Carpro Clay towel

ioneabee

They are great. I've got one, used it loads, not just on my cars, but on friends too - it's a convincing experience to let them feel it get smooth under their own hands.

Despite using it loads, it's still as good as new too - I'd say a dozen times so far.

Have your friends got rough faces..?

• Like 5

The car DEFINITELY needs to be wet, else you'll wreck the paintwork.

You can use the rinsing water if there's enough of it, but I always use QD as you really need a lot of water with a clay and invariably there's never enough left on the bloody car when I try and cheat.

I use clean soapy water, in fact I foam the car after it's been washed and use that and clean soapy water to clay the car with the cloth. Works a treat.

Great tip. After my visit to the builders yard tomorrow, off to halfords for the 3 for 2 :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to give one these Carpro towels a try. Pretty impressed - much quicker than clay. This is the result of - Megs shampoo, Carpro towel (with plenty of water and Sonax QD), White Hole Glaze (and Black Hole on the dark bits), 2 coats of Jetseal 109.

Sorry about rubbish pics - taken on an IPad and I couldn't see what i was photographing due to the sun :)

e6eb5b1ac4028da1fbd8d54f707e928f_zps59snprhx.jpg

1ea7530d0402f06513bc13a99eec8ed4_zps9l6qagix.jpg

c11e0f02beaa60cc8a0024145720133f_zpsdk2ofsbp.jpg

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't find it in Halfords the other day :( on my shopping list though. I tried a clay bar the other week for the first time after reading this forum, with less than stellar results :p

Available here. Get all my stuff from this site. If you register you can build up points for discounts on future purchases.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-clay/detailing-clay-bars/carpro-polyshave-clay-cloth/prod_1361.html

Couldn't find it in Halfords the other day :( on my shopping list though. I tried a clay bar the other week for the first time after reading this forum, with less than stellar results :p

Available here. Get all my stuff from this site. If you register you can build up points for discounts on future purchases.

http://www.cleanyour.../prod_1361.html

Interesting description ;)

"... we offer a variety of methods to remove decontamination from the surface"

But damn you all now I have to buy one too :dry:

• Like 1

Some that look almost identical on ebay for a fair few quid less...in fact one which is £19 which looks like it comes from the same sweat shop CarPros come from.

Checked on the actual CarPro site, and couldnt find this product either?