Civic type R

Zeezeebaba

Well then as a big Honda fan I popped down to the dealers today to ask when my test drive could be scheduled. They only had one in the showroom and no drives scheduled until after the launch event. But I did manage to poke around it quite a bit as the salesman was the same guy who sold me my old EP3 13 years ago.

In the flesh it looks awesome aside from the rear overhang that does look a little awkward. The interior fit and finish is top drawer and rivals any premium make. There are various carbon goodies as options if that's your bag both inside and out.

The seats are great with plenty of support but getting in and out past the bolster is similar to the Z and requires the same technique :)

The pedal travel seems longer than the FN2 but they are spaced nicely and as expected the gearbox is slick. The rear spoiler follows the top edge of the window and doesn't affect visbility but the same issue as the FN2 is there with regards the central blind spot.

The underside of the car is completely flat and shielded, this will add to labour time for repairs if needed and aftermarket tuners will have their work cut out designing exhaust systems of a larger diameter than the standard pipes.

The only other thing that annoys is the aftermarket looking spats on the rear flanks.

Otherwise I'm sold on this car especially the four door practicality of it. Can't wait to drive it!

The rear spats and overhang look a bit cack but up as far as the back doors they look pretty good IMO. Lovely inside though.I will reserve ultimate judgement until after the drive though, then if it's any good I will put dibs on the demonstrator as I did last time round. There's no way I'm going to pay full whack on one :)

I've still got plans for the Z so plenty of time there's no rush.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

That really is a design shambles. Did the guys designing the front not speak to the guys designing the back? Or were they having a competition to see who could fit the most angles on the car?

Sorry, are you suggesting someone has designed either the front or the rear end at all? Intentionally? It just looks to me like someone's taken a parts catalogue and thrown it all together to me. Still, that seat looks good at least.

Having said that, Civics never were pretty cars. :lol:

I prefer the JDM rear end though.

Any pictures of that?

I actually prefer the concept one I saw in pictures...

Honda_Civic_Type_R_Concept_kjII.jpg

8C948FE8-2FF9-4EC6-8ABA-00D012C998CE.jpg?itok=6IaphU3I

Still the new CTR looks good in black though imo, ...or possibly the blue or silver versions.

tumblr_nq6riaV8db1r6hpqno1_500.jpg

Looks much sleeker dose the blue one

• Like 1

That really is a design shambles. Did the guys designing the front not speak to the guys designing the back? Or were they having a competition to see who could fit the most angles on the car?

Sorry, are you suggesting someone has designed either the front or the rear end at all? Intentionally? It just looks to me like someone's taken a parts catalogue and thrown it all together to me. Still, that seat looks good at least.

Having said that, Civics never were pretty cars. :lol:

Hey, I was trying to be polite :lol:

Tbh, I think it's a nice thing that they let the care in the community experience kids have a go at designing these things.

• Like 1

I done a trackday on monday in the new R

And with the professional driver doing 120mph in the corners with no body roll, oversteer or understeer

The car was planted!!! The professional driver knew what he was doing

FTFY

• Like 1

It's not that bad, I'm not a ready-modified look fan generally, but at least it's not a sweepy generic affair like the sea of other new cars out there, plus you probably want your Type-R to be a bit rude boy or you'd be buying a [insert german low range model & marque here].

Edited by SuperStu