What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

I remember how flipping hard it was, you had to time every jump and sprint or you were toast!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep that is true but the one thing I remember at the time was thinking how the movements of the guy were so life like. Nothing like todays games but coming from a BBC tape computer etc it was amazing.

The movements were really fluid.

The cut scenes were pretty cool too in their day.

There's a remake of it too.

• Like 1

Man im struggling a bit with Project Cars. I've done about 15 laps of Donnington so far, and only kept it on the track for 1 full lap! I'm driving the Ginetta Junior, and still struggling.

I went for the Pro difficulty. Think i need to dial it down a bit.

Schoolboy error :p

I went for the middle option and it seems about right, might be the better option?

I remember how flipping hard it was, you had to time every jump and sprint or you were toast!!!

Yep that is true but the one thing I remember at the time was thinking how the movements of the guy were so life like. Nothing like todays games but coming from a BBC tape computer etc it was amazing.

Yeah the way he ran, jumped and slid along was jaw dropping back in the day...

Man im struggling a bit with Project Cars. I've done about 15 laps of Donnington so far, and only kept it on the track for 1 full lap! I'm driving the Ginetta Junior, and still struggling.

Yup pro was a mistake, the game is rather harsh in its introduction, I was struggling with it too but a group of us have been playing with settings and it's now much much better. I tried to add you to come join Ekona, myself and some friends but I guess you didn't see the invite. Will be back on Sunday so can try then. Stick with it though, it's got lots of rough edges but given time and support this is going to be a gem, I'm loving it.

Yup pro was a mistake, the game is rather harsh in its introduction, I was struggling with it too but a group of us have been playing with settings and it's now much much better. I tried to add you to come join Ekona, myself and some friends but I guess you didn't see the invite. Will be back on Sunday so can try then. Stick with it though, it's got lots of rough edges but given time and support this is going to be a gem, I'm loving it.

No didnt see the invite sorry.

I've put the racing line on and enabled TCS and ABS. What really seems to have done the trick though is i've increased the throttle and brake deadzone and reduced the throttle sensitivity. Much better now... just managed about 10 laps of Oulton in an RUF in light rain!

...feel like im cheating using the racing line though.

• Like 1

I bottled it and started on novice :lol:

In fairness I'm using a pad but it is becoming obvious I'll have to invest in a wheel it's just I don't really have the room. My setup is in the box bedroom which we use as an office and my games room. The TV is on the "box" so quite high up with no room for a seat..... Maybe I'll have to set it up in a bus configuration :lol:

I did have a couple of issues last night whereby my kart would turn 90° without any input from me, I don't know if this was a sticky stick, a tap from another kart or a code issue to be fair. I suspect it's purely down to using a pad.

Starting to enjoy it and will spend some time tweaking tomorrow when I have more time.

• Like 1

I've not even touched them yet either, I don't think they're going to be something that I'll get to until I've done everything else.

We tried Cadwell in F1 cars after you left yesterday Will, that was 'interesting'...!

Also the lag on those Lotus 98T is just insane, we all thought the cars were broken as we tried to get off the line until the turbo kicked in yo, then we all spun off straight away :lol:

• Like 2

I bottled it and started on novice :lol:

In fairness I'm using a pad but it is becoming obvious I'll have to invest in a wheel it's just I don't really have the room. My setup is in the box bedroom which we use as an office and my games room. The TV is on the "box" so quite high up with no room for a seat..... Maybe I'll have to set it up in a bus configuration :lol:

I did have a couple of issues last night whereby my kart would turn 90° without any input from me, I don't know if this was a sticky stick, a tap from another kart or a code issue to be fair. I suspect it's purely down to using a pad.

Starting to enjoy it and will spend some time tweaking tomorrow when I have more time.

The sticking wheel is a known issue, turn the steering deadzone down to zero. The superkarts are frickin brilliant fun though, I'm just finishing them then moving on to the clio championship then onto GT. Definitely need to invest in a wheel to get the most out of it.

I'm tempted to buy a G27 steering wheel for the PC, seems to get good things said about it but I know it's been about for years... I feel a bit bitter about paying all that money for something that's had a shelf life of like 5 years. I can't seem to find anything else that seems as good for the monies though.

Well i lasted almost 14 hours but i have caved already and just ordered a Thrustmaster TX...!

Best price i could find anywhere by a country mile - £225 delivered. The order has gone through but i wouldnt be surprised if it gets cancelled at their end.

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20One/Games/46430/tx-racing-wheel-ferrari-458-italia-edition

• Like 1

Well i lasted almost 14 hours but i have caved already and just ordered a Thrustmaster TX...!

Best price i could find anywhere by a country mile - £225 delivered. The order has gone through but i wouldnt be surprised if it gets cancelled at their end.

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20One/Games/46430/tx-racing-wheel-ferrari-458-italia-edition

I'm looking for one too, let me know if your order goes through ok and I will order one too.

I'm tempted to buy a G27 steering wheel for the PC, seems to get good things said about it but I know it's been about for years... I feel a bit bitter about paying all that money for something that's had a shelf life of like 5 years. I can't seem to find anything else that seems as good for the monies though.

Might find a decent 2nd hand one about too

Nice one, I've been trying to track one down but everything seems to be out of stock.

When I'm back in line I'll track and set a lobby up for some racing

• Like 1

Ok so binned my Karting career :lol:

Restarted on the formula rookie. I've noticed a sound issue on the Xbox one with a headset, basically if you brake then it looses all sound. Anyone else had that? Headset and pad are up to date firmware wise.

Just did a google actually and it is a known issue. The results I got seem to suggest it affects turtle beach headsets which is what I have. Ah well no 7am blasts for me for the time being :(