Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Just watched Ed China trying to do it on Wheeler Dealers and he made a right bollox of it!
  2. Ah now - watch this DJ..............this is how someone will get properly flamed
  3. ahem.......not getting on your back lad because like I said before - you don't appear to be in the 'mongtard catagory' of ill advised threads........however - how exactly is kicking your back end out in a segment called 'laying rubber in 3rd and 4th' not silly driving on a public road? People have been fairly cool on you in this thread when you look how some people get flamed - no one has taken offence at it - just a few friendly pointers that posting a vid of intentionally driving like that on what looks to the naked eye like a public road, with your plate exposed could reflect badly on you and the forum. Even if it is only you and your mate at risk............so what!! None of us particularly want to see you being scraped off off the windscreen after you 'lay some rubber' into a tree!
  4. Bang! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D1-SPEC-WHEEL-NUT ... 2421wt_905
  5. I think the ABS sensor would be a good place to start - 2 cars I viewed when we were looking for a car had this problem. SpursMadDave had a similar problem too I think. If its had a whack too then I'd definitely have it checked out.
  6. To be honest mate if people didn't know you and think that you were sound, you'd have been flayed back into the stone age - its fairly obvious you weren't doing it to be a cretin but more for your own protection its good that you've taken it off.........you hear all these stories of people getting prosecuted over all sorts of things that they film then post on the internet. .......Spursmaddave is still on parole for his infamous 'soapy frog' video that he put on http://www.bigboysinboots.com
  7. Our seats are in good nick anyway but Gliptone really spruced them up.
  8. The last section looks very much like the Vauxhall plant in Ellesmere Port, may well be private?? Pete Fairly sure the tailslide off the round about is on a public road though
  9. I opted for the handtighten with a twiddle of wrench to finish off but cheers anyway. Sounds like its similar to the one I've got - I purchased a lovely one from Halfords for £70 but it only covers 40nms to 200nms........bagged up a smaller one from B&Q for £30 and it snapped the head off a bolt on my test run in the shed (I definitely had it set right and it simply would not work).
  10. PM on way For anyone else interested, the current price on the 350z Nismo exhaust is £1350 delivered. approx 2 week lead time I like that - having your prices out in the open.
  11. HAHA I was just thinking that! Especially given that a number of our forum work for the police Entertaining though - kind of "Fast and the Furious 9 - Surbiton Drift"
  12. Such a busy boy matey,but worth it. Looking good. Another piece of useless info :- Rustins 'Strip It' works on cellulose paint (as well as all others). Cheers Chris - I was on the verge of pm'ing you before to see if I could borrow a torque wrench as that B&Q piece of turd doesn't work.
  13. Thats exactly it mate - I had a ruck of new tools and as I went along spraying the engine plastics things kept cropping up - OEM strut, which then made the plenum look crap. I could definitely of done it better but considering I had the stress of having to dismantle part of the engine I think I did pretty well. The fricking torque wrench could of spelt utter disaster though - its so lucky I checked it before using it. In the end I just hand tightened all round then gave it a quarter turn with a normal bar just to nip. Took it out and ragged the arse out of it to ensure it was fully tested - drove like a dream and has a nice shiny clean throttle body too!
  14. I've basically forced myself to improve and try to take more time. My drill even stopped working halfway through so I stripped it down and fixed it! Edit** AND I cleaned the throttle body! ......something is wrong with the world! To be honest it wasn't my first choice (I thought candy green) but it does actually complement the Bronze quite well in the flesh. Piccies don't really do the flip much justice. We will indeed my mate.
  15. Actually after using orbital bits on the plenum I would tend to agree! I am mate - would of preferred to get it perfect but I think 2 solid weeks working on tarting up under the hood is enough! Looks better than it did anyways.
  16. Seriously guys for £15 these are a seriously decent looking little bit of kit when you get them - they're not your half made, blotchy ebay crap.
  17. The Velstatis shares the same engine but I don't think its French built.
  18. Actually I think some of those pics are out of sync - those close ups at the autosol stage are from way back - I've eradicated all of the orange peel.
  19. Anything would cause less damage than a wire wheel........I had to sand it through all of the stages twice because it was still so scratched after the first going over!
  20. Purchased with Orange in mind and I've already spent the debt of a small banana republic on paint and sanding crap!
  21. Finished.......so........tired............can't speak. Quick point though - you all with think this is quite good (I hope) but it really isn't perfect........can I just say - Buy one from Tarmac..........it simply is not worth your time, energy and effort. This cost a fortune in sanding pads, sandpaper, wet and try, polishing compounds, autosol, polishing pads (not counting all the tools I had to buy to do it). Its fairly rewarding but its hard to keep your eye on the quality of your work after 8 hours of sanding........Androo makes good points - you gouge one little bit and it'll be an unholy beggar to get it back to smooth again. I also averted a disaster by testing my torque wrench in the shed on a 'test bolt'......set to 5nms - snapped the head off it. Which brings me onto another point - we might all joke about Halfrauds, Hellfords, Halfords but I have to say the quality of their kit is so much better than other places. The torque wrench from Halfords - a thing of beauty (but the wrong NM range), Torque wrench from B&Q - a lump of turd that would of either cracked my plenum or stripped the head off the bolt. I think this is the correct running order for the stages (check post above for the initial de-burring stage). 240 grit 400 grit 600 grit 800 grit 1200 grit Missed the 1500 and 2000 it was in a right mess and couldn't use the camera as I used water to help the process Autosol and polishing wheel drill bit (2 times) G3 scratch thingamy and another autosol......not perfect but I was simply too tired by this point Lambs wool polishing bonnet on the drill and wiped down with white spirit The aftermath! See this thread for the fitted pics viewtopic.php?f=26&t=49628
  22. Ok so we decided as a forum that the Orange was fricking hideous. So Carla made the call on Purple. I purchased some Ford Velvet Purple, Purple Passion (flip paint - Purple to Green), Ford Panther Black Metallic (as a base coat for the Battery/Brake Fluid cover surrounds) and some clear lacquer. Sanded the bits I'd previously sprayed back down properly this time so the paint was properly keyed and its given a much smoother finish. Also Took the Plenum off and polished it - see viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50059&start=45 And the OEM strut brace - see viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50299 So here's the finished article.
  23. Husky dog as done this previously and unfortunately for him I've stolen his idea and finished it before he had chance too! Basically stripped the paint off using a wire drill wheel - really scratches the feck out of the steel so find a better way if possible - I've not been able to get all the scratches out. Then sand with 80 grit, 120, 180 (I think), 240, 400, 600, 800, 1200, 1500, 2000, autosol, white spirit, water, dry THROUGHLY (This is bare steel!) Cleaned the transport wax and crap off the end bits with Cellulose Thinners then keyed the paint with wet and dry. Sprayed end bits with panther black metallic, purple flip and finally lacquer (mask the strut off with some kitchen towel and duck tape) Here it is (see it fitted here - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=49628&start=45) ]
  24. Happy do-dar
×
×
  • Create New...