Cyclist catches idiotic driver....

GMballistic

...eating cereal. :scare:

A motorist has been filmed apparently eating a bowl of cereal while driving.

The Land Rover driver was spotted by off-duty cycle instructor David Williams, as he negotiated traffic in Hampton Court, Surrey.

Capturing the astonishing display of carelessness on his helmet-cam, Williams confronts the driver, and orders her to put the bowl down.

"I've got your number. Absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous – you're a bloody danger," he shouts.

Despite being confronted, the driver seems not to care, and appears to continue eating as she queues at a junction.

Surrey Police is currently investigating the incident, after the footage was uploaded to YouTube.

If found guilty of driving without due care and attention, the hungry driver could be issued with a fine and penalty points. However, she could face a short prison sentence if found guilty of the more serious offence of dangerous driving.

Source: http://cars.aol.co.uk/2015/06/18/video-driver-caught-eating-cereal-at-the-wheel/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D359308

As much as she is a total and utter frigging plank for doing this (and yep, I hope she is bummed by the cops for this), I can't stand people (of zero authority, especially cyclists :lol:) telling me/anyone what's right or wrong, this kind of stuff is encouraging the public to do police work.

Essentially giving 'busy bodies' even more ammo.

• Like 5

As much as she is a total and utter frigging plank for doing this (and yep, I hope she is bummed by the cops for this), I can't stand people (of zero authority, especially cyclists :lol:) telling me/anyone what's right or wrong, this kind of stuff is encouraging the public to do police work.

The Police can't be everywhere though so some times it is down to us, the public to spot & report things.

I get what you're saying and really he could have filmed her/reported her without confronting her but obviously that's his prerogative. ;)

I have the same feeling of 'fk off' when I safely overtake someone, and they flash me..

It's my decision, right or wrong and I'm responsible for my actions, I don't care for the other drivers opinion if it was ok or not - if you see what I mean.

• Like 1

I have the same feeling of 'fk off' when I safely overtake someone, and they flash me..

It's my decision, right or wrong and I'm responsible for my actions, I don't care for the other drivers opinion if it was ok or not - if you see what I mean.

The cyclist did make a meal of it ! ;)

• Like 5

The Police can't be everywhere though so some times it is down to us, the public to spot & report things.

I get what you're saying and really he could have filmed her/reported her without confronting her but obviously that's his prerogative. ;)

Agreed, and Rob - how would you feel if she was doing that while following you? I really hope she gets done for dangerous driving.

• Like 1

Agreed, and Rob - how would you feel if she was doing that while following you? I really hope she gets done for dangerous driving.

its all glory hunting for all these parasites with camera plastering it on youtube, if it was genuinely for the greater good it would go to the police and nothing more done, im surprised more of these youtube muppets are not being done for Bully/harassment/Intimidation charges the way a large amount of them act or even sued for Slander as alot of them are honest mistake or you only get 1 side the cameraman side of the story

• Like 2

He's well within his rights to report her, but for me, he can keep the bollocking for a cycle circle jerk later on.

When that vid popped up the other day of that tit who rode straight into the back of the parked driving school car, the guy got out to check the rider was ok and for damage, not to gleefully dish out a citizen's dressing down whilst thumbing himself.

yes she's an idiot, yes it's ridiculously dangerous (although she was stopped) and yes she needs a bollocking from the police

but I hate self rightious, pompous arses like that cyclist

• Like 1

absolutely agree - but to effectively bully/attack her like that is still unacceptable .... and if it had been me in the car (or as a passenger) the old red mist would have come down (so I tell myself :wacko:;) )

absolutely agree - but to effectively bully/attack her like that is still unacceptable .... and if it had been me in the car (or as a passenger) the old red mist would have come down (so I tell myself :wacko:;) )

Bully her? Attack her? She's doing wrong. Would you not do the same to someone who drink driving? Or would you just let it happen? Both are careless and potentially dangerous driving. Maybe from his actions she'll learn something.

keep in mind we only saw a very small clip - maybe ? (a big maybe perhaps) she had it on the seat - untouched - until she was stopped in that que of traffic

so, is that any worse than picking up a bottle of water, or a biscuit ?

and no - I don't equate what she has done with drink driving - thats not a fair comparison

don't get me wrong Dips - I'm not defending her - I'm having a go at the behaviour of the cyclist and many like him

• Like 1

Bully her? Attack her? She's doing wrong. Would you not do the same to someone who drink driving? Or would you just let it happen? Both are careless and potentially dangerous driving. Maybe from his actions she'll learn something.

two wrongs make a right do they?

everyone makes bad move in life, FACT!

Would i video someone drink driving and plaster it all over YouTube Hell no, would it be sent to the police you know the people who can punish her yes, and looks to me to the footage is being used to make money for the own via New Flare, nothing like making money out of someone else bad choice

just out of interest how do we know she was driving when he approached her she was stationary/ creeping in an auto? how do you know the bowl wasnt put down on the passenger seat whilst driving and only eaten when not moving?

