Life Lesson #127 - Don't Get Distracted At The Wheel

Stutopia

Picture the scene.

It's a warm (ish) summer's morning, a dashing young gentleman strides confidently down to his handsome gunmetal Nissan 350z. The sun gently glistens on the shiny paintwork. He's super psyched about working this weekend and getting into the office, just like any normal working day.

He leaps into the Zed, sparks up the muscular V6 and smiles at the meaty bark as it kicks in and recedes to a deep, satisfying rumble. He knows it's going to be a great day, the stereo even kicks in and auto selects his favourite Cheryl Cole track. He winds down the windows. He's poised to make a difference today.

A quick glance, each way, before backing out the drive.

Ohhh wait, look at that attractive young lady passing by, not a care in the world, summer dress floating in the breeze, temptingly rippling as a gentle gust reveals a flash of lightly oranged thigh. Today is going to be a winner. Let's roll!

Strangely the car rolls forward, not backward.

Oh wait what's that steel bar doing there?

It doesn't look like it has much give in it.

No. No it doesn't.

None at all in fact.

Not like the paint and plastic heading its way.

GODDAMMIT!!!!!

B821156D-E1E5-4D3C-B3AD-DB78FD63E49A_zpscoqlcxor.jpg

Life Lesson#127 - Don't Get Distracted At The Wheel and if you do, make sure you've taken it out of first, for parking, and put it into reverse, for reversing.

• Like 5

Oh dear. At least it looks like it should be a straightforward repair job, unlike the time I opened the door of my previous Z on to a lamppost. Can't even claim there was a pretty girl involved - just my own ineptitude. :(

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

:worthless: of the attractive young lady to make an informed judgement as to whether to offer sympathy or you were plain careless :teeth::lol:

:worthless: of the attractive young lady to make an informed judgement as to whether to offer sympathy or you were plain careless :teeth::lol:

+ 1.983.288

In my head, she was something like this...

Monica-Bellucci-on-July-Madame-Figaro-Cover-in-Dolce-and-Gabbana-Fall-Winter-2014.jpg

• Like 2

Don't know what's worse- you chose the wrong gear or you listen to Cheryl cole :lol:

Bit of artistic licence there, it was actually Taylor Swift N.W.A.

Nowt wrong with a bit of the Swift, I'm off to see her and her marvellous legs music tomorrow. :D

Has WW hijacked your account Matt? Not very progressive views on lady drivers ;)

Hot on the heels of lesson #127 yesterday, Lesson #128 - Don't Believe Everyting Car Rental Guy Says

When I went to pick up a Lexus IS300H for work this weekend (need back seats), I was surprised to hear,

"Just so you know, this is a Diesel Sir."

"Are you sure? It's a hybrid diesel, not a hybrid petrol?"

"No, diesel it is Sir."

Naturally it was low on fuel when they dropped it off, so my first stop was for a fill up. Confident in the expertise and knowledge of the professional car rental man I had spoken to, just 5 minutes previously, I pulled up to the dirty, slippery zone denoting DERV filling.

I held my nose and proceeded to the pump.

I found it very strange that the diesel nozzle wouldn't even fit in the filler hole. I found it even more strange upon inspection that the inside of filler flap has a sticker, which reads UNLEADED FUEL ONLY. I am very pleased that modern vehicles and pumps have different size appertures :lol:

Phone call an hour later.

"Just so you know Sir, that is acutally a petrol, not a diesel."

"Yes. Yes it is."

Phone call an hour later.

"Just so you know Sir, that is acutally a petrol, not a diesel."

"Yes. Yes it is." "Ah, that'll explain why the car isn't working anymore then. On an unrelated note, I'll be needing a new one please..."

Is what you should have said shortly before listening to a rental guy have a heartattack over the phone. :teeth:

Has WW hijacked your account Matt? Not very progressive views on lady drivers ;)

How very dare you! :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare:

My comment was a based on established facts, thus proving that WW could not possibly have been involved in any form. :p

• Like 2