Civic type R

Zeezeebaba

Went to see this yesterday and really didn't like it at all.

The chassis looks really long, theres loads of plastic looking tat stuck all over the front bumper/wings, and all in all the car looked and felt really large while sitting in it.

There's no question about the quality of the interior, it was a really nice place to be. Not £32k for a Honda nice though.

Saw this briefly yesterday in the showroom. My mate is a Honda fan hence the trip lol

Was never going to be a good looking car, the normal civic is ugly. No bodykit good or bad is going to change that

Wasn't a big fan of the FN2. The EP3 was miles nicer than both of them

Why does a FWD car need such a BGW ?

It could be that in order to dial out any understeer problems (like the FN2 suffered) they have modded the suspension components in such a way that on higher speed corners the car may now actually be susceptible to oversteer, ...so in order to regain grip on the rear for the high speed corners they have added the wing.

This may help explain what I mean...

Or it could be "because race car" :shrug::D

Love the comment on adding bits of plastic everywhere. Just like the bumper lips and various other body kitted cars like the .....oh I don't know, the Z maybe :)

I'm not a fan of the rear overhang and agree the concept rear end looked better. The comment on the black car is valid as the added bits are technically body coloured so blend in better overall.

My old EP3 looked like a van to be fair but I loved it all the same. The thing that sways me here is as follows:

1, It will be reliable

2, It will satiate my desire for a bit of power

3, The interior is a nice place to be

4, My children won't keep moaning we always have to go out in mummy's car

5, I'm going through a mid life crisis

6, The other half will be fooled into thinking I've become all practical again and I might score enough brownie points overall to get some long overdue leg over :)

• Like 2

I think the Civic Type R's have improved their looks massively over the years.

Albeit they are not really my thing looks wise, I have done masses of Track Days in them, properly planted, very little roll and work extremely well when driven high on the Rev's. A good fun, reliable car. More power top end wouldn't go a miss though !!! :lol:

Just had a look at the pictures on the previous posts, striking looking thing but not for me. It's a bit... all over the place (but again hot hatches usually 'do' this look). The back of it looks very 'high' and not sporty lol. However if one decides to chase me in the future (which they will certainly likely do...) I don't think I'll try my luck lol

My bro just had his test drive said it was nice and quick

Was quickly turned off when they offerd hum 6.5 k for his 2010 with 30 thousand on it lol

For his 2010 CTR or a Zed? Either way that's p**s poor offer especially with that little mileage on it. :dry:

Should be quick with the power to weight ratio it's got (222Bhp per tonne ~ weighs in at 1378kg apparently). When Top Gear had it & did some tests although Honda claim a 0-60mph of 5.7 Top Gear managed 5.3 secs. B)

Source: http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/honda/civic-type-r/20-vtec-turbo-type-r-gt/first-drive

Are there any decent deals on the new CTR then, or are they all the typical 50% deposit with £xxxpcm? Toyato/Subaru suffer the issue of having unattractive finance deals which hampers 2nd hand supply, I hope this doesn't have the same problem.

Did anyone read this month's banzai they had a road test of one and they loved it, I no its not exactly an oil painting to look at but I think its betta looking than a lime green focus rs but they seem popular

I'm going to book a test and see what all the fuss is about ...why not

If you do go for a test drive and can take a GoPro or similar with you that would be cool. B)

Be good to get an unbiased persons view on it and not to mention that you are used to powerful cars so you're unlikely to over exaggerate performance. ;)

Not for me I'm afraid, the only thing going for it is the power. There was a white one written off two days ago. Many will love it though, although they never turn out as sleek as off the drawing board or the Prototype. :)

Edited by veilside z

That really is a design shambles. Did the guys designing the front not speak to the guys designing the back? Or were they having a competition to see who could fit the most angles on the car?

Have to agree. I want to like it, but there's just too much going on, too many angles etc.