When are you too old for a nice car?

twobears

You don't show your age in your profile so I have no idea if you are too old or not.

I know how old Annie looks and it's nowhere near the age we are (and yes, I know I'm a bit older than you ha ha)

• Like 1

I know a 91 year old who still has a race license, and takes his MG out on the track on a monthly basis :)

I will try and have a nice car until I feel I'm not safe enough to be on the roads. Could be 5/10/15 years away, just can't say.

Pete

• Like 1

...... So how old are you?

Ill start the guessing game .....

52?

I have a customer who is 85 , he has 3 e type jags and climbed a tree ( 90ft oak ) the other day with me !!

Go for it , my dad was 60 when we lost him ( 1 year ago ) and I can safely say he died a happy man , because he enjoyed life to the max .

Not saying you're gonna die soon !!! But you get my point :)

• Like 2

I've got a huge walnut tree in the garden and my daughter's boyfriend climbed it last week but I didn't feel any desire to scramble up after him. I am in awe of your elderly customer :scare::surrender:

I can't possibly comment re the age thing but you might, just might, be spot on. There again you may not ;)

• Like 3

You don't show your age in your profile so I have no idea if you are too old or not.

I'm a laydee so not going to reveal my age, ha ha :lol: I have a 21 year old daughter though so I'm definitely 'mature'. I'm not looking for a 'scientifically' worked out answer though, just interested in the thoughts and experiences of others in my position :)

I have a 27 year old daughter and don`t consider myself to be too old for anything yet. You`re only too old when you physically can`t do it so try it and see how you get on :thumbs:.

• Like 1

TwoBears - if you eldest is only 21 then you really are not old!! And if only 52 - still a spring chicken like myself. I drive a very bright orange car. I do get some funny looks from young drivers but that is only because they are jealous and probably saying 'what is that old fart doing in that car' but who cares :)

I lost a very good friend last year, he was 48, massive heart attack with no warning whatsoever and kept himself in quite reasonable shape. It shocked me and made me realise that you have to live your life NOW.

If you love the 4C, can get into and out of it, and can afford it then go for it. It is a one of the only cars I would be tempted to change my 350Z for. Would we get a discount if we bought two? :)

Chris

• Like 1

If you think about it, a lot of people you see in 'nice' cars tend not to be young, as most of us don't get into a financial position to buy one until a bit later in life. Buy what you want and enjoy.

(Apparently the wife of the guy who runs the Nissan dealership in Winchester is 70+ and her daily driver is a 370Z)

• Like 1

Unless your physical abilities are compromised I can't really relate to age at all at either end of the spectrum. It annoyed me when people said I was too young to do certain things in my career (I ignored them) and more advanced age as a barrier per se annoys me now.

I bought my Second Caterham when I was 53 and an Elise when 57. Equally I wouldn't just avoid an XK8 because it's known as an "old Man's car" - I don't give a damn about all these labels.

Neither did it bother me that I once had an orange 2CV. Our Regional Director was on a visit of the area - I was the local Branch Manager in Bermondsey at the time. I bought the 2CV because I felt I could park it anywhere and no-one would nick it :lol: . Various people told me I "couldn't possibly take him on a tour of Docklands in the "that" (the 2CV). When I did so, the aforesaid Director said it was the most fun he'd had in a long time. Some years later, when I took a dodgy stress-related turn in my career and wanted to change direction massively he was the one who helped me do it.

Another twobears 1st world problem thread. :yawn:

I'll do a poll, what do we think the next thread will be?

1. When are you too old for a 60ft yacht?
  2. Where should I buy my mansion?
  3. My mansion has 11 bedrooms, I can't clean them all. Should I get help?
  4. How many servants is too many?
  5. I don't need to work but I'm bored, should I?

• Like 4

Mouthwash, if you took the trouble to rise above your relentless negativity you would have read that I have serious health problems and that is why I am not working. Happy about that? Want to swap? Feel free. You couldn't get much more miserable could you? Have you got a really small ........ gear knob? There must be something that is peeing you off so mightly, ha ha :lol:

If TwoBears and / or husband have worked hard to become 'comfortable' then good luck to them I say.

• Like 2

TwoBears - if you eldest is only 21 then you really are not old!! And if only 52 - still a spring chicken like myself. I drive a very bright orange car. I do get some funny looks from young drivers but that is only because they are jealous and probably saying 'what is that old fart doing in that car' but who cares :)

I lost a very good friend last year, he was 48, massive heart attack with no warning whatsoever and kept himself in quite reasonable shape. It shocked me and made me realise that you have to live your life NOW.

If you love the 4C, can get into and out of it, and can afford it then go for it. It is a one of the only cars I would be tempted to change my 350Z for. Would we get a discount if we bought two? :)

Chris

Discount for two sounds good Chris :thumbs: I'll sew a name tag into mine so we can tell them apart :lol:

That's 'cos only old people want to drive the 370* :p

*I know, the irony of me saying that as the driver of a silver BMW barge, the definitive old man's car :(:lol:

I was enjoying reading the views on this thread (having a vested interest of course :surrender:) until I got to your post Dan and now you have well and truly gone too far :protest: Now haven't had to use the ban button for a while ...... now where is it - damn - so old I've forgotten :blush:.

But as some will know, age hasn't slowed my driving and enthusiasm for drivers cars and my years are a lot more than yours Annie, so you go for it gal :thumbs:

• Like 3

Twobears - I did not read the Mouthwash thread that way at all.

I am sure he will be sorry you did.

Anyway back to thread - Own and drive whatever you want.

As said before, you are never to old.

Enjoy life, its all over far too quickly.

I for sure already know I do not have enough time left to do all the things I would like to achieve.

Yes, my list is mightly long !!!! :lol:

• Like 1

If TwoBears and / or husband have worked hard to become 'comfortable' then good luck to them I say.

Thanks Chris. Mr Twobears works his arse off and has a good job. I have made money over the years too, all through hard work, no silver spoons here. Some people seem to resent that but I think you should work hard and play hard and I feel sorry for anyone who is consumed by envy. I was surrounded by very wealthy people in the last two places in which I lived but I didn't consider it productive to spend all my time hating them. Negativity is toxic :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Posted · Hidden by Will370z, May 18, 2015 - Inappropriate reply
Hidden by Will370z, May 18, 2015 - Inappropriate reply

Mouthwash, if you took the trouble to rise above your relentless negativity you would have read that I have serious health problems and that is why I am not working. Happy about that? Want to swap? Feel free. You couldn't get much more miserable could you? Have you got a really small ........ gear knob? There must be something that is peeing you off so mightly, ha ha :lol:

So which thread do you think will be next? Once you've removed the sand from your vagina that is.

Twobears - I did not read the Mouthwash thread that way at all.

I am sure he will be sorry you did.

Anyway back to thread - Own and drive whatever you want.

As said before, you are never to old.

Enjoy life, its all over far too quickly.

I for sure already know I do not have enough time left to do all the things I would like to achieve.

Yes, my list is mightly long !!!! :lol:

Some people can't see the satirical versions of themselves and take things far too seriously. :p

Must admit I just got a b*llocking from my colleagues as I literally laughed out loud at the Mouthwash comments - I am sure he's posting in the style of the Daily Mash so treat accordingly

My Zed was my 50th Birthday present to myself. Grow old disgracefully and wear purple - Give it a go - age is not a factor, if your body is falling apart then that's another matter

Edited by Mudman
  • Like 1