not at all now, was the heated seats (no need, obviously with the cloth)

The MkI cloth number are comfortable (spent 6 hours a day in them for seven days during the last Eurotrip) but they don't exactly offer much support for track work. They should have simply added a "variable pinch" mechanism for the bolsters.

Sorry mate, those "stock" seats are awful in a Nismo, IMHO. Nice colour and all that, but they just don't suit. The Mk1 seats are fantastic on a long journey (2+ hours), the 'stocks' are pretty uncomfortable on longer journeys (my mrs always complained, although I could stick it out a bit longer).

You would have been cheaper keeping your black edition and just adding the body kit (although all the suspension goodies would have been lost)

As long as your happy, that's all that counts.

The Recaros in the Mk2 look the part, but other than track use, possibly, are a fairly cosmetic, more uncomfortable solution.

Just my honest opinion, hope you return it to what it was like when you come to move it on.

Did you retrofit the heated element?, switches etc? One thing that I initially missed, but not at all now, was the heated seats (no need, obviously with the cloth)

The MkI cloth number are comfortable (spent 6 hours a day in them for seven days during the last Eurotrip) but they don't exactly offer much support for track work. They should have simply added a "variable pinch" mechanism for the bolsters.

To be honest I struggle to see much if any difference in shape between them and the Black Edition seats. I just like the look and materials of the latter. :)

That red interior is awful, Nismo this, Nismo that, Nismo is amazing. Seriously? :|

40th Anniversary edition red interior should have been standard on the Mk1. You pay £6k more, you get £6k less by buying the Nismo!?

It looks and feels so much better how it is now, Simon! Enjoy your car!

Edited by octet@TORQEN
  • Like 2

I agree, big improvement. The original seats were a big dissapointing for me when I got in the car.

That looks great sipar. I must admit I was tempted for the roadster but those seats don't have the cooling option,

Enjoy

Cheers Will. I did get a reminder when we were out yesterday that the leather/alcantara isn't ideal for a really hot day, but that's more than compensated for by the pleasure I get from the way they look.

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback and cheers again Adrian for sorting the fitting. Much appreciated. :)

• Like 2

I agree, big improvement. The original seats were a big dissapointing for me when I got in the car.

That looks great sipar. I must admit I was tempted for the roadster but those seats don't have the cooling option,

Enjoy

Don't think the red seats would have looked right in Rosie.....