Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. If I remember rightly from Slims previous piccies he has the bolt holes through his nips to attach a strut brace!
  2. I'd be slightly wary of an unmodded car thats been re-sprayed. Granted people do sometimes change the colour of their car but generally other mods tend to follow. Piccies would probably help
  3. You don't need manuals when you have this place
  4. I made a fish Its great - have a good holiday
  5. Depends if your a Top Man 'Poker in the front, liquor in the rear' link of guy really? Doesn't do a lot for me but each to there own eh..........I wear double denim after all!
  6. Cheers bud I'll have a think what I'm going to do. I've still got pennies in the coffers from by birthday tool shopping fund so I might 'tool up' and have a crack.
  7. Michael Carrick as to be one of the most overrated players I've ever come across. Every Saturday we have to listen to Hansen nearly shooting his bolt over him too. "just look at this. The boy gets in there and intercepts that 50 yard wayward pass to no one........granted he gives the ball away but still........class" Commentators and Rooney do my swead in too! "Wayne Rooney smashes one from 25 yards out on the volley.....oooooohhhhhhhhhhh and its gone 5 yards wide.........he is the best, the man, the legend.......no one else can do the things this boy is capable of" ........errrm I'm fairly sure I could spank a ball wide from 25 yards! Fat, bearded, granny knobbing treacherous git.
  8. Dude why haven't you?!?! Its 8 bolts man! Was the lacquering a biatch or did it go ok? Also people need to comment on the Dremel replacement..........providing it doesn't get too much hammer I guess it does the same job? Rothers that looks depressingly awesome!
  9. Cheers Clarkie - that could be useful as it saves me trawling through B&Q. I know there are polished plenums like the Shires and Clarkies of the world have but I was reading Djrms thread with interest. He appears to have got a clean and shiny plenum as opposed to a mirror finish jobbie - I was thinking this was more in my budget range. He seems to be using a wire bush type attachment and spent a couple of hours at it..........this was more of the standard I was expecting to get it to. I can't really spend 12 straight hours on it or have the plenum off every 5 mins to do an hour hear and there. Quick question then - if I had a crack for say a day or 2 putting a few hours in..............it surely can't look any worse can it? Much as I love and support enterprising traders like our Tarmac I just can't warrant spending that kind of cash on something that sits under the bonnet! However in the same breath I've really tried hard with my spraying of the engine plastics so I don't want a grim looking plenum to ruin the look! Huskys polished strut looked the bee's knee's too considering it costs no more than sandpaper, lacquer and time?
  10. That stinks of 'win'! Do it then you'll be well impressed with yourself for beating the system and saving 500 nicker!
  11. So in short.........take it to someone else then finish it yourself? Assuming its just quicker, easier and cheaper to buy one of Tarmac instead then!
  12. Buoyed by my recent successes with spray paints and recent acquisition of various tools I'm moving more technical! I've had a searchy (before anyone shouts) and digested the info thats on there - unfortunately most of the piccies have been removed from photobucket so no visual guide I've read about taking the plenum off and now that I'm fully equipt with a torque wrench I can safely fettle with it however I'm still a little confused as to the methods and what the best tools are to use to polish it. Time and danger and expense wise its probably easier just to buy one but I really want to have a crack at this myself. So; 1. I need a drill with a whizzery bit on it but I don't know what the right one is. 2.I need a Dremel style thingy but I don't want to shell out tonnes of wonga as I'm not going to be using it much - so will this substitute http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165557 3. If it do get it what bits do you use to do the polishing - I'm guessing the dremel thingy is for the more awkward bits of the plenum? 4. How long does the process take? Am I looking at the car being in dock for days? 5. Also whilst we're at it I might have a crack at polishing the OEM strut like Husky did...........can the car be driven (carefully) without the engine strut? Fanks as always
  13. To be honest bud I reckon you'd struggle to sell as it is for that kind of money. I reckon unless you break very lucky with someone looking for a pre-modded bright Orange Zed you'll need to return it to stock and pull some dollar back selling the bits off. Standard 2003 import with that kind of mileage in good nick with a good history.......maybe 7.5k? Flog the bits. Anyone that doesn't know the car is going to be put off by the mods I reckon.............shame really
  14. Piccies will help Tom. Smart repairer will be cheaper than a bodyshop - they specialize in scratches like this.
  15. Going tonight - read some poor reviews in the media so good to get a first hand review!
  16. to the forum. Get some piccies up!
  17. Dave even brought some pictures of when he had hair back in the; 80's...........going 90's...........going Wales - the last strand fell out in fright when he first caught sight of the awesomeness of double denim.
  18. ......I may have taken some artistic licence with that recollection. I agree with Ian though....if we hadn't met husky previously and therefore had someone to latch onto it would of been pretty awkward until the mingling had commenced. Maybe name badges would help but I wouldn't want us to look like we've rocked up on a 'sunshine bus'
  19. What a shocking opinion people have of me. After the 50th raffle draw Daves spirit finally broke
  20. Technically thats not 100% correct........we did have chat about your NoS issues but you'd drowned your sorrows by that point and eyes were pointing in the wrong direction so it prob didn't register I guess that was when the car was being repaired, you should have introduced yourself. I was as you say drowning my sorrows at the thought of devastation!! nope it was about 10.30 at night when I was at the bar querying with the barman why he thought anyone would ever want a whiskey and lemonade (as opposed to the Vodka and lemo, complete with slice of lemon and mini umbrella that I ordered for Husky). You we're telling me about 7th injectors, angles of injection, wizards of NOS and a Lion, Tinman, Scarecrow and things........throughout all of which I did a pretty good impression of a man who understood what you were on about - you obviously weren't aware that you were talking to Paul 'King of mechanical spodship' 'Ricey' Rice
  21. Mate I'm out and about in taffyland walking dogs or some such merriment. I'll wave as you pass
  22. Technically thats not 100% correct........we did have chat about your NoS issues but you'd drowned your sorrows by that point and eyes were pointing in the wrong direction so it prob didn't register
  23. They are like a greased otter in fairness.
  24. SpursMadFred At least I didn't get the usual Ryan Giggs association given his recent antics!
  25. Repaying the engine bits I did the other week in purple flip and panther black.......looking ok thus far!
×
×
  • Create New...