Dealer Offered To Buy My Car Today

keithvmx1200

A dealer rang me up today and said he would give me £7500 for it. Guess what I said to him *********** I have it up for sale on UK Classified for £8500 and on this site for members and friends £7950. but it has to be gone by the end of April.

http://www.ukclassif...h-o2520910.html

I would welcome your thoughts and comments and do you think I have priced it right.

Regards Keith B)

Thats an amazing price for a late reg 2005 car, irrespective of mileage!!

I'd have bitten his hand off!

Lets face it, it's the first gen 350 and silver, so you'll probably struggle to get £8.

• Like 2

Hadn't even noticed that it wasn't a revup, just saw 2006 and figured it must've been,.

Yeah, I'd have snatched his hand off too. As far as unwanted cars go, a silver DE that falls into the highest VED band with zero extra power or the nice interior is right up there with the best (worst?) of them.

You still haven't removed that silly tax thing btw. All you're doing now is drawing attention to the fact it's the low power/high tax thing.

As above, good price and generally buyers would expect to haggle down prices anyway, very rarely you will have someone come in and just pay you the price outright.

Ring them back and see if you can meet halfway?

That was a very good offer and like others have said id have snatched his hand off.

When I sold my HR Roadster to a dealer nearly 3 years back the typical private asking price was £12k and after mucho haggling the dealer only gave me £9k. That was for an immaculate FSH car, nearly every optional extra available on it, it had new tyres/MOT and 40k on the clock. That was in May time so it was also coming up to when the roadsters were going to be easier to sell too due to summer.

Compared to cars in the classifieds I think that would be a good buy for £7500. Especially with a new roof.

Not many low mile, original cars left.

I agree it's not a bad offer from a dealer, but I think he could get more privately.

Edited by Kev

Compared to cars in the classifieds I think that would be a good buy for £7500. Especially with a new roof.

Not many low mile, original cars left.

I agree it's not a bad offer from a dealer, but I think he could get more privately.

Not before the end of April he won't, as he mentioned it needs gone by then.