Is my neighbour being unreasonable?

twobears

She's not lonely because her son lives with her and she goes to her mother's up in the village every day and she knows more people than I do round here since she's lived here for at least 30 years. She is only in her 60s so not a frail old lady. She just loves moaning that's all. We share a dog walker and she does a wicked impression of my neighbour's whining voice :lol: Truth is, I actually like her a lot. She says what she thinks and so do I so we normally get on fine but I just can't get her out of the chicken obsession thing it seems :surrender: If she hadn't started feeding Ethel I don't think she'd have had any reason to go into her garden but I can't seem to get that across to her :wacko:

• Like 1

^ that was the slightly less amusing thought that led me to my conclusion.

To a degree I've no sympathy for people like that though.

Ask Annie round for a cup of tea if you're lonely don't just create mither for someone......she doesn't exactly strike me as the type to say no.

• Like 2

Maybe I should change my forum name to Paxo in support of Ethel. I wouldn't talk to your neighbour for a week now, its probably not helping you egging her on all the time..

Edited by Payco
  • Like 2

She can go for days without going into the neighbour's garden, fortunately or unfortunately, so I haven't got the time to watch her I'm afraid. I've no idea if you could fit a camera to her but it would be really interesting I think. My brother's friend is a biology professor who used to track Natterjack toads and years ago my brother spent days designing a tiny transmitter that they had to get the frogs to carry. I think they used to make the frogs swallow them? :dry: Not suggesting get Ethel to swallow a camera but maybe there is a little lightweight thing I could fit to a harness somehow?

Solution = Ethel sounds awesome. Give her to me. She can come and live in Twickenham with our four rescue bunnies and two adopted fat lazy cats (who are too obese, cowardly and spoilt to think of taking on a feisty chicken.). Problem solved. :)

• Like 1

She's not lonely because her son lives with her and she goes to her mother's up in the village every day and she knows more people than I do round here since she's lived here for at least 30 years. She is only in her 60s so not a frail old lady. She just loves moaning that's all.

Well that ****** on my one and only "sensible" thought of the day then. :lol:

• Like 1

Haven't read all the posts so apologies if this has already been said but, how can she complain if she 's also feeding Ethel? " your chicken, it keeps coming into my garden" she says feeding it. :wacko: Surely she is also seducing your chicken into her garden and then complaining about it

Edited by Rock_Steady

You are right. There is definitely chicken seduction going on but my neighbour is not always logical it has to be said. I suppose you could say she's eccentric? She does get into repetitive cycles of behaviour and all her friends have noticed it but there's nothing we can do to convince her to change her ways, even if she is doing things that make her unhappy. I know it sounds odd but you'd have to meet her to understand her thought processes. When she's on form she's a good laugh but she does get bees in her bonnet (chickens in her chapeau?) sometimes. She never liked Mr Zedley, for instance, and her whole dislike seemed to be based on the fact that he had leather seats :wacko:

We need a picture of Ethel please twobears :)

yep, a picture or its all not true. there is no chicken, there is no z. its all lies. :scare:

Half right. There is no Z, or at least not for me any longer :( I need to charge my camera batteries to get a good pic of Ethel. Will do my best later.

That is quite a disturbing photo of your co** WinkJ :scare:

We need a picture of Ethel please twobears :)

yep, a picture or its all not true. there is no chicken, there is no z. its all lies. :scare:

Half right. There is no Z, or at least not for me any longer :( I need to charge my camera batteries to get a good pic of Ethel. Will do my best later.

That is quite a disturbing photo of your co** WinkJ :scare:

i forgot you got rid of her!!

it's quite impressive isn't it! B)