Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Its is just a single 'beep' or is it a 'beep...............beep...............beep' or a 'beepbeepbeepbeepbeep'?
  2. My Dremmel is about 15 or 16 years old,and still going strong, and it's had a lot of heavy use. Whats the right model to get Chris? I've been reading through are there are tonnes!
  3. I'm really looking forward to this - I love the Lakes......and I love Zeds
  4. Sounds very droplinky
  5. Ricey

    timing chain

    A quick searchy suggests not - unless anyone knows better?
  6. Quick update on the strut - wire wheel drill bit = paint stripped in less than an hour Draper Redline multi-tool - broke in 5 mins and was so powerful you could actually stop it with your fingers. Halfords multi-tool = broke in 5 mins - burnt out..........back to the shop it goes. Basically for anyone who was wondering - a Dremel is expensive but basically isn't going to fall to bits the first time you use it Strut end bits have been rubbed down, primed, Ford Panther Black base coat, Purple Flip over coat. I'll take the strut through the various sanding grades tomorrow then get laquering!
  7. £35 for pop charger, scorpion zorst (on Zed) and engine piggyback chip on my lancer
  8. Do you have an extraordinarily large nose that hits the horn as you get in the seat? Never heard it in our car - is it an import doing a weird importy type thing? Sometimes they like to beep at you to remind about putting the belt on.
  9. +1 Each to their own chaps but I have to say I think your stone cold mad as a shithouse rat if you don't literally want to copulate with that car!!!!!!!!!! Stunning and how much fun is it going to be fettling with it to get it back to pristine - sooooooooooooo jealous. In fact.........how much is my Lancer worth if I sold it?
  10. Admiral are really good because you can be relatively vague with what you have done. We stuck a zorst, pop charger (on the Zed) and an ECU piggyback chip (on my car) for about £35
  11. Zed paint is really thin - make sure he uses a mirconimeterythingymabob to check the paint depth if you do let him loose.
  12. Make sure you inspect the bits that "weren't in the accident" as well. If this guy is as much of a chump as you reckon then other area's might be affected. It doesn't take much to write a car off these days so you might get lucky. RAC inspection is a definite and if I was you I'd go a step further and take it to your local trusty mech (if you have one) - slip him a few quid and as him for a proper expert opinion.
  13. And a sound clip of the 8
  14. Don't be too concerned about the exhaust Phil. It's prob just a cheaper stainless one.....they can bit a bit tricky to hang straight. We're only mentioning it so you know. I'd see it as a bonus personally and just have it tweaked so it hangs a bit straighter. If it is aftermarket don't forget to declare it on the insurance.
  15. oh dear....thats going to cause some back lash and about a fellow sunset ex owner. Do the crime.........pay the time. I have.................10 times in 11 years of driving
  16. Thats the joy of nuclear. One fuel load could last 20 years no problem. Same with power stations (which it basically is). No need to carry extra fuel. Just a shame about the radioactive ooze that it produces that takes a squillion years to decontaminate! Maybe they could enlist your help Andy and create a wind turbine powered aircraft carrier
  17. It crashed like Matt Bowey trying to exit a round about.
  18. My only advice is to take the RE040 off.......fill it with petrol and then set fire to it
  19. Holy thread revival!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rather than start a new thread I'll revive and query..................may sound like a stupid question but why do you need petrol resistant lacquer? Appreciate that its in the engine bay but there shouldn't really be petrol flying round the place should there? From what I've ready the petrol based stuff is a beggar to use? The sanding flap drill bit is making short work of the paint on mine
  20. I really do myself no favors do it!
  21. As expected funny as hell but not as good as the first. Well worth a watch though. Nice car that Chow drives too - is it one of those mental Lexus'ususess?
  22. HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Pay me £100 and I'll personally paint myself Blue, come round your house and act it out! You've no chance mate - ebays a pretty good barometer of how available things are.........in this case its telling you they're like rocking horse muck.
  23. +1 didn't see the link before my first post. That zorst is pi**ed up - doesn't look stock either? Neither are necessarily a big deal (just take it to you local friendly garage to sort it).......if it is aftermarket you will need to declare it to the insurance. Stock looks like this - note the length of the pipe compared to yours. This is longer and looks to be full stainless
  24. If its any consolation I reckon the worst noise would be the sound of your own testicle popping after being stamped on
×
×
  • Create New...