Cyclist catches idiotic driver....

GMballistic

Yeah I wouldn't say he lost it - just had a bit of dig at her, which to be fair she did deserve.

Thats Fair enough, But why post it all over youtube and try and sell the footage? Just glory hunting from his other camera wearing parasites i guess.

My mate got pulled over for having a drink of water while driving and they said its was because she didn't have two hands on the wheel, she argued that her car was manual so if she kept two hands on the wheel at all times she wouldn't get very far, but they didn't seem amused lol

This was vid was 5 minutes from my boyfriend's parents' house, as he works for the vehicle manufacturer and his work wasn't far we were trying to work out if it was one of their customer's as a lot of them are twats but couldn't see clearly enough lol

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I've only read a few of the posts and haven't even bothered with the youtube clip. Should she have been eating a bowl of cereal whilst driving? Legally? But hey, I don't know the law on this. What's the distinction between stuffing your face and texting at the wheel? My wife was a passenger in a stationary car when a young woman rear ended the car she was in. Police report cited the cause to be texting at approx 40mph.

Some have said she was only traveling at 3mph ish...for all the journey? So that makes it OK?

I'm currently working in Singapore where the law has very distinct boundaries and few 'grey' areas. Get caught using your phone, even at 'only 3mph', and it's 6 points from a maximum of 24 and your phone is taken off you there and then to end up in a landfill site! No ifs, no buts.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

No-one has said the driver was okay to be eating cereal. Clearly, that's not right, however it looked like she was in full control of the vehicle at a very low speed. Contrary to what some would have you think, some people are actually capable of doing more than one thing when driving. I used to use my phone all the time when driving before the law changed, and AFAIK no-one died because of that.

Vigilantism is the bigger worry here in my book. That bloke lost his rag completely, when it wasn't needed. If she'd been doing 50mph and weaving all over the place then sure, his anger would be justified, but pootling along at 2mph? Massive, massive over reaction.

You are never in full control of any vehicle while eating a bowl of cereal. Yes, you can do a few things while driving but to say you're in "full control" pffft, I doubt that very much.

Did she crash and die? No. Could she have stopped if she'd needed to? Yes. Could she steer the vehicle enough to stay in position at those speeds? Yes.

Sounds like full control to me, at least in that situation. Yes, it was stupid, and no I don't think she was right to do so, but it was no more dangerous to others than 80mph on a motorway with a single hand on the steering wheel whilst fiddling with the stereo. We need to maintain perspective here.

True, but was she going to stay there until she finished her co-co pops? No! Would she probably be moving in the next few seconds? Yes! Would this require using both hands and a leg? Yes! would she be paying full attention? Probably not! Could there be an accident because of this? Possibly. Near death? depends. I'm not saying that death qualifies my post but face it, she's not in full control. AND I bet if she rear ended your car at a crawl, you'd get out to see WTF she was playing at only to find a bowl of cereal in her lap. Are you seriously telling me you'd be quite happy to brush it aside and say, even though you're eating a bowl of cereal and have rear ended me, i'm sure that wouldn't've impeded your driving abilities?

Edited by Rock_Steady

Imho he was already riding like a prick, inside of the road to the outside to overtake and then cuts in between 2 cars to turn off.......then he complains about what someone else is doing ??? w@~ker the lot of them

I pray for a cyclists disease that will kill all of these knobs off.

True, but was she going to stay there until she finished her co-co pops? No! Would she probably be moving in the next few seconds? Yes! Would this require using both hands and a leg? Yes! would she be paying full attention? Probably not! Could there be an accident because of this? Possibly. Near death? depends. I'm not saying that death qualifies my post but face it, she's not in full control. AND I bet if she rear ended your car at a crawl, you'd get out to see WTF she was playing at only to find a bowl of cereal in her lap. Are you seriously telling me you'd be quite happy to brush it aside and say, even though you're eating a bowl of cereal and have rear ended me, i'm sure that wouldn't've impeded your driving abilities?

No, I'd be p*ssed at her, but then I'd be p*ssed at anyone who ran into the back of me whilst crawling along in traffic. It takes literally no effort at all to crawl along and use your knees to steer a fraction to stay in a lane. You really don't need to use your hands at all, AT LOW SPEED AND IN A RELATIVELY STRAIGHT LINE. Give it a try, you'll see how simple it is and how little control it takes away from the driver. As long as you're concentrating on what the car in front is doing, it's really not difficult to do.

Again, it's not right and she shouldn't be doing it, and maybe if the cyclist hadn't been so militant I wouldn't be sticking up for her so much. But he did, and it annoyed me, so now I'm digging myself in. :D

• Like 1