Jump to content

Willsy1980

Members
  • Posts

    1,042
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Willsy1980

  1. Indirect necrophilia....
  2. I think the light is low oil pressure as opposed to low oil level. If you see the light it's usually game over, as you have found out. Probably spun the rod/main/crank bearings at a guess, if it's knocking with the revs it's most likely the rod bearings. Some can be done from the bottom with the engine in. But if the shrapnel has been pumped round, or is visible in the oil when drained then a full build or replace is the only way. Feel for you either way
  3. What was the oil level like when it popped ?
  4. Nope ! Removed Because I bought it !!! Woohoo Im picking it up from his Indian contact in Somalia next week, he works for Microsoft so I know I can trust him.
  5. http://www.softtophoods.co.uk/ Miton is the guys name, charged me £845 for this red mohair Cheers, mine is ready for doing. Job 1 on the summer list
  6. 2 Questions: Price and Contact details please
  7. Probably 'gone up' due to the recent demand
  8. All in good time Olly, all in good time í ¾í´“ In other words, will be starting it from 1st of next month, so when it comes to renewal in future years I will have been paid again after Christmas ready to fork out for the insurance and tax all in one go í ½í±í ¼í¿¼ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Just tax it for 6 months, then put 12 on it and move that cost to summer
  9. I'd say no to the black box on the grounds that it is a modification to the OEM spec and would put the price up Seriously though, one girl at work has one and she was limited to 4000 miles a year or it was an extra 300 quid. Im with Ekona on the paranoid side too, I will not be subject to even more big brother state than im already forced into. I'd rather pay 3 times what I do in insurance than be tracked and graded on how, when and where I drive.
  10. Double post
  11. Personally, i'd go with Admiral out of those. Don't get a black box either, yeah you save 300 but the restrictions will ruin Z ownership. Also, I see 4 years driving but only 1 yrs no claims ? Have you had a claim ? If so that will be the issue on prices as those are double the going rate.
  12. I would think the thicker oil would make what can be a notchy box when cold, remain notchy a little longer than usual. I'd go with the recommended oil and add the molyslip. There are a few traders on here who can supply both.
  13. I think the Fiat driver was quite tolerable, would have ended slightly different if it were my car...
  14. I know TDi North sort of work with/for you guys, will they reflect the price change ?
  15. Unless the figures for McLaren are just the amount of failed Kers units Jenson had last season and it's a tax dodge of some sort
  16. Haha, well mine is called Kylie. After the great little Aussie treat of course. What better than whipping the top off and getting to work on that arse end action
  17. Agree with the above, from the write up sounds good and if it is as good as it looks then yeah great car. But realistically it's 10k tops.
  18. Wow, how do McLaren even survive selling only 18 cars a year ?
  19. No not done anything yet, but there is a possibility that they may cause the engine to run rich if faulty. I just don't want it to start running lean or miss firing and the noise is bloody annoying. If they are prone to fail again quite quick, the next question is, can they both be removed and replaced with a variable pressure regulator ?
  20. Should be fine from what I was told. All it does is trick the throttle position sensor making it more responsive.
  21. Hi all, My fuel damper has started ticking/throbbing, its an audible tack, tack, tack kind of noise. It's the one at the back under the Plenum. Now the questions: Do I need to replace it ? Is it a major issue waiting to happen ? How much are they ? Thanks in advance
  22. Not that it makes any difference, Nissan quoted me for the Platinum plugs (they are the recommended type) when I inquired about a Nissan P3 at the dealers fyi £260 plus the plugs
  23. Fingers crossed i'm wrong, but have always wondered if the constant heating and cooling of the cast aluminium would be an issue, could always have been a flaw in the cast that was never detected. Good luck with the tests
  24. If you look closely, around the top of the bolthole. It looks like the plenum is cracked, that could cause a capillary action and allow the oil to seep up and out. If you take that off, be prepared to replace it as torquing it down could finish it off.
  25. Order a non painted brushed finish, rough it up with some 400's wet and dry, etch prime it, prime it and then paint gloss black with a rattle can (or ultra careful with a fine brush set) Once dry, dremmel out the lettering and paint your colour of choice
×
×
  • Create New...