Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Can I just be clear that this is my bloody car!!!! I'm selling it to buy a new cheaper car (5-6k) and a nice banger (sub £750) to tinker with and train up my mechanical skills on. Me and biscuit were talking about scratching the V8 itch (which there isn't a cream for) and maybe bagging up a Jag or Merc V8 for a year or so. I've really enjoyed tinkering with the zed but what I would really like is a car I can leave on the drive untaxed and uninsured to learn how to do jobs on without a fear of breaking anything. If it eventually gets 'restored' to a decent standard then I can hopefully flog it on. There are things that I will never learn how to do unless I have a crack.....for example I'd like to weld something at some point in my life - on a rusty old shed I can have a crack....if I **** it up then meh! So what, the cars only worth £500. I was thinking of all sorts of combinations; - Gas guzzling V8 for main car - 5 to 6k (XK8, Merc CL ETC) - Older retro jap sports that I've always wanted to own (GTO, FTO ETC) for 3-5k. - Newer nice cheap to run car (Alfa GT 1.9JTD with higher miles - 5-6k) The only criteria for the main car is it has to be 'odd'......Biscuit knows what I'm talking about. Alfa's are 'odd'....everyone knows there are better options but Alfa's stir the soul, the Mondeo ST24 was a more practical car than the Cougar but the Cougar had some right character. The banger is going to be something that is; - older - easyish to work on. - potential for retro cool if I even got it to a reasonable standard. - parts fairly readily available. So I was thinking old MR2 or Celica.......I did even think about an MGB but I don't think with the best will in the world I've got the skills for that! The problem is all of those options have the potential to be money pits! That said.......................................its my car so mitts off!
  2. From a regulatory perspective it will probably remain as a resi with a consent to let granted. In respect of the new mortgage - yes it probably will impact your ability to lend. Pre-recession it didn't so much but now lenders have throttled their criteria. For example I've never missed a payment on anything in my life.......without our btl we can borrow about 200k from our existing mortgage company (as we're on a really low tracker too)....with it we're restricted to just over 100k - which is less than our current mortgage the worlds gone mad. When we do come to move it looks like we'll have to hassle Sarnie to work his magic on a new deal.....unless we offload the btl by that point.
  3. Somebody's a purple buy today.....hey......hey
  4. Just whip the intake pipe off and take a peek mate. If its dirty then give it a clean.
  5. Not sure bud. It's just a normal jtw pop charger that bought off ekona
  6. ..... we'll take you for a walk soon don't worry.
  7. Good man......I think she bought it! Anyway! Why is my car being sold out from underneath me without my say so! I want a v8
  8. I disagree........... LOUD NOISES!
  9. zed, cash my way and you do all the housework for 6 months....you've got a deal
  10. I cleaned the throttle body as you mentioned on my thread Jim. It was pretty crapped up but white spirit and a bit of cloth soon sorted that out!
  11. Give the guy a break........racing for pink slips is a full time job he can't hang around here all night jibberjabbering with us. Bramble last night reminded me of that scene in Anchorman when Brick Tamland gets involved in the argument and shouts 'I don't know what we're shouting about!' 'LOUD NOISES'
