Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Carla just said the best she's heard someone say to their missus is.. 'no that dress doens't make you look fat.........its your fat that makes you look fat'
  2. Never been on a track to be honest so not sure of the etiquette but I thought the whole point of a track day was so you can trash the nuts out of it in a controlled environment!? Some great snaps mate!
  3. +1 I could never quite understand the point of driving a car with 2.5 liter performance and 5 liter V8 fuel consumption.........then again me and the 8 didn't get on at all. Test drive the Zed mate........you'll never look back.
  4. Well tonight I topped my own 'Final Destination Moment' (meaning inviting death to come and collect you in a comical and amusing fashion) by cutting the conifers (that I'd let get totally out of control) by climbing on the shed roof, lobbing the hedge cutter on to the top of the 15 ft high hedge and walking/wriggling across it scything chunks out of the top with the hedge cutter in one hand. So very nearly an epic fail but turned as an epic win This got me thinking........who's done the most dangerous bit of DIY bodgery?
  5. I've started doing the 'sitting in there on your own' thing in shifts with Anders now. Sometimes I log in and leave him a load of abuse or sing him a little song safe in the knowledge that he'll be logging on at some point that night
  6. Just buy some shiny bolts from Focus like I did! They don't all have to be colour coded
  7. Sure 1. Choptop 2.Gball1973 3. Mr Paulie 4. Neily 5. Jayzed 6. The G Man 7. Lexx 8. Nurrish 9. AK350z 10. Husky 11. Ricey ... There is no stopping you Wowowowow!!!!!Whats occurring here! My agent didn't agree to this!
  8. Travelling long distances is spot on in a 350 Fred so a 370 should be even better as the interior is a nicer place to be. We did about 1700 miles in a week round Europe and it was amazingly comfortable. You won't get double on the MPG but you will feel a lot more rewarded for the low MPG in the Zed than you will in the 8 - bear in mind that even if you nurse the 8 you'll be struggling for more than 24-25 mpg. Get the Zed on a motorway and you can average low to mid 30's. Lexx (ex 8 owner) said to me when I was getting the Zed that if I found the 8 twitchy then the Zed would be much worse for me - personally I find it about a million times better (maybe I'm not trying hard enough!). I hated the 8 and its torqueless revvy biatch of an engine but each to their own........you will be riding a wave of torque in a zed and it feels A-mazing in my book.
  9. Wasabi beans are where its at for an entertaining work place snack.........people see you tucking in and decide to steal one - the reaction is usually most hilarious.
  10. Paid.........shower of utter bollox
  11. I think he might want some money first
  12. If I could shift out the Lancer and it wasn't in the Isle of White I'd be seriously tempted to be honest. I think thats probably one of the coolest cars I've ever seen!
  13. Me want.............now! http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C226016#
  14. If you really wanted to sell the car and were confident you'd stick an MOT on it.........I'd leave it alone mate.
  15. Looks a bit like this but this one has a 'double glove' you'll only have the one on the right
  16. +1 the hidey hole also acts like a fridge once you get summat cold in it - I'd go as far as to say one of those little ice pack type thingies in there would turn it into a fully functioning fridge for a day or too........nice cold drinks for when your parked up in a rest stop enjoying the vista. The tardis comment above is totally accurate though - it might look small but there is plenty of room in that boot. Enjoy.
  17. Then I'd buy them off you and we could burn them again just in case
  18. I did have a fairly in depth look for you mate - can't find squat
  19. A little sign appears which looks a bit like our 'National Speedlimit' sign (The black circle with a black stripe across it)........then you need to watch out for the 90 year old German granny in her 3 liter BM putting the pedal to the metal creating a vapor trail in your rear view mirror as you pull out - regardless of age they're all a bit serious out there when it comes to speed!
  20. 1/ martinmac 2/ wackosr 3/ Doogyrev 4/ Brown7758 5/ Liam42whu 6/ MadGrip 7/ martinmac 8/ Brown7758 9/ Beavis 10/ DoogyRev 11/ Keyser 12/ SnailHerder 13/ Ricey lucky number 13!!!
  21. Catalina and Catalinita.........Catalina to my mind was much better. Didn't do much drinking though because the waters can get a bit choppy on the journey to and from - couple that with some lobster and a gut full of booze =
  22. No linky Anders - its on Sky Dave Atlantic Geo or some such channel
  23. We watched Daves Big Night In last night and Jo Entwhistle (?) was on it..................literally about as funny as a wire coat hanger being prodded down your urethra.
  24. If you don't keep your cars long then do it. The running costs are supposed to be quite horrific though - it needs servicing every 3 miles I think.
×
×
  • Create New...