Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Got the Orange bolts but Carla's adamant about the purple (I think Frog Green would be better) to its Purple with Orange accents. To be honest the piccies look good but the Orange is just all wrong against the Sunset colour. This is Ford Velvet Purple...........Biscuit thinks it'll look like ass - I can't make my mind up.
  2. It's all good practice either way!
  3. viewtopic.php?f=166&t=47695 Shebam!
  4. Ford Velvet Purple has already been purchased to rectify the situation. It did looks a bit rank in Hot Orange in fairness!.
  5. No bother Search doesn't always work great in honesty. You sometimes need to really narrow it down to the most likely location (i.e search guides only).
  6. Have a good one Davey boy!
  7. You are special Dave needs
  8. General consensus..........Hot Orange looks like a Hot Bag of Balls!. Ford Velvet Purple and some Orange accents from my esteemed associate Tarmac bagged up! Now all I need to do is undo all my good spraying with some sand paper!
  9. Can I just point out Shire was wearing almost the exact same clothes and no one said a thing...........people who I'd never even met were stopping me and saying 'Ricey.......you look well gay'. You savverners are supposed to be up to date with the latest fashion yet 2 Northerners were setting the standard
  10. Let the searchy be your friend viewtopic.php?f=35&t=47176
  11. And thats exactly why people have them on - you may not go any faster but you certainly sound like you are. I love ours and I don't really miss the ponies that have bolted
  12. Awesome piccies Chris.........although we hogged most of the first ones!
  13. I thought it was supposed to give a little increase in hp.. I thought after my service the other week when it was fitted that it's felt more responsive. It would if it didn't suck hot air out of the engine bay
  14. Ricey - partner attending Wales and sharing a bed - Carla Husky - partner attending Wales and sharing a bed - Stuart .........I'll leave that open to the wider forum to decide who the chutney ferret is.
  15. Only con I can think of is that it would put your insurance up.......that if of course if you declare it - you'd be a fool not too but then it is hidden! Moral dilemma!. I'm sure someone mentioned about having a few problems getting the strut to sit correctly without hitting the bonnet after fitting. Can't remember who though.
  16. Really? I don't think thats a pretty good price for the year. Cosmetics are easily sorted from traders on here. Seat bolster is a little more tricky but there are specialists out there. Depends if its wear or a tear......wear can sometimes be 'treated' with leather repair kits - won't be perfect but it could save a fair bit. Piccies would be useful to help more
  17. SpursMadDave.............if he offers you a hot tip he's not referring to gambling.
  18. Another wrestler succumbing to a heart attack............ I reckon about 90% of pro wrestlers end up dying that way because of all the roids.
  19. I think your right re the peeling but I've literally never sprayed anything in my life so this was a good test to see if it lay within my restricted skill set! I can always rub it back and have another crack if it starts going funny. Its going to be hidden from the elements but it will be subject to some pretty intense heat! I shall treasure my star
  20. Not a mini fan but thats a very nice looking motor fair play to you.
  21. Thanks for the comments guys. As for the write up.........seriously you don't want one from me. I'm a bodge it bob, I make it up as I go along, cut corners and generally do half a job. This has come out really well but its probably not as good as it could of been. I had no sandpaper so it did no keying, I also didn't wet and dry to get a smoother finish at any point. I did it outside, in a high wind, in an air chamber made out of a broken patio umbrella and a giant silver car cover which quickly turned itself into a parachute. But if you really want to know; - cleaned the bits before hand with a normal kitchen degrease spray and some kitchen roll. - 3 coats of primer. - 5-7 coats of paint. - 3-5 coats of lacquer. Given that I was operating in a high wind its arguable how much of those coats actually hit the intended target. Its obviously important to keep your distance from the object your spraying otherwise you can cause a run. Its all about light coats and building up the colour. I sprayed around 6 inches from the object and did it in sweeping, controlled bursts (i.e not just holding down the nozzle and spraying everywhere). I had some nozzle clogging issues where it would spit out blobs at times (they seemed to settle ok though) so make sure you turn the can upside down and spray until it clears to keep the nozzle unclogged. The holes for the bolts are a bit more tricky so make sure you kind of walk around the object and spray from all angles. Time between coats was as quick as 5-10 mins (says 15-20 on the tin though). All in all I'm really pleased with it.........but it was a typically "Ricey" style effort that paid off for once. I was tempted to have a crack at the strut bar too but I bugged out before I caused a **** up.
  22. I lacquered it? Is that the same thing?
  23. That baggage reclaim had me chuckling I must admit!
  24. Dunno but is pissing windy in Chester! Check out my Air Chamber viewtopic.php?f=26&t=49628
  25. Finished! Just in time for Wales Air chamber as requested Ian Before (just in case you don't know what a boggo engine looks like! ) After (BMW Hot Orange)
×
×
  • Create New...