What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

Tried the game quickly last night and yeah its definitely not as user friendly as Forza, this is going to be a proper sim. Controller felt a little numb so will likely get the wheel if i enjoy the game.

Quiting out of the options seems to take a crazy amount of time to save, and who on earth would set gear changes on the bumpers as default.

Will be giving it a more indepth run through this evening, we should get some races going, if we can stay on the course that is.

• Like 1

BWAHAHAHAHAHA PROJECT CARS IS BRILLIANT!!! :D :D :D :D

Got the controls sorted now (triggers are on the pedals), so set the car up as I would have it in real life and it's just amazing. The practice/qualy/race format is mint, I absolutely love it! It's such a buzz when you underfill your car with fuel to try and make the pace up, then get it massively wrong and have to manage your fuel through the race.

I'm starting my career in the Formula Rookie class, first race was at Oulton. The AI is a bit reckless during qualifying and tbh I could've done with cranking the difficulty up from 50 as I mullered them by 4.5 secs a lap. That's with just ABS and the racing line on, else I lock up everywhere and it's impossible to see the corners when the sun is in your eyes during an evening race.

I tried Le Mans in a storm in the Ruf GT3, man that's just horrible to drive. We should totally set up a proper championship with this, it'll be perfect for it. I had a quick online race which was good fun, one knobhead smashed me off but the other guys waited which was decent of them.

I'm sorry for ever doubting this, I really am.

• Like 1

Yup it does look and feel awesome, even OM on the joypad and it's great to see the British circuits like cadwell, brands and Donnington. I've got quite a few good racing mates getting it so you should join up and we'll get some racing done. Time to finally order that wheel.

How are you finding the wheel?

Thrustmaster TX with TH8A shifter and T3PA pedals, with the Ferrari GTE wheel. It's a beautiful setup, albeit a pricey one. So worth it though.

Awesome. Just watched the review on this. Looking at £250 for the basic unit, which is a bit rich for me at the mo (middle of moving house). Might pickup a cheap wheel for the time being, and upgrade in 12 months.

How are you finding the wheel?

Perfect. Well, I need to play with the FF settings a bit as I'd like a bit more resistance, but aside from that I've gelled very, very quickly. No way in hell I'd be quicker with a pad on this!

• Like 1

Just had a notification to say my preorder from tesco has just been dispatched and expected delivery is 5th September :scare::surrender: :surrender: :lol:

Well it arrived, I can only imagine the backend system used US date format and presented it in UK format.

Installing and updating as we speak, hope to get a chance to play tonight however it sounds like I will need to invest in a wheel :(

I'm currently in nostalgia mode. So I've dusted off the mega drive and Atari Jaguar. Desert Strike!

Oh man I forgot all about desert strike!! Flash back city!

I bought a wikipad a while ago and put a mega drive emulator on it to play some of the old mega drive games, played a bit of jungle strike the other day.

Edited by Gudzy
  • Like 1

Well I am finally a happy chap as I got my wheel working perfectly with Project Cars :yahoo:

Needed a firmware update, a correction of user error (wasn't turning off the PS4 controller so it wasn't recognised :blush: ) and finally a bit of googling to determine why the clutch was constantly engaged!!!

But now all working great, although need to affine tune, not used my Fanatec for ages really and had forgotten what a quality bit of kit it is, I am sure newer models and makes are even better now as my CSR is a few years old but it still rocks :band:

As for the game, it is great although the UI really feels clunky and not at all polished, played a game against a mate online and found the online 'matchmaking' really quite poor, was like going back to the early days of online racing games, maybe I am dumb but I couldn't see any of my friends online or a way to just have a race against certain people :shrug:

e07dfb94254a17f35d6fdce90b10d15f.jpg

Edited by spursmaddave

I'm currently in nostalgia mode. So I've dusted off the mega drive and Atari Jaguar. Desert Strike!

Flashback was awesome, good call ;)

Flashback WAS awesome.

Gunstar heroes, toejam and earl, Road Rash 2...... list goes on!

I just had a flashback remembering playing Flashback. :):lol: That game was fantastic in it's day. B)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA PROJECT CARS IS BRILLIANT!!! :D :D :D :D

Got the controls sorted now (triggers are on the pedals), so set the car up as I would have it in real life and it's just amazing. The practice/qualy/race format is mint, I absolutely love it! It's such a buzz when you underfill your car with fuel to try and make the pace up, then get it massively wrong and have to manage your fuel through the race.

I'm starting my career in the Formula Rookie class, first race was at Oulton. The AI is a bit reckless during qualifying and tbh I could've done with cranking the difficulty up from 50 as I mullered them by 4.5 secs a lap. That's with just ABS and the racing line on, else I lock up everywhere and it's impossible to see the corners when the sun is in your eyes during an evening race.

I tried Le Mans in a storm in the Ruf GT3, man that's just horrible to drive. We should totally set up a proper championship with this, it'll be perfect for it. I had a quick online race which was good fun, one knobhead smashed me off but the other guys waited which was decent of them.

I'm sorry for ever doubting this, I really am.

Cracking game fair play. Got it today, started career (Amateur). Bloody go karts are difficult with a controller!

Flashback was awesome, good call ;)

Flashback WAS awesome.

Gunstar heroes, toejam and earl, Road Rash 2...... list goes on!

I just had a flashback remembering playing Flashback. :):lol: That game was fantastic in it's day. B)

I remember how flipping hard it was, you had to time every jump and sprint or you were toast!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember how flipping hard it was, you had to time every jump and sprint or you were toast!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep that is true but the one thing I remember at the time was thinking how the movements of the guy were so life like. Nothing like todays games but coming from a BBC tape computer etc it was amazing.

Man im struggling a bit with Project Cars. I've done about 15 laps of Donnington so far, and only kept it on the track for 1 full lap! I'm driving the Ginetta Junior, and still struggling.

I went for the Pro difficulty. Think i need to dial it down a bit.