Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Exhaust looks great. Good luck with the hood fix.
  2. Nice plate and in the future if you want it to look even newer then you could always upgrade to the Nissan LED rear tail lights ~ available from Clark Motorsport for around £295 the pair I believe. Will make a lot of difference to the look especially at night.
  3. I'd try Clark Motorsport: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/207-clark-motorsport/ They give a very good service & I'm sure Ewen will sort you out in no time.
  4. Welcome aboard. £6K should see you in a 350Z easily enough. Plenty of early models available in that price range although they will tend to be higher mileage, imports, non-GT models & some auto box examples. Don't let the higher mileage examples worry you too much though providing it has a FSH and has been maintained according to the service schedule these engines are good to go well beyond 100K miles. Service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/ Buyers guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/ Guide for new members/potential owners: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/ Zeds for sale on here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/
  5. I think the fan shroud is slotted in at the bottom and held in place by two 10mm bolts at the top. It should just be a case of unplugging the electrical connection clip at the bottom (you may have to remove the under tray to get at the plug though), remove the two 10mm bolts (either side) and then just pull it up out of the engine bay away from the radiator. The only problem I can foresee is that the top radiator pipe will get in the way and I'm not sure if you'll be able to manipulate the fan shroud past that without removing it which would obviously mean draining the coolant or at least losing some. Found this on a US forum: http://my350z.com/fo...ooling-fan.html And this one: http://my350z.com/fo...t-from-top.html By the look of the two above threads I found you will definitely have to remove that top radiator pipe & possibly more.
  6. I know but that's why I said "if that's your thing". Plenty of people sporting "Nismo" badges/stickers on cars with absolutely nothing to do with Nismo not to mention all the other branded badges/stickers people daub all over the cars. nothing on my car that it aint Didn't say there was (nor was it implied).
  7. I know but that's why I said "if that's your thing". Plenty of people sporting "Nismo" badges/stickers on cars with absolutely nothing to do with Nismo not to mention all the other branded badges/stickers people daub all over the cars.
  8. They do look nice but I hate this stick Nismo on anything and suddenly it's worth double malarky. Personally I'd just buy some Rota GTR's and stick a Nismo sticker on them or get Nismo engraved on them if that's your thing. Bound to be cheaper and look the same... Edit: Not that I'm against Nismo, ...just the design is nothing new from what I can tell.
  9. Lovely Cats & kittens Pete. Get some more pics when you can ~ sure they'll start exploring the house soon.
  10. As his Zed is already turbo charged Pritchard he'll be after a low-compression Cosworth block (8.8:1) ~ as for the stroker kit again that will need to be low-compression but you can also choose the bore size too with it.
  11. Pfftt looks ok I guess. Look forward to more pictures and welcome aboard.
  12. Yes it is weird. Do what makes you happy and makes sense to you though.
  13. Always funny seeing the "under dog" winning. Public roads though, naughty naughty but still.
  14. Happy Birthday Lyndzzz.
  15. Quads can look ok, ...but I think triple in the centre would look bad imo. Each to their own though.
  16. ^^ Hadn't heard that one before.
  17. Good to see some more progress going on.
  18. Yes I did see that thread, ...can't help though so didn't bother commenting. Hopefully Wasso or someone will know. I'm sure that you are going to love the Zed even more once you get all this kit you've bought fitted. It'll be even more rewarding for you as you've waited so long. Hope all goes well bud.
  19. Are you gonna get this lot fitted now or what?!
  20. Most have covered it all but re; the EML light. It will come on no doubt with De-Cats and I wouldn't advise you to just ignore it as although it will be caused by the O2 sensors at first if you just ignore it then it could be masking other problems that may come up. Some people use the O2 spacers which are around £12 each from Clark Motorsport which in most cases will work to stop the EML coming on but some have found that they don't work with their cars for whatever reason so not a 100% guaranteed fix although for £24 it's worth a shot. The only sure fire way to stop the EML from coming on is an UpRev as the mapper will be able to "work" around the secondary O2 spacers stopping them from causing you any issues as I believe they just switch them off. Fyi ~ you will love the sound if you're after more noise.
  21. Happy Birthday both.
  22. Love that picture of your Zed DARE. Fantastic looking car.
  23. Welcome aboard.
  24. Brilliant, ...proper shock setting in there. Hope everyone has a great time.
×
×
  • Create New...