Find me someone who says they have never done anything else when driving be it having a drink or on the phone and i will show you a liar.

Edited by StevoD

dress it how you like but it's wrong to be in control of a vehicle doing that ( maybe the cyclist could of dealt with it better BUT if she wasn't doing it in the first place............)

I was on the M42 last week in 3 lanes of stop start traffic, I was in neutral with handbrake on and a car drove into the back of me .. he said he was reading a text and didn't even brake before he hit my car !

result was a trip to the Horton in Banbury and the car wrote off ( my daily )

If some bloke was that aggressive to my missus, regardless of what she'd done wrong, I suspect my temper might just get the better of me.

At that point in time, eating a bowl of cereal in stationary traffic was hardly causing too much of an issue. A militant cyclist cutting across lanes without so much as a signal, just so he can get righteous in the face of a woman, I'd suggest was the bigger problem.

• Like 2

I can see both sides on this one. Totally agree that she's an absolute arse (and she's on a road I regularly use) but I can see why people don't think much of the cyclist - I see far more bad road behaviour by cyclists than drivers, so perhaps it's difficult to swallow ŵhen they have a go. I wonder if he has a go when he sees his fellow cyclists running a red light.

Edited by sipar69

I can see both sides on this one. Totally agree that she's an absolute arse (and she's on a road I regularly use) but I can see why people don't think much of the cyclist - I see far more bad road behaviour by cyclists than drivers, so perhaps it's difficult to swallow ŵhen they have a go. I wonder if he has a go when he sees his fellow cyclists running a red light.

doesnt look like it

Law on mobile phones:

Driving a car

Even if your car is off the road and is not moving, you may be considered to be driving if your engine is on. Therefore, if you stop your car to use your phone, it would be wise to turn your engine off first.

Likewise, the police will still consider you to be driving if you are stuck in a traffic jam, so in this situation you should not alleviate your boredom by using your phone, unless you are using a hands-free set.

Bear in mind that each case is judged on its own merits, so there is no fixed definition. The best thing you can do is be aware of these guidelines before picking up your phone. ( https://www.lawonthe...l/mobile-phones )

But its OK to have a bowl of cereal in your hands but not a mobile phone? :dry: Come on - get real you guys, you are getting fixated with the cyclist actions that, agreed was uncalled for and he was unlikely to do that if a burly guy was in the car, but the woman clearly had no regard for other road users. .

• Like 2

No-one has said the driver was okay to be eating cereal. Clearly, that's not right, however it looked like she was in full control of the vehicle at a very low speed. Contrary to what some would have you think, some people are actually capable of doing more than one thing when driving. I used to use my phone all the time when driving before the law changed, and AFAIK no-one died because of that.

Vigilantism is the bigger worry here in my book. That bloke lost his rag completely, when it wasn't needed. If she'd been doing 50mph and weaving all over the place then sure, his anger would be justified, but pootling along at 2mph? Massive, massive over reaction.

Really guys?

The cyclist was a bit of a knob but he was hardly aggressive was he? Patronising in the extreme, but in this instance he was well in his rights to be.

I personally can't stand cyclists but I would hardly label him a vigilante lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I find the cyclist's squeaky brakes an offence. He should be reported for that. Also he (shock-horror) swore in public - he is clearly an uncouth shouty cyclo-vigilante - and who came over all axe-grindy and 'made an example of' her for having a flashy Land Rover. Did she crash or kill any other cyclists, kids or cats? Nope.

Poor lass was a bit hungry and quite capable of dropping the cereal bowl in her lap if need be. Her only real crime was that of the potential for crumbs and a sticky steering wheel :scare: whilst pootling along at 2mph in her automatic car with a perfectly good free hand to guide the steering wheel ..at 2mph. Multi tasking is possible in automatics (I used to own two - I even managed to change the radio dials a few times :thumbs: )

Weaving, 40MPH, centre lane of M25 texting are the people that should be nailed to a post IMHO. This cyclist episode is just an example of bullying :shrug:

• Like 1

I find the cyclist's squeaky brakes an offence. He should be reported for that. Also he (shock-horror) swore in public - he is clearly an uncouth shouty cyclo-vigilante - and who came over all axe-grindy and 'made an example of' her for having a flashy Land Rover. Did she crash or kill any other cyclists, kids or cats? Nope.

Poor lass was a bit hungry and quite capable of dropping the cereal bowl in her lap if need be. Her only real crime was that of the potential for crumbs and a sticky steering wheel :scare: whilst pootling along at 2mph in her automatic car with a perfectly good free hand to guide the steering wheel ..at 2mph. Multi tasking is possible in automatics (I used to own two - I even managed to change the radio dials a few times :thumbs: )

Weaving, 40MPH, centre lane of M25 texting are the people that should be nailed to a post IMHO. This cyclist episode is just an example of bullying :shrug:

With respect, it isn't just an example of "bullying" it's an example of crass behavour by both parties.