Apple watch

tatooandy67

I can't wait :yahoo:

Feels like when I was a kid waiting for Santa

All this just for a watch..... What are you going to be like next year when they announce another gadget :ninja:

:yahoo: I think I may burst :yahoo:

I'm the same every September at every Apple launch but this time round it came early so I'll be getting over excited again in 5 months for the next iPhone launch :lol:

I NEED MY WATCH :lol:

All this just for a watch..... What are you going to be like next year when they announce a watch which works :ninja:

Fixed that for you. I'm sorry I like apple products but the watch and strap I'd choose is close to 1k and the peripheral I'm buying would be out of date within 12 months, possibly 6. I realise the strap is getting on for 1/3 of the price and I'm guessing they will offer gen 2 without a strap come September

All this just for a watch..... What are you going to be like next year when they announce another gadget :ninja:

A gadget that might even be useful, not just for people that can't be arsed to look at the phone in their pocket :surrender:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this just for a watch..... What are you going to be like next year when they announce a watch which works :ninja:

Fixed that for you. I'm sorry I like apple products but the watch and strap I'd choose is close to 1k and the peripheral I'm buying would be out of date within 12 months, possibly 6. I realise the strap is getting on for 1/3 of the price and I'm guessing they will offer gen 2 without a strap come September

Gen 2 will have an ever so slightly different strap that won't be backward compatible ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:( cancelled my order due to reported problems with tattooed wrists :(

Both my wrists are completely covered so unless Apple release an update or workaround I won't be getting one

*Awaits the "Apple Watch tattoo solution" product; a length of Elastoplast with the Apple logo drawn on it in marker pen. Yours for the cheap, cheap price of £300 per pre-cut length or a fully tailored, made-to-measure length for a mere £500.* :teeth:

:stir:

• Like 1

That's an issue with all HR smart watches, and the Apple Watch is better than most at getting round it. Might be worth giving it a try in a shop?

Absolutely agree, will be visiting an Apple Store soon, fingers x'd for a suitable workaround :)

• 5 weeks later...

Have many of you on here got one? I had a look at them in the apple store the other day and am now tempted but im just wondering if they stay interesting a month or so after purchase?

I was thinking about updating this thread the other day but real life crept in. It's my one month anniversary today and my thoughts are:

• I love the look and feel of my Watch + Milanese Loop. A few people have commented positively on it (not just fanboys).

• Notifications (texts, reminders, calendar, email) are very good for just keeping an eye on, particularly in meetings or if your phone is put away.

• Directions are fantastic when on foot. Irritating when you're driving.

• Many times I've not noticed my phone ringing (it's usually on silent) but my watch has tapped me on the wrist so I've not missed the call.

• The health stuff is mildly interesting, I'm not a keen exerciser so I can't compare it to dedicated fitness stuff, but the nags every hour to get up and move around are an interesting idea. I can see how a person might get into trying to hit the 3 goals that it monitors for you each day.

• Battery life is good compared to what I expected. I expected to charge it nightly, but it can just about manage 2 days (currently on 84% at 3:20pm).

• It's mildly useful that you can control media playback on it (Apple TV and iTunes etc).

On the flip side, it's a wedge of cash but I'd rather drop £600 on this than a "proper" watch which doesn't do anything except date/time/look pretty - this is obviously hugely subjective. Not quite figured out what the killer app will be, notifications are definitely my favourite thing.

If you love gadgets and have the money, it's good fun and a taste of the future. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have the cash and are saving up for it to change your life.

My neighbour got one and decided to sell it after a day, the idea that it 'saves' him any time of effort instead of reaching for your pocket for your phone is absurd and I have to agree.

Clearly Apple would like to see us do away with phones and the tech is miniturised to fit in a watch is their objective but at the moment it is just an extra screen for your phone from what I can see and would I spend that money on the thing, not really. My neighbour is CEO of a large energy firm, he easily afford this early market tech and he is an Apple fan but felt it was a waste of money.