-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
Polishing the plenum *Pics Page 3 & final page 4*
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in 350Z Modifications
Okey doke - plenum off with minimum of fuss (throttle body quite kacked up though - see my other thread). For those who are thinking of doing this as a cheap mod as opposed forking out £120 to Tarmac viewtopic.php?f=166&t=47695 well right on!!!!!!!! We can fight evil traders who want our money like Tarmac by doing it the cheap way.... So Tarmac wants £120 for a professionally machine polished plenum......... All it cost me was; £45 in sanding pads, backing pads, wire drill wheels, flap wheels and a mask, £70 torque wrench - 40-200nms £30 torque wrench - 5-25nms £90 Dremel 4 hours of my time plus all day tomorrow to finish So the total Tarmac beating price is £235!!!! (granted I get to keep the tools but feck me it so isn't worth it.......my neck is butchered. Joking apart I had 200 squid for my birthday to go and spend on tools so it was kind of a challenge for my new kit than anything. Plenum looks like this after coming off 20 mins with this 40 mins 1 hour Orange peel - after the flap wheel drill bit Kicking some cellulite ass! About 2 hours I think Finito (for today) about 3-4 hours in Let us remember the those who sacrificed so much Sexy bit of Dremel with flexi tube thingy .......roll on tomorrow for some hand sanding! -
Hmmmmm - its a normal pop charger? Could it of been build up pre-pop charger? I've cleaned it how but I can't get to the bits by the butterfly valve in case I upset something.
-
+1!!!!! Thats the most perfectly shiny car I've ever seen! Good job mate
-
Engine bay washer and bolt sets £7 only silver lef
Ricey replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Pics? As its you I've taken a break from probably destroying the engine to take a few snaps They look better in the flesh but I was a bit ashamed of the bigger bolts after putting these on - nipped to Focus and shamone! Nice new shiny bolts too. -
Got the plenum off with the minimum of hassle (although no one mentioned all the damn hoses underneath the TB) Throttle body looks pretty filthy to me but I read in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=40397&hilit=removing+the+plenum&start=15 to be very careful dicking around with it incase you cause the engine to go spaz when its put back together. Any thoughts? Doesn't feel right to put it back on with all that gunge in it? Is carbon cleaner the answer and just steer clear of the butterfly valve? The plenum chamber was fairly clear so I just wiped it with a clean cloth.
-
Engine bay washer and bolt sets £7 only silver lef
Ricey replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Your supposed to be selling not modding more you mad head! -
Engine bay washer and bolt sets £7 only silver lef
Ricey replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
I have installed mine and I must say they look Cheers Tarmacamacacmamadam -
Perhaps missed your other posts mate but what sort of spec/dollar are you talking about?
-
Thats useful to know because I've not declared ours yet! I just received some from Alex yesterday so good for me also (with Admiral). See earlier up the thread. Admiral point blank refused to cover them Bah - same company - you just spoke to another nutsack who doesn't know what they're on about.
-
HAHA I watch it loads and it makes me want to do things like this which will inevitably end in failure!
-
Pretty offensive that is. Poor poor ginger violated in such a way.
-
Shiny tips..........always the sign of a well looked after car
-
Thats a scouse colloquialism in fairness -"what are you's lot up to laaaaaaaa"
-
Thats useful to know because I've not declared ours yet!
-
Dude rarely do I get out of my box but you have got to be yanking my danglers.......... ..........you have got to be joking! Its never taken any garage or dealer more than 5 minutes to either pull a Glass's guide out of there arse pocket, tell me that no one wants (insert whatever engine size I'm trying to part ex) these days, suck air through their teeth and offer me £2k less than what the car is worth or tap a few details into a computer and give me the same figure without the air sucking. Surely its a bigger waste of their time if he goes out for the test drive, comes back and they offer a price that means he can't do the deal!
-
Thats a good point I suppose - I'm building an opinion of the individual by the way they've written something. I suppose its all to do with stereotyping when your in an environment like the internet because you don't meet the person in person. I suppose my point was whilst I'd build an 'image' of someone based on the way they 'type' I'd base my 'opinion' of them based on the content of what they say. My example above (without having any other knowledge of the peeps in question) I'd have the same level of contempt for both but would assume one was the alpha male penie and the other a chav Nova-boy.
-
You went for it then mate! Good lad. Its a nice looking motor that and decent money too
-
To be honest I tend to judge people on the mongy things they say rather than the way the spell them. For example I'd judge these 2 imaginary people in the same manner; 1. This BMW pulled up along side me at the lights so I purged some NOS out of my bonnet at him and raced him to the next set of lights. 2. Man da Beemer was chukkin his nutz at da lights so I's squirted me ting at him and bombed ma whip until he wuz toast. However its plainly obvious that one is a complete dick with a fast car and a particularly small penis. The 2nd is 37% retarded 22 year old chav who's upgraded from a Nova and bought one of those stick on chip thingys for £10 off ebay. Beyond that I'm not really fussed by how people spell or punctuate things.
-
Care to elaborate? Haha, don't think it would be very ethical of me to name names, but lets say some exhaust combinations sound excruciatingly, ear splittingly bad when wrung out! I reckon its fairly obvious to anyone with ears who your talking about! Each to their own like but frig me.......not my cup of sparrows if I'm honest. It was almost worse than the sound of a man having a hedgehog forcibly inserted into him.
-
It totally depends on how you bond with the car. I love the Zed.....its truly the first car I have ever categorically loved - there's nothing I hate about it (thus far!). Now my RX8.........if I was super rich and wouldn't of missed the money I would of paid someone to strip it piece by piece and drop it into molten lead to ensure it didn't inflict its hateful-self upon anyone else.........others (Lexx, Stan ETC) couldn't get enough off theirs though.
-
1st one is overpriced to me - import and higher miler compared to what you can get........methinks your getting lead astray by White cars 2nd one looks good - UK GT spec, cheaper and lower miles. Leather is a little ropey but you can get good kits to bring it back to life. Zorst doesn't look stock to me - stainless aftermarket job. If your pitching tent for a white one just get the cheapest tightest Zed you can find and get it wrapped. I think your looking at about a grand for a wrap but pm RT Performance for a quote (seen their work in the flesh and its top notch).
-
Chap FTW!!!!!!!!!!! Useless he aint!
-
Polishing the plenum *Pics Page 3 & final page 4*
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in 350Z Modifications
no bother - is it like this. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... +tools+%2F -
yep back to the dealer with a frown and a scowl.........don't stop scowling until they fix it Something along these lines should do it........