Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Almost believed you for a second.
  2. So today I did a bit of an "un-mod". The previous owner had stuck on some carbon fibre B pillar covers which although didn't look that bad some water had got under the lacquer so the weave had began to come apart. I've put up with it for a long time now so finally decided it was time for them to come off. Little did I know how much of a ball ache this would be but it came good in the end. Before. After. Took about 5 minutes each side with a hairdryer and some gentle pulling to peel the covers off. Then came the hard bit which was removing all the glue used to fit them which took about 40 minutes per side. I heated up the glue which was left on & gently rolled as much of it off as I could with my fingers. Then I used a combination of WD40 & intensive tar remover to get the rest of it off. Looked better afterwards but still not perfect so using my Megs 3 step paint work repair kit with carnauba wax as the last step finally got it back to a gleaming black colour. Very happy with the result but I now have about 7 blisters on my fingers so that's a nuisance although totally worth it.
  3. That's bl**dy impressive Nutter.
  4. Welcome aboard. Your Zed looks great but as others have said make sure you use Super Unleaded fuel.
  5. Before my time but welcome back.
  6. Hi PiGFoetus, I like archery although don't really do it a lot and nor am I a member at any clubs but I do have my own compound bow setup. I'm shooting a Bear Charge compound bow using a Jim Fletcher .44 caliper release aid. The bow has a Trophy Ridge whisker biscuit, Trophy Ridge Cypher 3 sight with added sight light. Don't have many arrows for it though, in fact I only have 6 but they are very decent. The arrows I had made up for me are Easton carbon fibre power flight arrows which so far have served me well. If you need to buy any archery gear I'd highly recommend Merlin Archery as I got all my stuff from them and the service was first class. Link: http://www.merlinarchery.co.uk/ I just use my setup in my garage which is a little short range but at least I'm able to get good groupings.
  7. Just give them a head start to make it fair. Re: the squealing brakes ~ my DS2500 pads don't make any noise so if you think it's those hopefully yours should subside in time.
  8. Have a good trip and enjoy the Autobahn.
  9. Very nice.
  10. Great shot.
  11. Good guy Chris is.
  12. Don't tell me you haven't seen "The Silence of the lambs" Ian?
  13. ^^ No wonder you're jealous Andy, ...that's a shed & not a garage.
  14. GMballistic

    GT-Four

    If it was me I'd keep it looking as it is. Much nicer like that imo although lowering it would obviously be a winner as long as it doesn't interfere with how it handles/drives daily in a negative way.
  15. ^^ Much better.
  16. Do you like Ferrari's by chance Nige? Nice bit of usable space there.
  17. It may have been the pace/backup car if it was an organised event , hence the camera looking backward It was a learner vehicle just parked up on the side of the road ZEUS. Source: http://cars.aol.co.uk/2015/06/04/video-dimwitted-cyclist-rides-into-back-of-parked-learner-drive/
  18. Happy Birthday both.
  19. We've all seen those "road racer" type cyclists about. You know the ones dressed head to toe in lycra with Sky sponsored decals all over their shirts etc treating the road as if it's part of the "Tour De France". Well this guy below shows just how much attention some of them pay whilst trying to beat their PB's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=27&v=9OrKLGEOVRA Luckily he wasn't hurt but I'm sure his embarrassment level was through the roof.
  20. You probably know this already but try Clark Motorsport or the Cougar Store as I know both have supplied them in the last year or two. Otherwise some people have got them from main dealers for fairly reasonable prices, ...well compared to most dealer parts the price is reasonable anyway.
  21. Very nice bit of kit going on your Zed there. Kudos to the lads for helping your out too.
  22. Looks great Bobby.
  23. Sure he'll sort you out. Edit: see there he is.
×
×
  • Create New...