Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. well of course a pop charger would be considered an upgrade not a direct replacement - but if you're just sticking in a different panel filter they wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they tried to say that was a modification. I for one would be more than prepared to argue the toss on wear and tear items if any insurance company tried to say I had invalidated my insurance by putting on non OEM parts - it would be down to them to try and prove that there had been 'betterment' as a result of replacing said parts I know but the point I was getting at is that a pop charger if anything reduces the risk because it slows you down. Even if you declare it they don't insure replacement of the mod itself so their argument for increased premium must be that the pop charger makes the car faster. A direct replacement K&N panel filter might make a difference but reasonably you could get away without declaring it like you said. Much like everything else in the world these days........its just a big load of bollox!
  2. 10.41am 6 people in the chat!
  3. Stock every time.....I cant really express my jealousy!
  4. thats a really nice motor!!!!!! Take a nip of Calpol and have another look Sarnie
  5. Omnomnom.
  6. Fricking hell!!!!!!!! Hope its not a write off mate.
  7. *sigh* unfortunately yes. Basically if it aint standard then its an argument to invalidate the policy.
  8. They didn't and I kind of applaud the sentiment they had about 'all being equal'.........the problem is 'all' are not equal and now they've left an entire generation believing they had the 'right' to all and everything - the vast majority of which are now saddled with the debt of a small African republic to deal with and not a lot to show for it. For the record I believe each and every political group are as bad as one another. I reckon if you stuck the Monster Raving Loony Party in for a term they couldn't of fecked it up any worse!
  9. Its like a pop charger - if anything it probably slows you down but you'd be invalidated back into the stone age if you didn't declare it Basically if you can see that an insurer is trying to screw you on premiums every year think how much they're going to try and wriggle free if you have an accident.
  10. +1 and you deserve everything you get in my book! I can never understand people like my c0ck of a father. He is terrified about being 'fully insured' so he pays fully comp on a car worth a packet of crisps, protects his no claims bonus, worried about excesses being low, legal cover and all that guff. .........then when I used to ask if he declares, his alloys, stainless zorst, aftermarket parking sensors, airfilter ETC he's like 'well the car already had alloys on it and the zorst doesn't do anything'. So he's basically paying all these premiums for whats effectively an uninsured car because the policy will be voided if he ever comes to claim. But then again like I said........the guy is a *****.
  11. Did you eat a digestive over the gator whilst you were fitting it? Its covered in crumbs!! Looks sweet mate.
  12. I'm with others above; 1st picture - burn with fire Fitted to the car picture - win!!!!!!!!!! Its like when the missus shows you a piece of clothing and asks if it looks nice - you dunno until she puts it on, it just looks like a crap bit of cloth at the moment.
  13. Immense!
  14. Ricey

    Snow socks

    Holy random mid summer thread revival Batman! You getting worried about snow already Ian?!
  15. Should be handy for meets!
  16. Have a good one mate
  17. Sounds like a plan 1. Vik54 +1 2. Paulie +1 3. The G Man +1 4. NeilP+1 5. Ricey + Carla
  18. I saw a GM driving to the Park and Ride next to the business park today too..........dirty tail pipes so it didn't fit my spotted criteria
  19. Jims very much a 'stock' kind of guy and the car he bought had this on in the first place. The charger is well worth it for the noise it makes but you might find it puts a bit of a flat spot in the acceleration because it just gulps hot air out of the engine.......unless you start cutting nostrils and feeding tubing out of the front bumper.
  20. Flying penis!??!?!? Dude go to the doctors NOW! You have both an urgent and disturbing medical issue if thats what your steak and kidney dangler looks like! I thought of a new strapline for Skoda ad's but I doubt they'd run with it "Skoda - Because your too cheap to by a VW"
  21. That was mental!!!!!!!!
  22. If only i knew what all this meant I've never done any engine mods to any of my previous cars, im new to the engine mod side of things, i know absolutely nothing When i finally get another zed, I would like the nismo exhaust, if i go for a pre facelift i will be changing the headlights and rear lights for the face lift ones. De-cats do these get through the mot? - CAI - Cold Air Intake.....unless done properly with snorkles and whatnot usually ends up making the car slower as it ends up sucking hot air in from the engine bay. - Plenum Spacer - plenum chamber slopes to accommodate the engine under the bonnet leaving the front 2 cylinders starved of oxygen. The spacer lifts the plenum to improve the airflow. - Exhaust De-cats, Y-Pipe etc speak for themselves. Decats will NOT get through an MOT (unless you have a very friendly and bung happy MOT test centre) - Revup - I think was the new styleee engine (post 06??) that was better but as Wasso said less receptive to the tuning bits mentioned above. - FI - Forced Induction (turbo/supercharging). Wasso is saying if you ain't going for one of these options then get the Revup engine.
  23. Dude you only buy toothpaste if its got the Blue stripe in it!
  24. So you were made to drive against slower, cheaper, less competent cars who were given a 2 lap headstart to ensure that they were not disadvantaged, therefore giving the inferior car the impression that it was able to compete with the more able and expensive car, which ultimately resulted in the inferior car biting off more than it could chew, buying some NOS on H/P rather than increasing its power a bit at a time, then falling behind with the payments, having its NOS repossessed and ending up scrapped as it became clear that it wasn't really good enough to stand up on its own and was no longer financially viable?
  25. Ricey

    MG returns

    I had a good look at this when it was released as it fits into my 'unusual car' category. Grim.
×
×
  • Create New...