  12. You gonna meet us on the way up kidda? We're going on the Friday.
  13. I'm sure you will, you filthy little clown! Aye I'm up for something or another. PMSL Any knobs involved in your something or another Only if he does them in denim
  14. On my Buy to let mortgage, I had to place a deposit of 30%. The interest rates were slightly higher than a traditional mortgage also. I think what you're planning to do is VERY wise, you will be laughing in the future once you've got 2 properties paid off (the rented one should pay for itself anyway, so there shouldn't be a financial burden on that property, other than the initial deposit.). I would strongly recommend you go for an 'interest-only' mortgage, this will ensure you are not paying more than you can afford on a monthly basis (as you have 2 mortgages) and if anything would happen with your current income, you will not be hit as hard and still be able to cope with the payments. An 'interest-only' mortgage should have very low monthly instalments, your rental income should cover it and give you a small amount of profit on top, allowing you to make over-payments at the end of the year (a lot of mortgage companies allow up to 10% overpayment without being penalised). Personally I'd say that advice is a little dangerous Haz but as said.......ask Sarnie for professional, qualified advice. Your confusing yourself by using the term 'deposit'. When you own the property already its simply a case of the having the correct 'loan to value - LTV'. Your talking about doing a capital reduction but again this is a little confusing as you need to pull money out of the current property to fund the deposit on the new one. For example Current prop value £220k Current mortgage £140k Savings in bank 20k New property value £220k Mortgage max LTV 75% Max mortgage therefore £165k Deposit required £55k You have £20k in the bank and therefore require an additional £35k from the equity of £80k in the current residential. There are 2 options 1. Existing mortgage company offer you a 'Further Advance' of £35k (taking total outstanding balance to £175k) - subject to max LTV, lending criteria, affordability critiera, consenting to you letting the property. 2. You remortgage to another mortgage company for a BTL mortgage of £175k (£140k to redeem existing and another 35k for the new purchase). Mortgage companies assess BTL lending on 1 or 2 ways; 1. Rental yield as a % of cover for the installment - eg installment is £500 and rental is £700 you have a 140% rental cover. Lenders might set the threshold at say 125% cover (i.e you need at least 125% cover to get the mortgage you want - based on a RICS qualified surveyors assessment of the projected rental). 2. Based on your income (usually with a deduction of a set % off your income of whatever you residential mortgage balance is) Be sure about being a landlord though mate - it can be an unholy ball ache and don't forget your going to be in for a cool £340k of secured debt. You have tenants who can lose their jobs too, then your stuck making the payments to the mortgage, you are liable to sort all of the damage, ensuring the property is compliant. If its not the council can serve you with improvement notices that they will simply act upon themselves if you fail to comply (then register a landcharge on your property). However - you could end up with a nice little nest egg for retirement and some tasty profit off the tenants. Bottom line SPEAK TO SARNIE
  15. I'm sure you will, you filthy little clown! Aye I'm up for something or another.
  16. Good shout man but I think it might look a little odd with the purple now.........and I'm frigged if I'm respraying for a 3rd time!
  17. How am I missing the point? I have already stated that I agree with you. The statement I am making is that I cannot stand people complaining about others driving 'over the limit' on the road when they themselves do it also. That has nothing to do with your point which, just in case you need me to say one more time - I totally agree with. Ffs will you for the love of God re-read the thread and original comments....no one was that arsed about the driving.....just the fact it was posted up. Whoever reported the video (and no it wasnt me.....is rather have the entertainment of the aftermath) did so because it could of got Dj in trouble. For example.......youve clearly laid your colours down as a road warrior ......maybe the next time you ask Chris knott for a quote they might read this thread..... So what your saying is you called everyone forum monkeys, said you hated hypocrites but you werent referring to us you just meant the world at large........how very odd. Are you a mentol?
  18. How am I missing the point? I have already stated that I agree with you. The statement I am making is that I cannot stand people complaining about others driving 'over the limit' on the road when they themselves do it also. That has nothing to do with your point which, just in case you need me to say one more time - I totally agree with. Ffs will you for the love of God re-read the thread and original comments....no one was that arsed about the driving.....just the fact it was posted up. Whoever reported the video (and no it wasnt me.....is rather have the entertainment of the aftermath) did so because it could of got Dj in trouble. For example.......youve clearly laid your colours down as a road warrior ......maybe the next time you ask Chris knott for a quote they might read this thread.....
  19. But at least you'd be talking sense and backed up from a point of experience and knowledge
  20. Bah! Renaults can't go more than 5 yards without a coilpack or a turbo packing up.
  21. Name one decent French petrol engine.........
  22. try having a read of this http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/to ... 0&t=629763 Well said Russ........and for God sakes Anthony - just leave it at that.......don't try and argue the toss after reading that thread
  23. Exactly you haven't seen his vid so you 'insightful' commentary is derived from a point of 'hmmmm I'm not sure whats going on so I'll stomp in with me size 12's and see what happens'. No one has been righteous - we all drive hard at times and have taken our chances........the point is we don't all march in, flop our tackle out in public and start swinging like only a true mongtard would do. He posted a vid of his illegal driving in an open forum, which has a good reputation, with his number plate visible. DJ doesn't appear to be a bellend (from what I've seen of him anyway) so its no big deal and he's done the right thing in removing it. There are NO issues in spirited driving when no one else can be hurt (although I still wouldn't like to see DJ 'lay his rubber' into a telegraph pole but thats just my opinion) - recording it and sticking it on an open forum is another thing...........try http://www.barryboycruisinglikeanutmuncher.com of you fancy that kind of thing
  24. Anyone got an objection if I start???...................good When you were in 'the Jap scene' did you run parts for this guy in your spare time whilst infiltrating his gang to undercover a hijacking ring?
×
×
  • Create New...