Sad day! somebody side swiped me

newkid

Really sorry to see this, and heading to your wedding venue to boot!

I know when my Mrs had her previous Zed written off last year she was in bits about it for ages. The important thing is that you are both ok! The Zed is a strong car and has looked after you well.

Good luck with the hunt for a new Zed

Ed

• Like 1

Appreciate the kind words guys and girls. I will keep you all updated as to what happens. In the mean time I will be on the hunt for a new zed.

Sad news about your ZED, good news about you and the one to be, positive news about a replacement ZED - ought to be a white one!

• Like 1

Appreciate the kind words guys and girls. I will keep you all updated as to what happens. In the mean time I will be on the hunt for a new zed.

you don't actually say what happened ?

But.....suppose it won't hurt to say what happened. I was driving down some single car country lanes focusing on any oncoming traffic. I didn't know the area and was following the Sat nav then before I knew it we were in the middle of a crossroads and the poor gent in a Mercedes Vito t-boned us on the passenger side at roughly 50mph. There were no road markings and after a quick inspection the only give way sign was on the crossroads and covered by trees. Unfortunately due to hedges and trees on either side I simply didn't see the side roads.

I did indeed. Not holding my breath though. A nice couple in a house nearby gave us tea etc and said it happens pretty much every weekend on that junction. Sometimes people fly by it without knowing they have even gone over a crossroads...others are not so lucky.

I must say though....these cars are absolutely astounding safety wise. My partner was literally cocooned in airbags and to be hit at that speed by a van square on an coming off with a few bumps and bruises is simply astonishing.

The interior is completely bent and the door is squashed against her seat, the dash has buckled and so has the rear speaker part but it looked after my fiance very very well.

Edited by newkid
  • Like 3

Very sorry to see this, The fact your lady was in the car realy brings home how well the Z has fared up again that bruit of a van.... car can be replaced and used a reminder to all how quick things can change. The damage to the car looks quite traumatic yet the structure of the car looks solid.

Keep us posted on developments.

• Like 1